Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: PM,VM and likes

PM,VM and likes

why is the volume of a user's PMs so limited to about 270 PMs?I know that PSD has more than 200,000 registered users but according to what I observe, the active users are far less than that,based on which, rising it to 500 or more may not paralyze the server.
    I may sound like a girl but the fact is sometimes I dont want delete some PMs since they carry my fond memories here. However, I have to do it regularly otherwise I can't receive any more.
    Admittedly, I can download my PMs and save them in my PC, but it is cumbersome and the feeling of reading the txt or other formats of them is not as satisfying. And, I can use VMs more instead of totally relying on PMs, but again, it is not as convenient and the tapatalk does not support the VM system.
    is it possible to ask the tapatalk team to add the VM system to PSD?some forums I post in have successfully asked for a “like” system so I guess the tapatalk team is not rigid but rather open-minded. So I guess maybe PSD can also try the “like”system and ask for a VM system at the same time.

db75 Guest
    You can store 500.

Delete your sent messages and/or archive the ones that you need via a download.

Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    You can store 500.

Delete your sent messages and/or archive the ones that you need via a download.
    Thanks for answering. I am just confused that the volume is so limited. How big is a document/folder containing 500 messages?I guess it is less than 5M,which is absolutely not a problem for PSD's server.
    If the server is so weak, maybe PSD shall clear the PMs/VMs of long gone perma-banned users(like those who have been perma-banned for 3 years) to free up the space for active users.

is it possible to ask the tapatalk team to add the VM system to PSD?some forums I post in have successfully asked for a “like” system so I guess the tapatalk team is not rigid but rather open-minded. So I guess maybe PSD can also try the “like”system and ask for a VM system at the same time.
    You can join us for best Rasmussen College exam & 400-101 brain dump training solutions. Our SAP contains all those materials you want to pass for real University of California, San Diego exam & Youtube training.

Can any mod answer it?

From someone who has their own community, and even kept the number lower than PSD has for their regular members, here are some reasons:

1.) More messages could mean longer loading times and server lag. More data on the server sometimes isn't a good thing, especially with the volume of posting that occurs here.

2.) The admin controls on vBulletin will allow you do delete someones VMs and PMs, both received and sent. The only thing that could cause an issue is if someone has a PM from a banned user that's important to them. Unless they moved it into a PM and sent it to themselves or download the message to their computer, it would be lost to them.