Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which Rookies Will Have Success This Year And Which Will Bust?

Give a few answers for each category. Go ahead and name players on your team, but be realistic with your expectations.

Successful:

--DE/OLB Jadeveon Clowney, Texans: Has displayed extreme burst and quickness in camp despite still recovering from sports hernia surgery. Will be very difficult to block coming off the edge.

--WR Sammy Watkins, Bills: Easily the most hyped player in camp so far. Knack for circus catches would make Cris Carter and Lynn Swann blush.

--QB Teddy Bridgewater, Vikings: Showing impressive poise and incredible command for a rookie QB. Deep ball is making those who questioned it eat their words. Will be the starter Week 1, I guarantee.

Busts:

--QB Johnny Manziel, Browns: Moving on...

--WR Odell Beckham Jr., Giants: Landing himself in Coughlin's doghouse thanks to hamstring injury. Could start the season as the 4th receiver.

--OT Greg Robinson, Rams: Been practicing at left guard throughout training camp and apparently has underwhelmed in 1-on-1's. Could take a little while to get accustomed to the big leagues.

vCash
    Successful:
    Tuitt - he's a 3-4 DE in college and is built for it.
    Haha Clinton-Dix - S seems to be an easy impact position. Especially if you give a few simple looks for him.
    Archer - won't get high touches but speed kills.
    Jordan Matthews - exclusive slot WR at 6'3" 220. No nickel corner will be able to matchup with him and big nickel will be too slow.
    OBJr - most polished WR coming out.

Disappointments:
    Sammy Watkins - I know Clemson fans won't be happy but he's got so much to learn about playing WR. Relied on being an athlete too much.

Zach Martin - I know this one will be touchy. But I just see him struggling a bit. Can't explain why.

Shazier - hype is so high on him right now that he won't reach it even if he wins DPOY.

Manziel - honestly, I don't think he starts a single game.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Id say lee and robinson suceed this year.

Bortles will be a bust this year if bortles doesn't get any meaningful playing time.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Id say lee and robinson suceed this year.

Bortles will be a bust this year if bortles doesn't get any meaningful playing time.
    I think 70/900/5 for Lee and 90/800/7 for Robinson is what you are getting from them this year. You're gonna lean heavy on the run game. Those are respectable but not "hugely successful" numbers.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think 70/900/5 for Lee and 90/800/7 for Robinson is what you are getting from them this year. You're gonna lean heavy on the run game. Those are respectable but not "hugely successful" numbers.
    Those numbers are better than a normal rookie wr

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Those numbers are better than a normal rookie wr
    Also inflated because there literally is no other option in Jax through the air. Most rookie WRs have lower numbers because they are on a team with another legit passing option.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Especially 90 catches, like the hell? And for only 800 yards.

That's less than 9 yards per catch.

vCash
    Also inflated because there literally is no other option in Jax through the air. Most rookie WRs have lower numbers because they are on a team with another legit passing option.
    Still got shorts and mr brown

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    An injured player and someone I've never heard of.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Especially 90 catches, like the hell? And for only 800 yards.

That's less than 9 yards per catch.
    So. Averaging over 10 YPC is really damn good. If Jax is smart Robinson is a possession/back shoulder fade guy and Lee is a mid deep guy.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I think beckham will be a bust and injury prone that's just my guy feeling tho ... I didn't want him
    The realistic players in the draft I wanted was Ebron n Donald

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Jordan Matthews
    Bishop Sankey
    Mike Evans

Three of the top of my head I expect to be big players right away. Busts, IDK.

I expect Donald to disappoint early. Manziel obviously.

vCash

Jax as a franchise has only had 2 WRs catch more than 69 passes in one season. Thats in the entire history of the franchise, and those 2 was Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell with a young Mark brunell at QB. To say that 2 rookies on a run first team with Henne or Bortles will pass that is a little bit of a stretch. Maybe just a little

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Disappointments:

Shazier - hype is so high on him right now that he won't reach it even if he wins DPOY.
    This is exactly what I came into this thread to post. Sure I think he'll be good, but the hype since OTAs has been a bit overboard.

So. Averaging over 10 YPC is really damn good. If Jax is smart Robinson is a possession/back shoulder fade guy and Lee is a mid deep guy.
    To be fair, even Wes Welker only averaged less than 10 YPC once, at 9.9, and that was 2010 when Brady had like eight attempts over 20 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Jax as a franchise has only had 2 WRs catch more than 69 passes in one season. Thats in the entire history of the franchise, and those 2 was Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell with a young Mark brunell at QB. To say that 2 rookies on a run first team with Henne or Bortles will pass that is a little bit of a stretch. Maybe just a little
    To be fair we didnt have a true number 1 after jimmys abrupt retirement. Blackmon was close to doing it. Cecil was close to 1000 yards. Matt jones was on the cusp before he was busted for coke.

Weve had 66-63 catches for a leading catches.
    Heres your list of the leading catcher: cecil shorts(2), blackmon(wasnt leader but had 64 rookie year), mike thomas(1), reggie williams(1), matt jones(2), Marcedes lewis(1), mike Sims-Walker(1).

Of those wrs 2 could start on multiple teams(blackmon could on almost any team and cecil is an average #2 wr).
    Last edited by TDjacksonville; 07-30-2014 at 09:38 PM.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast