Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Why No One Wants to Play with Dwight Howard and James Harden

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2144791-ric-bucher-on-why-no-one-wants-to-play-with-dwight-howard-and-james-harden?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral &utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

vCash
    Bleacher Report + Ric Bucher. All you need to know why you should not to click the link, and why this isn't thread-worthy.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    You can just simply delete it then.

vCash
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything like that. It just doesn't make sense. I guess we weren't able to land Bosh, Carmelo or LeBron because of comments Howard and Harden made 2 weeks later.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Bucher is a hack. This is easy, obvious offseason journalism. Howard and Harden might have said some things they shouldn't have after Parsons left, but I certainly don't think that means nobody wants to play in Houston. If that were the case, Ariza wouldn't have been so anxious to sign a contract for less than his market value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Bucher is a hack. This is easy, obvious offseason journalism. Howard and Harden might have said some things they shouldn't have after Parsons left, but I certainly don't think that means nobody wants to play in Houston. If that were the case, Ariza wouldn't have been so anxious to sign a contract for less than his market value.
    I'm about 90% certain (sorry if I'm wrong), that Ariza signed AFTER those comments were made. Secondly, it's a moot point, as I still think Ariza would have signed had those comments came out before. Thirdly, Ariza signing for his current deal (be it overpriced, just right, or underpaid) is not the best counter-argument to make for players (I assume high-end caliber players) being turned off by Houston.

Having said all that. Houston is probably an appealing spot for a 3rd star. I think the "role playing" positions might take a hit, but ultimately I don't think it will prevent anyone major from signing in the future. I personally, would be Donald Sterling's personal masseuse (happy ending included) if he paid me enough money... I don't think I'm the only one.

(Also, I don't really take Bucher seriously... I'm sure the Rocket haters don't like him either but will make an exception for this article =p)

vCash
    Closed. OP requested.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1