Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Have "stacked" teams and "Big 3's" ruined the league?

The NBA is getting more and more talented by the year, yet there are roughly only 4-6 teams (generously) each year that have a realistic chance at winning a title. Recent years we've seen "big 3's" formed and to me it kind of ruins the league.

Personally, I would rather see teams build through the draft and have superstar players more scattered throughout the league. It would definitely make things much more interesting. What do you guys think?

vCash
    its okay as long as the stars are traded for apparently and not signed via free agency. thats what i was told, so the boston big 3 was okay, but the miami big 3 ruined the nba.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    The Spurs & the Mavs proved what you can do to beat teams structured that way. Coaching, defense, team ball, etc... Problem is, a lot of teams aren't willing to be patient enough to take that route.

I don't think it ruins the league necessarily. I just think other teams need to step up their game in terms of drafting/developing/scouting/etc...

vCash
    Yes.

Stars used to think they'd have a chance winning it all staying with the team that drafted them. They thought they might be able to lure a FA or someone would develop to help them. Now, though, this dream is not realistic. Stars need to demand trades or sign with a team who is already established. The league is 6-7 deep with one "out of no where" extra team which could surprise. The rest of the league is a farm system. Even a team which got as lucky as OKC and has made almost every correct decision still doesn't have a title. They're about to lose Durant, too.

A hard cap means nothing if a pure economic system within isn't working. When players take 1/3 of their value in contracts it messes everything up. Cap space to a small market team means absolutely nothing. Their simply is no value.

Stacked teams sign players to 1/3 of their true value while small market teams pay 2X the value for a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Yes. I miss the days like the 80's when there was a ton of balance and parity in the league. /s

vCash
    when has that not been true? ...also,what big 3's are there?

vCash
    I'll admit I like that Lebron left and bosh decided to stay with wade.

vCash
    Yes...

In the past it was all management/ownership that decided how to construct a team but now a days you have players planning and plotting moves to form super teams with each other now a days while they are still playing for a different team. Kind of sucks for a lot of the small market teams out there who just don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Did two teams (Boston, and LA) winning championships almost every year since the '50's ruin the league?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    Yes. I miss the days like the 80's when there was a ton of balance and parity in the league. /s
    you mean 70's, the 80's was all about the lakers and celtics.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post
    The NBA is getting more and more talented by the year, yet there are roughly only 4-6 teams (generously) each year that have a realistic chance at winning a title. Recent years we've seen "big 3's" formed and to me it kind of ruins the league.

Personally, I would rather see teams build through the draft and have superstar players more scattered throughout the league. It would definitely make things much more interesting. What do you guys think?
    If you truly felt this way, then you would have brought up that the 80's lakers & C's started this mess and it's because of stern that only a few teams have actually won a title.

Start at the route Op, don't blame the teams of today.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    Did two teams (Boston, and LA) winning championships almost every year since the '50's ruin the league?
    you notice when the celts/lakers are stacking no one says a thing, ie: celtics in 2008, but as soon as other teams like miami get in on it all hell breaks loose. like how dare they put themselves in a position to win multiple championships? lol

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    you mean 70's, the 80's was all about the lakers and celtics.
    And Boston, and LA won championships that decade, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    you notice when the celts/lakers are stacking no one says a thing, ie: celtics in 2008, but as soon as other teams like miami get in on it all hell breaks loose. like how dare they put themselves in a position to win multiple championships? lol
    even then its an outdated reaction because miami doesnt even have one anymore.i mean looking around the nba right now i cant find any super stacked or even big 3 right now.this is the most parity i've ever seen
    Last edited by abe_froman; 07-31-2014 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    The Spurs

I've never understood why this is the general opinion. They have more stars on that team than any other in the league. Just because they buy into a team concept and their stars don't dominate the ball often enough to post gaudy numbers doesn't mean they aren't stacked.

Duncan is arguably the best PF of all time for crying out loud. Some fans believe Parker is the best Point in the league. Manu might have lost some of his luster, but at one point he was a top 3 SG (briefly). Leonard just won the finals MVP, and their big man rotation was considerably better than Miami's. On the other side of the spectrum, Lebron is amazing, Bosh is good/great and Wade is a turd.

Last edited by MonroeFAN; 07-31-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast