Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

San Antonio Raiders?

The San Antonio Express-News reports the Raiders are exploring the possibility of moving to San Antonio.
    According to reporters Josh Baugh and Tom Orsborn, Raiders owner Mark Davis and his "two top lieutenants" recently met with San Antonio officials to discuss a potential move. Davis' visit is believed to have begun on July 18, and lasted 2-3 days. San Antonio has the Alamodome ready to go as a temporary venue, but it wouldn't be a better long-term solution than Oakland's O.co Coliseum. San Antonio is no stranger to being leveraged in stadium talks. It's quite possible Davis is simply trying to ramp up the heat on Oakland.

Source: San Antonio Express-News Jul 29 - 5:15 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Well at least we'd match the Spurs uniforms.
    Last edited by RaiderIke37; 07-29-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    "Don't worry about the horses being blind.......just load the wagon!"
    ~~John Madden

vCash
    Count me out. I stayed a fan on the LA move, then back to Oakland. But I won't root for the San Antonio Raiders. It's cali's team

vCash
    I guess I'm the only person in this thread that would be happy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    I'd love for them to stay here in Oakland, definitely in CA. But there's a part of me that wants to see them in a new stadium real soon. One they don't have to share. I'm gonna love them no matter where they are.
    ~~John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    The San Antonio Express-News reports the Raiders are exploring the possibility of moving to San Antonio.
    According to reporters Josh Baugh and Tom Orsborn, Raiders owner Mark Davis and his "two top lieutenants" recently met with San Antonio officials to discuss a potential move. Davis' visit is believed to have begun on July 18, and lasted 2-3 days. San Antonio has the Alamodome ready to go as a temporary venue, but it wouldn't be a better long-term solution than Oakland's O.co Coliseum. San Antonio is no stranger to being leveraged in stadium talks. It's quite possible Davis is simply trying to ramp up the heat on Oakland.

Source: San Antonio Express-News Jul 29 - 5:15 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Well at least we'd match the Spurs uniforms.
    The last sentence explains it all.

vCash
    ^ Probably so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    The last sentence explains it all.
    I agree, with all the talk about Los Angeles needing an NFL team, the league talking about building a new stadium for a team and all the Raider fans in LA area..........why would ya go to San Antonio?
    ~~John Madden

vCash
    I live in San Antonio and I don't approve of that. They belong in Cali.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I'd leave in a heartbeat

This isn't a Texas football team period

vCash
    Ramp up the heat.

I think this is what he is doing. The NFL needs to contribute more and so does Oakland.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Seems like the same tactics Carolina and Atlanta were using when they were threatening to go to LA if their stadiums upgraded

vCash
    I would drop this team, surrender my eye-patch and burn the tattoo from my arm. I have said before I cheer for the laundry not the city but this is a California team period. I would probably abandon the NFL completely, this would not be a good move for California, Texas or the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Your not the only one, I would be very happy also. I'm from the midwest so I could give a flying frak if the Raiders stay in California or not. I just want a new stadium.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 07-29-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/re...cating-raiders

Report: Davis met with San Antonio reps about relocating Raiders

Raiders owner Mark Davis and two team representatives met with San Antonio officials on July 18 regarding the prospect of moving the Oakland team to Texas, according to a report from the San Antonio Express-News.

The San Antonio reps reportedly included former mayor Henry Cisneros, then-mayor Julián Castro, city manager Sheryl Sculley, San Antonio Economic Development Foundation's Mario Hernandez and San Antonio Chamber of Commerce president Richard Perez and chairman David McGee.

When contacted by Raiders Insider Scott Bair, Davis declined comment on the report.

From the San Antonio Express-News:

If the Raiders moved here, Davis is expected to seek a new stadium within a few years, after the team had proved itself in the Alamo City.

Davis told San Antonio civic and business leaders he isn't seeking a “Jerry Jones-type facility” and prefers “a small, intimate” stadium that he can place “a statue of his father in front of,” a source said.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    The A's are going to be winning a lot of games the next few years and making deep runs in the postseason. I for one am sick of the dirt and want it gone as quicky as possible. If a change of scenery does it.. So be it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast