Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hardaway Jr. key to Knicks future ?

Tim Hardaway Jr. is the key to New York Knicks success (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1knsoJW

I know this is a BR article but a very good read with a brief description of how our young guns can contribute to the Knicks winning the Atlantic again this season.

vCash
    I think either one of our SGs could be the key to the future. If JR breaks out again we would have a legit second option on offense. If Shumpert unlocks his ariza potential then he could help in ways we can only imagine. And same can go for hardaway

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    There is a legimate chance Hardaway Jr. Is our 2nd leading scorer next season. If he provides Melo the type of scoring relief that JR Smith provided two years ago (when we won 54 games) then we could again find ourselves in the playoffs with a potential middle seed.

vCash
    Jr Smith has to be play better THAN both Shumpert and THJR for us to be great.

If JR gets outplayed by either of them, it's bad news.

vCash
    Right now I am not impressed with any of them. Hardaway has the most upside because he is only in his second season, but I have seen enough of JR and Shump to see them traded for better pieces.

vCash
    He is a role player right now. He has a great shot is athletic but plays some of the worst defense in the league. The rest only time will tell. What people seem to forget is how well a professional athlete can shoot a ball un contested. He had a lot of open shots last year. Do that with a hand in your face and you get respect and then we can tell what he might be.

vCash
    I can't lie, i'm enamored with Hardaway. He passes the eye test. The kid has IT! That IT factor that JR needs to get back to. But the main reason I believe in the kid is simple...

Genetics. His Pops was clutch. At one point in his career Tim Sr. was a feared player. Some of you remember those games when you saw him on the 3 point line wide open and you would feel it. Almost on a Reggie level. The battles we had! That crossover. Now I'm not gonna say this kid is the second coming, but he comes from clutch charismatic genes. You can see it in the way he shoots...the way he plays.

OK..defensively he's horrid. But that can be coached, hes a high effort kid. So I say yes, he's definitely a big part of our future.

IF JR comes out with a chip on his shoulder and balls (and he plays good D when motivated), Hardaway keeps progressing to 15-16 ppg and Shump plays his much ballyhoo'd defense....

We winnin fitty games SON!

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    Yes defense can be coached but the effort has to be there. Thats why defense is so much harder because there is so much more effort needed. Rest on offense play hard on defense is what I was taught

vCash
    I like THJR but the fascination over him is a bit confusing. I know he was a rookie last season but what exactly has he shown us that gets Knicks fans so excited? He's a terrible rebounder for his size, seemingly has no interest in passing, and is among the worst defensive players in the league. He's athletic and could shoot the ball (even though last season he was more of a streaky shooter) but that's literally it. There are plenty of SGs in the league exactly like that.

Not to say he can't/won't improve, but all he's shown to this point is that he's a one dimensional player that is more reminiscent of a bench player rather than a legit starter/#2 option

vCash
    Again I will say this and I'm not saying he will be a superstar anything can happen (Paul George). Go watch some of Kobe's, Michael Redd's, Ray Allen's rookie and sophomore year games and their defense, passing and rebounding were absolutely terrible. Even compare him to other young studs of recent years like Harden, Clay Thompson or Bradley Beal and Hardaway looks as good or better in his 1st year.

Now the thing that stands out that makes this kid a potential star is his leadership and confidence on the floor.

Like someone else replied, he has got that "it" factor.....either you have that or you don't.

Let's just sit back and watch him grow.

The East is really wide open now with the Pacers completely out of the picture.

Larry Bird must really feel stupid letting Lance walk now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Again I will say this and I'm not saying he will be a superstar anything can happen (Paul George). Go watch some of Kobe's, Michael Redd's, Ray Allen's rookie and sophomore year games and their defense, passing and rebounding were absolutely terrible. Even compare him to other young studs of recent years like Harden, Clay Thompson or Bradley Beal and Hardaway looks as good or better in his 1st year.

Now the thing that stands out that makes this kid a potential star is his leadership and confidence on the floor.

Like someone else replied, he has got that "it" factor.....either you have that or you don't.

Let's just sit back and watch him grow.

The East is really wide open now with the Pacers completely out of the picture.

Larry Bird must really feel stupid letting Lance walk now.
    I mean when I see threads saying THJR is the key to our future followed by comparisons to the best SG's in the game, I start thinking yeah, he's overhyped.

You say sit back and watch him grow but I'm not the one that's putting all this pressure on a sophomore guard who only showed one aspect of his game in his rookie campaign. Obviously we all want to see him succeed but I guess you can say I'm not as optimistic as others.

vCash
    Again, I'm not saying that he will ever get better on defense but I do know that Phish will be in his ear all season to be a better defender. The FACT is that he looked better than Ray Allen, Michael Redd and even Kobe who all only showed their offensive game their rookie season. Kobe became a better defender in about his 3rd year in 1999 when they beat Portland. Maybe some of you are too young to remember or forgot, Kobe was known as a "hotdog" his first couple of years. Taking bad shots, playing terrible D BUT he had that "IT" factor. No matter what anybody said, Kobe kept coming and got better on both ends with his work ethic and his hunger to be better.

I see that in Timmy, that's all. He probably will never reach Kobe's greatness, but if he turns out to be as good as Redd or Ray or even a Brandon Roy type player, you keep him because of his extreme confidence in himself..........that rubs off on other players on the team.

Shumpert's game might advance this year just by the level of competition that Timmy is giving him in practice and the hunger to dominant when he has the ball. It's that "IT"
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I like THJR but the fascination over him is a bit confusing. I know he was a rookie last season but what exactly has he shown us that gets Knicks fans so excited? He's a terrible rebounder for his size, seemingly has no interest in passing, and is among the worst defensive players in the league. He's athletic and could shoot the ball (even though last season he was more of a streaky shooter) but that's literally it. There are plenty of SGs in the league exactly like that.

Not to say he can't/won't improve, but all he's shown to this point is that he's a one dimensional player that is more reminiscent of a bench player rather than a legit starter/#2 option
    He led the Knicks in games played. He made All-NBA rookie 1st team. Here is a complete list of players on the Knicks that scored more PPG than him and were more efficient:

Carmelo Anthony
    Amar'e Stoudemire

which leads many to believe that he will be an integral part in our offense. He averaged more PPG last season than Shumpert has averaged in any of his 3 seasons in the league. He had a fantastic summer league and looked like a natural fit in the triangle. To have all that to say about a 21 year old is exciting. I don't necessarily see an All-NBA player in him but if he can give us the same production as say Wes Matthews on Portland than I think we're in a lot better shape this season.

vCash
    Key to our future? Idk we can't tell what happens but if I had to bet I guess I'd say yes as I believe in him I think he'll have a solid career capable of doing it all but his D will never be as good as he needs to be a true superstar(like a Kobe or prime Dwade etc ..that's no dis ) .

I also believe Shump will become better a solid guy that any team with a whole at sg/stretch 3 could start eventually in his career but right now I think he needs THJrs Offense and Timmy needs Shump defense ...

Oddly if you could just get them to work together to become like Iman hardaway/Tim Shumpert lol we'd have 2 superstars on the team at sg .

vCash
    It's threads like these, and some of the posts here that give people reason to make fun of us and hate on Knicks fans for overhyping our own players

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast