Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kings Working Out Terrance Williams

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...22749955416064

I liked him when he was here. He wanted to be here.

Apparently, his attitude is still in question. I see this as a cheap, low risk move, that improves our bench, and keeps us under the luxury tax still.

If we're seriously interested in this guy, we're really looking to speed the tempo up. I see a lot of run-and-gun this year...

Thoughts, everyone??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...22749955416064

I liked him when he was here. He wanted to be here.

Apparently, his attitude is still in question. I see this as a cheap, low risk move, that improves our bench, and keeps us under the luxury tax still.

If we're seriously interested in this guy, we're really looking to speed the tempo up. I see a lot of run-and-gun this year...

Thoughts, everyone??
    I prefer him to Casspi.

vCash
    not a terrence williams fan. didn't like him when he was with the celtics either.

vCash

Kings Working Out Terrance Williams

I lie Terrance Williams. Idk how he does have a job! But I hear we are also working out Dahntay Jones. Sounds to me like they are aetting up for a trade

vCash
    First Casspi, then T-Will, now Jones. How long before we give Donte Greene a call?

vCash
    in all fairness Jones worked out for like 5 teams in Vegas so it wasn't like the kings brought him in or anything, but i get where you're coming from. i kind of feel the same way. seems like the kings are just throwing $ away going after guys who most likely won't make a difference.

i've seen some people here speculate on the reasoning for picking guys like this up is to use them in a trade...hate to be the bearer of bad news but a crap piece is still a crap piece. another GM has to see value in what you're giving up. just because we pick up more crap pieces doesn't mean it's going to move the needle in the slightest when trades are concerned. as an opposing GM i wouldn't give up much for guys like jt, d-will, casspi etc.
    Last edited by 2shady4u; 07-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    I was just kidding because they are all former backup SF's for the Kings.

vCash
    Although possible, I don't think we're signing people just to trade.

From what Pete has had to say, I feel we're building a "Money Ball" team, so to speak. We're getting players and playing them to their strengths.

IT was a great player, but we wanted defense and speed, so we got Collison. Terrance Williams plays D, pushes the tempo and moves the ball well, so he would fit in the offense it looks like we're trying to create.

Casspi also plays D and shoots beyond the arch.

Dahntay Jones. Another guy who plays awesome D, but also likes to run and push the tempo.

Although I don't agree with not retaining IT, I gotta put some trust into this front office. They're not a bunch of idiots making ridiculous moves.

Good players or not, these are all guys who would play well together. We're shaping up to be a pretty good defensive team, on paper.

And, signing these guys aren't gonna hurt our cap and put us in the luxury tax, they would be easy to trade off when trying to make moves, and they're not gonna be signed to long term deals.

vCash
    I like Williams. .. always have. I agree with putting the right group of guys on the floor. You don't need big names to win. The spurs are doing it with aging stars and players that fit the system... diaw..Danny Greene... t. Splitter... we are building a team that will play a specific style... well find out that style eventually.

vCash
    all i'm gonna say regarding pete is this...i agree with carmichael dave and his recent comments. dave was talking last week on his morning show about how other GM's are going WTF as are other NBA insiders regarding what pete and the kings are doing. the only 2 ways this works out is either fantastic for pete or he falls on his face. i also agree with dave that if we're still like this in another 2 or 3 years some management changes need to take place.

i'm all for giving pete and this front office time..especially to let them get out from under the maloof era. i also understand you can't just snap your fingers and get players here and change things over night. i'm not however a fan of just signing crappy pieces so you can throw something against the wall and see what sticks so to speak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    all i'm gonna say regarding pete is this...i agree with carmichael dave and his recent comments. dave was talking last week on his morning show about how other GM's are going WTF as are other NBA insiders regarding what pete and the kings are doing. the only 2 ways this works out is either fantastic for pete or he falls on his face. i also agree with dave that if we're still like this in another 2 or 3 years some management changes need to take place.

i'm all for giving pete and this front office time..especially to let them get out from under the maloof era. i also understand you can't just snap your fingers and get players here and change things over night. i'm not however a fan of just signing crappy pieces so you can throw something against the wall and see what sticks so to speak.
    What do you propose they do?? What other way is there to see what works??

Doesn't matter what move is made, nothing is guaranteed to work. This is the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Would you rather try to sign a big name or trade for a big name with a long-term contract, and then have the chance of him not working out?? Or sign small names for cheap??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    What do you propose they do?? What other way is there to see what works??

Doesn't matter what move is made, nothing is guaranteed to work. This is the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Would you rather try to sign a big name or trade for a big name with a long-term contract, and then have the chance of him not working out?? Or sign small names for cheap??
    unfortunately for the kings there isn't a lot you can do right now. we have a lot of bad contracts that eat up quite a bit of cap space, and we're an awful product. we're not bad enough to warrant a really high pick, and we're that awful that no big FA's want to come here. it's arguably the worst spot a team could be in in the NBA. the only 2 ways out of it are to draft smart, or to trade for a big name.

you're right, nothing is gauranteed to work. i disagree however about this being the best way to go about it. when you sign mediocre player after mediocre player you're not making your roster any better. for example, terrence williams played like crap in boston. but it wasn't a bad signing by danny ainge. they had big names and only needed him to play scrub minutes. he was there to give other guys a rest. anything he contributed was icing on the cake. we don't have any garnetts, or pierces, or ray allens. we're signing mediocre players without the big names. that's what doesn't get you anywhere.

unfortunately talent is what wins, and talent goes hand in hand with big names. if you want to take that next step the kings are absolutely going to have to bring in a big name, whether that's through free agency and over paying for him, or through a trade (though the latter seems far fetched as we don't have anything to offer).

at some point i would rather gamble and trade or overpay through free agency because the small names for cheap aren't gonna get us anywhere. we'll stay a 30 win team and continue to be in the lottery. i understand that there just aren't any moves to be made right now so don't think im criticizing pete for not doing anything. but just the same i would prefer not to have names like casspi and possibly williams on the team. they certainly aren't gonna make us any worse, but i just don't see the point.

vCash
    Played great for us back in 2012 (?). Obviously off court issues because there was no reason why he shouldn't have been brought back.

He fits the 'positionless' basketball mold. Heck of a passer and a willing one too.

vCash
    Kings really have no idea what they're doing.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    wouldn't say he played great for us. averaged 8 pts a game and shot 29% from beyond the arc. i wouldn't have been rushing to bring him back.

the guy hopped around 3 different teams during the 2010-2011 season, and 3 different teams during the 2011-2012 season and was out of the league last year. that should say it all right there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast