Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How to properly approach the trade deadline

Being creative is the only way to acquire a top MLB hitter to improve this team going into next year while still being able to keep Syndergaard. Mets have a surplus of SP at the MLB and in the high minor leagues, however most people (including me) want to see Syndergaard stay on the Mets. We would all love to see Harvey, Wheeler, and Syndergaard dominant for the next decade.

Revisiting the Beltran and Wheeler trade…

Wheeler was ranked as the 27th overall and Giants number 1 prospect according to MLB.com in 2011. Beltran’s stats in 2011 before getting traded were 102 hits, 30 doubles, 2 triples, 15 homeruns, 66 RBIs, 60 BB in 98 games with a .289 AVG, .391 OBP, .513 SLG, and a 3.5 WAR.

Colon’s (10-8) stats so far this season in 141.2 IP has giving up 145 hits, 64 runs, 14 homeruns, 20 BB, 106 SO, with a 3.88 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and a 1.0 WAR.

The main goal for trading Colon is either to get an MLB ready prospect for next season or to trade for a top prospect in which you can then repackage in a deal for an MLB ready hitter.

Trades for Colon

Royals:
    trade top SP Kyle Zimmer (#52 overall) and the Royals (#2) prospect. Zimmer is 22yrs old 6’3” 215lbs with grades of Fastball (70), Curveball (65), Slider (60), Changeup (55), Control (60), and Overall (55). Kyle has had a couple of nagging injuries this year so really hasn’t played any ball.

Mets trade Colon and another prospect rated in the 25-35 range of top Mets prospects.

Orioles: (2 options)
    trade top SP prospect Dylan Bundy (#16 overall) and Baltimore’s (#1) prospect. Bundy is 21yrs old 6’1” 195lbs with grades of Fastball (70), Curveball (65), Changeup (60), Control (60), and Overall (65).

or the Orioles trade top SP prospect Hunter Harvey (#35 overall) and Baltimore’s (#2) prospect. Harvey is 21yrs old 6’3” 175lbs with grades of Fastball (65), Curveball (55), Changeup (45), Control (50), and Overall (60).

Mets trade Colon and Murphy, while eating some of Colon’s salary for next year, around 3 million.

or Mets trade Colon and Gee, while eating some of Colon’s salary for next year, around 2 million.

Mets could then, in the off season, repackage Zimmer/Bundy/Harvey with the likes of Montero, Plawecki, and den Dekker for Stanton/Cargo/Tulo, without having to give up Syndergaard (#13 overall prospect). I think that is a pretty good and fair package for Stanton if the Marlins decide to trade him this winter. Obviously, other prospects can be switched in or out if the Marlins like someone else, but with still not having to give up Syndergaard.

You have to be creative and having to trade Colon, Murphy, and/or Gee in 1 deal to then turn around and trade that player you just got, for a player of need then that’s what you have to do.

vCash
    I respectfully disagree with just about everything here. Creative? Kinda. Unrealistic? Absolutely. Royals/Orioles aren't trading their #1 and/or #2 for a 41 year-old inning eater and a pedestrian prospect.

I think and hope the Mets are holding onto Murphy.

vCash
    I respectfully disagree with just about everything here. Creative? Kinda. Unrealistic? Absolutely. Royals/Orioles aren't trading their #1 and/or #2 for a 41 year-old inning eater and a pedestrian prospect.

Last edited by The Captain; 07-31-2014 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    1 1/2 years each of Colon+Murphy could net Zimmer (and maybe more) easily I think.

Royals traded WAY MORE than that for 2 years of James Shields. This is their window. I could see Dayton Moore saying "**** It, We are the Royals, It's time to go."
    Last edited by WrightStuff82; 07-31-2014 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    I'm hoping that the window shuts for the Royals and they unload Gordon this off season.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post

+1

vCash
    Colon is not going to bring you a #1 or #2 type prospect. But Murphy could. Problem is, the Mets really need Murphy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Colon is not going to bring you a #1 or #2 type prospect. But Murphy could. Problem is, the Mets really need Murphy.
    Ask Omar Minaya what two months of Colon can net a team. A future Cy-Young winner and Two All-Stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    But can Colon and Gee net you a top prospect from the Orioles? Mets don't need either of them but the Orioles can't go into the post season with Tillman as their Ace.

vCash

How to properly approach the trade deadline

Damn. Lester for Cespedes really frustrates me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Cespedes is overrated by most. Nice outfielder, but far from elite. He's also a FA after next year I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets still got CY, its a wash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post

Cespedes is overrated by most. Nice outfielder, but far from elite. He's also a FA after next year I believe.
    I don't think so. He's a consistent solid 4 WAR player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    And -- he cannot be offered a QO. So no possibility of compensation.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    And -- he cannot be offered a QO. So no possibility of compensation.
    Correct.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast