Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Stage 1 of bidding now completed!

So stage 1 is now completed and the Bills only got 3 bids. Trump, Pegula and Bon Jovi's group. Sources close to Pegula said the first stage of bidding was 1.3 Billion by him. People in Toronto close to Rogers Communication guestimated that Bon Jovi's group can go no higher than 1.25 Billion, but they do not know what their first stage of bidding for yesterday was. I will guess that Trump is pretty much completely out of it. He is looking at this as a business venture, therefore with the team being worth 850,000,000, he most likely will go no higher than a Billion. He said recently that he will absolutely not do something stupid, which in his opinion means, he will not over value the team with a crazy bid.

There have been conflicting reports about whether or not, new people can bid moving forward. Some said it is passed the deadline so they cannot. Some said that money talks, so therefore the league would make exceptions.

It will be interesting to see where the next step leads to, if it is true Pegula bid 1.3 Billion. If Bon Jovi bid under that, he can only move forward to the next stage, if he is able to beat out that initial 1.3 Billion bid during the next step of negotiations. Therefore if the sources from Rogers Communication is correct about him not being able to higher than 1.25 Billion, Bon Jovi will have to drop out. And, if those sources were correct, Pegula's bid of 1.3 Billion makes a lot of sense, being that he is testing the accuracy of the Toronto based reports.

The NFL Rule is that only one person can own the team and go to meetings for voting and be the figure head. However, the person who is the figure head, has to have the financial portfolio to stand alone, therefore Rogers Communications and Tanenbaum cant just buy the team for Bon Jovi.

It has been reported that as investors, Rogers and Tanenbaum can only put in the amount of money for the team, that is equal to their share of the team. So therefore with Bon Jovi slated to be the majority owner, he needs to show the NFL that he has the money in his own bank account to be the majority owner. This all makes sense and would be the reason why Sources from Toronto have said the Bon Jovi Group cant go no higher than 1.25 Billion. Despite the Billions Tanenbaum and Rogers have, being they are small investors, they are capped at how much money they can put in. I am guessing that Bon Jovi is slated at 51% stake in the team, Tanenbaum is 39% and Rogers only being 10%. Rogers Communication confirmed that their stake is small and that it took a lot of begging just to get Rogers Communication to come in as a 10% investor. By September, we will have our owner.

vCash
    All reports were true. Bon Jovi unable to match the bid.

vCash
    I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. Reportedly, none of the bids are as high as reported via Tim Graham. These are non-binding secret bids, we won't know for a bit. Also, if Bon Jovi decides to become a minority owner, all bets are off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. Reportedly, none of the bids are as high as reported via Tim Graham. These are non-binding secret bids, we won't know for a bit. Also, if Bon Jovi decides to become a minority owner, all bets are off.

Yeah I saw the article by Graham. I think he said though Pegula's bid was accurate, but the other 2 bids were not. Toronto Sun reported that Bon Jovi's bid was no where near 1.2 Billion and they said the bid was closer to 950,000,000.

What is getting me a little nervous now is that the Toronto group was apparently asked to restructure there group. Meaning, taking Bon Jovi off completely, or making him a minority owner. In that case, Tanenbaum or Rogers, (whoever takes the primary spot) will then have a lot more money to bid with.

vCash
    Personally, I am rooting for the MLSE group to get Toronto the Bills. It's a good move for the NFL to see Toronto and LA get teams since its bigger untapped markets for the most part since the Bills play what 4 games a year at most in Toronto? The problem is that the team needs to grow more talent through the draft. Watkins is a great start and it makes up for overdrafting EJ Manuel in the 1st round.

vCash
    The NFL can't ignore a long-standing loyal fan base though. There's plenty of fans in TO that are Buffalo Bills fans. The whole Bills in TO thing wasn't even that successful. At the HOF ceremony yesterday the Buffalo fans took over the area. The NFL took notice. I'm not saying the Bills are out of the woods, but I'm pretty confident they'll stay in Buffalo. There's other, better candidates to go to LA... Even expansion. I'm not that worried about the Bills going there.

vCash
    The Bills played one game a year in Toronto and Rogers Communication could not even give tickets away. It failed miserably. Toronto only supports Hockey, everything else over there struggles to sell tickets. The Bills game was further proof of that.

Being a big city means nothing to the NFL. A lot of people think just because Toronto is a large city, it is a guarantee they will sell out. The Fact is, LA is bigger than Toronto, and they failed multiple times to support an NFL Team. San Diego and Oakland have been in the bottom 5 for attendance the past 10-years with Jacksonville having better attendance than Oakland the last couple years. The size of the city means nothing when the people who live in the area do not like football.

vCash
    So now they are reporting 8 total bids. The 3 we know, and 5 Mystery ones, including the group Jim Kelly apparently belongs to. Any guesses on who these 5 bids were from.