vCash

Tyron Smith - Extends 8 years for 98 million with Cowboys

vCash
    Worth it, the best young linemen in the league

only 23

vCash
    Best LT in the league

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    He coulda made more getting 3 short term deals over this 8 year IMO.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Worth every penny. With where he's at now and the upside he has beyond that he has the ability to be the best tackle to ever play football. Just has to get a little more consistent technically, but he's still so young.

And it's not fair to call anyone but Joe Thomas the best LT in the NFL. Nobody is as consistent from play to play and year to year at such a high level in pass protection. Until he falls off or one of the young guys demands that type of anointing with their play, its Joe Thomas. Tyron Smith is way more talented, but Thomas is also insanely talented, way more refined technically, and more consistent in pass protection. He's the best.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I suppose he "coulda". Or he could experience a career ending injury at some point. Gotta take it while you can get it.

vCash
    Was an incredible signing for the Cowboys, but at the same time, the best players generally create a legacy with their team. He can be the best - ever. So maybe he was just after the security and the home. Gives the Cowboys security there for a long time, too, allowing them to build around him.

Man its insane how young and talented they are with him, Fredrick, and Martin.

vCash
    Lol are you an NFL player? Go figure short term mentality.

One bad bad injury and he could be done.

vCash

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Cowboys LT Tyron Smith's new contract makes an extension for Dez Bryant "nearly impossible."
    Rapoport added there had been "little progress anyway," and that Dez "may benefit from playing it out." Dez wants to be paid like one of the top receivers in the league, but the Cowboys have reservations about handing a big-money extension to a player with the injury and the off-the-field history of Bryant. Dallas' train wreck of a salary-cap also does not help the situation. Bryant is set to make $1.78 million in the final year of his rookie deal.
    Soooo kind of a good news/bad news situation?

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I suppose he "coulda". Or he could experience a career ending injury at some point. Gotta take it while you can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Lol are you an NFL player? Go figure short term mentality.

One bad bad injury and he could be done.
    I'm not going to disagree with this but if he is the best in 4 years he's going to hold out for more than the ~$12 million he's slated to make.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Was an incredible signing for the Cowboys, but at the same time, the best players generally create a legacy with their team. He can be the best - ever. So maybe he was just after the security and the home. Gives the Cowboys security there for a long time, too, allowing them to build around him.

Man its insane how young and talented they are with him, Fredrick, and Martin.
    It's incredible for the Cowboys because with how good Tyron can be this deal could turn out to be a HUGE steal for the cowboys. I get the security he got.

But imagine at 22 signing for 4/$45 with $20 guaranteed, having a chance at 26 to sign maybe 5/70 with 30, and a chance at another huge 5 year at 31. To me the long term of the deal is so much in favor of the Cowboys.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Considering that I'm somewhat confident off the top of my head that no team has won a SB with a prototype X WR since Michael Irvin and the Cowboys now multiple decades ago, it seems to me that the better long term financial investment would be in the LT as the cornerstone for the offense that can transcend any other turnover and be built around.

Dez is a beast though and they definitely should try to lock him up, just not at the expense of not being able to also lock up Fredrick and Martin when their time comes. The Cowboys are headed in the right direction if they can keep Dez and those 3 OL around for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Considering that I'm somewhat confident off the top of my head that no team has won a SB with a prototype X WR since Michael Irvin and the Cowboys now multiple decades ago, it seems to me that the better long term financial investment would be in the LT as the cornerstone for the offense that can transcend any other turnover and be built around.

Dez is a beast though and they definitely should try to lock him up, just not at the expense of not being able to also lock up Fredrick and Martin when their time comes. The Cowboys are headed in the right direction if they can keep Dez and those 3 OL around for a while.
    If only they traded romo for johnny football

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I'm not going to disagree with this but if he is the best in 4 years he's going to hold out for more than the ~$12 million he's slated to make.

It's incredible for the Cowboys because with how good Tyron can be this deal could turn out to be a HUGE steal for the cowboys. I get the security he got.

But imagine at 22 signing for 4/$45 with $20 guaranteed, having a chance at 26 to sign maybe 5/70 with 30, and a chance at another huge 5 year at 31. To me the long term of the deal is so much in favor of the Cowboys.
    Like you said... if he is earning it in a few years still he can push for more, and probably get it without much issue. Why not get the big guaranteed amount and in 4 years push for some more?

vCash
    Pathetic contract. He had two years left on his rookie contract so Jerry resigns him early for more cap dollars despite a cap mess lol. Maybe Jerry can refi Romo for third time to try an get under the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post

I have no idea what this guy is talking about. What injuries?, does he mean the ones he played through. Maybe the hand injury he played with against doctors orders fearing permanent damage ? And what off field issues, he has been praised from everyone at Valley Ranch for how fast he matured and how he is actually mentoring the other younger receivers. JJ has never let a above average young player walk just because of money….NEVER. Does this guy know how long its been since Dallas had a player like Bryant. Does he remember the TO experiment or the nightmare trade they made for Roy Williams or Joey Galloway? Does he remember JJ traded up for Bryant without knowing for sure he would be this good because he didnt play his junior year at OKS. Jerr gets pounded for being a bad GM. When his picks pay off they play the majority of thier career with the star on their helmet. Anyone who thinks they will not sign Bryant is not familiar with the past WR situation in Dallas and they don't know Jerry Jones at all.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast