Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Who do you want the Hawks to keep?

We all know the inevitable is coming with Wilsons contract coming up at the end of the season and players will be cap casualty because of that. My question is who do YOU want the Hawks to keep and who are you okay with losing (you're going to have to lose some).

I will start.

Absolute keeps: Russell Wilson, KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner. I love this speedy LB corp we have and I dont want to lose these two guys especially Wagner.

Want to keep: Cliff Avirl, and Byron Maxwell

Okay with losing if it means keeping ___: Russell Okung. I think he is gone unless he plans on taking less money.

Expecting to lose: Lynch, no brainer I think he will play out this season and will be cut at the end of the year. Although I want Maxwell to stay I can also see him leaving for a bigger contract elsewhere.

Thoughts? Any other big players im missing that are nearing the end of their contracts?
    Last edited by Seahawker562; 07-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Honestly, I'd look at moving Lynch during the season to a desperate, RB hungry team. If we know we're going to move him, we should try to get a high pick out of someone and turn the load over to Michael. The price should be higher during the season, ala the Trent Richardson deal.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Id argue that Avril is way more important than KJ. We have guys that can replace KJ. We don't really have a pass rusher and Avril will be the man this year. I also think Avril might come cheaper than KJ. Wagner is a must keep IMO.

I also think Okung is a crucial piece. I don't think he will ask for a massive contract because 1) We won't offer it 2) He is injury prone and I think we might be skeptic to give him it right now. I expect a 1-2 year deal unless he comes out and has a All pro type of season and is healthy. OT is very important for our offense, much more important than OG. We have been known to throw anyone in at OG. It's a position that's not a concern at all. So it makes me believe that they would really want to keep Okung. Finding a RT was very important for them, finding a LT is even more important. It's really tough to say right now because we still have a season to play and see who breaks out.

Maxwell is another guy I would really want to keep. It might be tough if he gets a bigger deal but I think he's a really special player. he has a bit of Charles Tillman in him.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Honestly, I'd look at moving Lynch during the season to a desperate, RB hungry team. If we know we're going to move him, we should try to get a high pick out of someone and turn the load over to Michael. The price should be higher during the season, ala the Trent Richardson deal.
    Trent Richardson was also going into his second year and doesn't have a 1000 carries over 3 seasons. I expect us to release him and for him to retire unless Oakland offers him a deal.

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    Must keeps Wilson and Wagner.

Would like to keep: Okung and Maxwell

Indifferent: Avril, Wright.

Don't get me wrong the last 2 are good but both are pretty unremarkable and I would only keep them on super team friendly deals. Okung has top 5 LT talent and Wagner has top 3 ILB talent.

I would keep Wagner because I don't see him commanding huge money due to the position and not being a star yet. Okung can't stay healthy so he will command less than he is worth IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    No ****ing way man. We've got a fantastic chance to repeat this season... You don't jeopardize that midseason. UNLESS, we struggle and aren't doing too got as the trade deadline approached. Then I'd agree with you.

I don't see that happening though.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    I think Avril is a special pass rusher. I would really hate to lose him. I also don't see anyone ready to replace him right now. We are loaded at LB.

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU