Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees Acquire Stephen Drew

Stephen Drew traded to the Yankees, @GordonEdes reports. Would be first NYY-BOS trade since 1997.
    Bryan Hoch ‏@BryanHoch

I SUPPORT A-ROD

Quote Originally Posted by yanks/mets fan View Post
    Jeter is smart and I think he can transition to Catching easily.
    ANDRUW JONES CAREER HOME RUN COUNT

vCash
    BA .206 / OBP .325 / SLG .456 / OPS .781 with 4 HR's and 15% BB% in 80 PA's this month.

He's definitely getting better after the terrible June (he signed in June). Remember he had no ST or anything.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yay
    7 Rec, 69 YD, 1TD

vCash
    They traded Johnson for him. So it is a great trade since Johnson is signed through next year

vCash
    It's a Stephen Drew for Kelly Johnson swap according to Pete Abraham.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Thank you for taking him off our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    They traded Johnson for him. So it is a great trade since Johnson is signed through next year
    What? Johnson is only signed through this season. He signed a 1 year deal in the off-season.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I don't really understand this move

vCash
    Guess he's our new 2B... he's an instant upgrade on defense at least. Can't be much worse with that bat I guess.

With Headley at 3B and now maybe Drew at 2B our infield defense should be greatly improved. If Tex can stay relatively healthy the rest of the way too we have a strong defender at every spot except SS, where Ryan can come in as a late inning defensive replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    What? Johnson is only signed through this season. He signed a 1 year deal in the off-season.
    My bad I thought it was 2 years 6 million for some reason

vCash
    Hell of a deadline, you guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Guess he's our new 2B... he's an instant upgrade on defense at least. Can't be much worse with that bat I guess.

With Headley at 3B and now maybe Drew at 2B our infield defense should be greatly improved. If Tex can stay relatively healthy the rest of the way too we have a strong defender at every spot except SS, where Ryan can come in as a late inning defensive replacement.
    The guys never played 2B in the majors though. Thats a pretty big assumption that he'll be good there. So we traded an actual 2B for a guy that might be able to play 2B?

And he actually is worse with the bat than Johnson, which is the scary part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Makes me wonder why we didn't just sign Drew before the Sox this year. Or why we didn't just trade for Asdrubal Cabrera, could play 2nd and resign him for there or SS.

vCash
    If this is all we get at the deadline with price and Lester moved that's pathetic. This is a guy we could have had for the money and no trade a couple of months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    How long is Drews contact

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast