Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Mincey??

vCash

Mincey??

Anyone else catch any tape from this guy at practice. I don't know much about him but he is steam rolling tackles including Tyron Smith. I had to pull up the roster to see who #92 was cause of no names on the practice Jersey and because he was dominating. Could be false hope but he looks like a player.

vCash
    Damn! If he's steam rollin Tyron, that's a bad man right there. The more I see this team, the more I like this team. Pray for health lol

vCash
    We have a good rotation of players as long as they stay healthy.

vCash
    Do they have him playing the strong side DE or inside at the 1 tech?

vCash
    depends which version we get. the one last year that had 10 tackles in 10 games with DEN and JAX, or if marinelli can get him to revert to 2011 form where he had 7 sacks in his last 10 games including 3 multisack games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Do they have him playing the strong side DE or inside at the 1 tech?
    weak side DE this past week.

vCash
    They are going to seriously need him to step up now!

vCash
    It sucks Lawrence went down, but for some reason I'm still feeling good about this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They are going to seriously need him to step up now!
    Yeah along with Crawford , Selvie and hopefully Spencer. The only good thing that can come out of the Lawrence injury is if a UDFA makes the team that probably wouldn't have and becomes a beast. Losing our best defensive player and highest drafted defensive player before pre season makes my stomach sick. And rookies missing their first training camp usually lengthens the learning curve. Seemed to happen with Dez and a lot of other players on other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah along with Crawford , Selvie and hopefully Spencer. The only good thing that can come out of the Lawrence injury is if a UDFA makes the team that probably wouldn't have and becomes a beast. Losing our best defensive player and highest drafted defensive player before pre season makes my stomach sick. And rookies missing their first training camp usually lengthens the learning curve. Seemed to happen with Dez and a lot of other players on other teams.
    Personally I would like to see them continue with the players they have now. Let them see what they have on the roster. See if Spencer can make it back. Then when the last cuts are made find the best DE on the market. Some team will cut a DE that they didn't really want to. A team will need to keep a 6th DB or a 6th OL or a 6th WR because of injury and will be forced to cut a DE that they really like. That's when the Cowboys can swoop in and sign the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Normally I would agree with your rookie comment but I think missing time will not Lawrence as a pure pass rusher.

vCash
    If the DL rotation can be solid, including Mincey, and put pressure on the QB without assistance from blitz packages, then this defense can move into the 16-24 range (IMO)...but, I will wait to see when they start playing against other teams in the pre-season before giving an opinion on the D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If the DL rotation can be solid, including Mincey, and put pressure on the QB without assistance from blitz packages, then this defense can move into the 16-24 range (IMO)...but, I will wait to see when they start playing against other teams in the pre-season before giving an opinion on the D
    I think they'll be better for the simple fact that they have more depth on the d-line. They're still missing that star pass rusher but they do look solid across the line even without Lawrence in there. I also think they should wait until the last round of cuts and see who the best DL is that gets cut. Some team out there is going to try to sneak a guy onto their practice squad or is going to have to cut a DL because of a need somewhere else on heir team. With that said I agree that they can improve to around the 16-24 range. I'm more concerned about their LB'ers than I am about the d-line.