Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Josh Gordon: Second-hand smoke to be defense

The legal team for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon will argue in a hearing Friday that its client has disputed test results that were caused from second-hand marijuana smoke, according to sources.

Gordon is appealing the NFL's imposition of a year-long suspension for a positive test for marijuana.

Gordon's legal team will argue that the positive tests are so marginal that they show uncertainty as to whether the test results were even truly positive, and even if so, were the result of exposure to second-hand smoke, according to sources familiar with the case.

Gordon's "A" sample tested at 16 nanograms per milliliter, a bare one nanogram per milliliter above the 15 nanogram per milliliter threshold, while Gordon's "B" sample -- which should theoretically be consistent with the "A" sample being that it comes from the exact same specimen -- tested at 13.63 ng/ml, lower than the threshold.

With both samples coming from the same specimen test, the results should be consistent. Gordon's attorney's do not believe their client should be suspended for a year for differing disputed tests results, especially when one was barely higher than the threshold, per sources.

Gordon's attorneys also plan to introduce witnesses that will testify that Gordon's scores indicate he was the victim of breathing in second-hand smoke, per sources. The league has maintained that it does not intend to suspend players for second-hand smoke.

Scientific studies have shown that second-hand smoke exposure can result in the kind of test results similar to those of Gordon. Because of this, Gordon's test results would have been negative for marijuana if considered under other professional sports testing regimes -- including the strict Olympic standard and Major League Baseball -- the federal workplace testing standards and various state testing standards, including California and Nevada, which govern boxing and MMA.

And lastly, Gordon's attorney's also will point out that with their client being subject to over 70 drug tests, there was only one time since his rookie year that a test came back positive for marijuana, and even then, the "A" and "B" samples did not match.

Gordon's arrest in early July in North Carolina also was a DWI charge, which is unrelated to the proceedings surrounding his positive marijuana test. It cannot and will not be factored into any discipline that is doled out to Gordon over this violation.

Gordon is facing the indefinite one-year ban for violating the league's substance-abuse policy for at least the third time. If he loses, he'll have to wait a year to apply for reinstatement. Last season, Gordon was suspended two games and docked four game checks for testing positive for what he said was codeine in his prescribed cough medicine.
    -ESPN

C'mon Man

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Wow. He's special.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash

"well see w-w-w-what had happen was i wasn't smoking.... the smoke was coming into me"

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    What about the drunk driving and all the other bull**** he's pulled this off-season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    What about the drunk driving and all the other bull**** he's pulled this off-season?
    Got drunk off the fumes of his friends sweat

vCash
    If I was facing a year long suspension from a job that I make very good money at and am on my way to an even bigger contract, I'd make sure there was zero chance I could fail a drug test

vCash
    Look man this should be a pretty big alarm of failing to take responsibility for ones actions. I like how he's doing this on one hand and entering a treatment facility at the same time.

It should prove he's not sincere at all.

vCash
    Seems to me like he has a legit case. The secondhand smoke bit sounds like ********, but the fact that the samples are way off could get him off the hook, and rightfully so.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Seems to me like he has a legit case. The secondhand smoke bit sounds like ********, but the fact that the samples are way off could get him off the hook, and rightfully so.
    We call this Ryan Brauning it

vCash
    Let the kids play!!!

vCash
    smh why didn't gordon just go knock out his girlfriend or something, at least the browns would still have him for most of the season

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    We call this Ryan Brauning it

vCash
    That man smoked him self ********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    This.

If you (as in anyone of you) were a coach would you rather have your players drink or smoke? Just kinda curious of everybodys opinion on the subject.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twin4life View Post
    This.

If you (as in anyone of you) were a coach would you rather have your players drink or smoke? Just kinda curious of everybodys opinion on the subject.
    I rather have him do neither.

But if he's gonna be around people like Gordon is claiming, I rather he be around drinkers than smokers.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twin4life View Post
    This.

Neither, but if I had to choose one, drink legally. The players and the NFL didn't come to an agreement to ban anyone for legally drinking.

I may not like the rules the players union and the NFL put together, but if I was coaching NE and Brady called me up and asked if he should have a beer before dinner or a toke.. I'd tell him to have a drink.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast