Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

when are we resigning melky?

why havent we extended this guy and do we have the money 2 do so? he's been fantastic all yr on o and d and if we wait till then end of the season he will probably end up in ny.... he is and should be right there at the top of the priority list. makes me nervous that we've heard no rumours, or talk of an extension. thoughts?

vCash
    His defense hasn't been fantastic because of his lack of range/mobility but it has been fine. I do agree he's been fantastic on offense. He's a very good contact hitter who can hit to all sides of the park.

Jose Reyes and Melky give us a formidable 1-2 punch in the lineup that we need to continue success. Can't let him walk. Let Colby walk, but not Melky.

vCash
    Melky took the Peds to cash in on Free Agency. There is no reason for him not to go and test the market again, clean this time I hope!

I also expect he'd get many offers to play on grass!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Melky took the Peds to cash in on Free Agency. There is no reason for him not to go and test the market again, clean this time I hope!

I also expect he'd get many offers to play on grass!
    I thought he was trying to get off drugs?
    8-P
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    The OF market this winter is brutal, he's going to test free agency and he's going to get paid. Hell, don't be shocked if Rasmus gets a nice deal too. Here's the list-

Left Fielders

Melky Cabrera (30)
    Chris Denorfia (34)
    Jonny Gomes (34)
    Tony Gwynn Jr. (32)
    Scott Hairston (35)
    Reed Johnson (38)
    Ryan Ludwick (36) $9MM mutual option with a $4.5MM buyout
    Darnell McDonald (35)
    Mike Morse (33)
    Alfonso Soriano (39)
    Vernon Wells (36)
    Josh Willingham (36)
    Delmon Young (29)

Center Fielders

Emilio Bonifacio (30)
    Franklin Gutierrez (32)
    Colby Rasmus (28)
    Grady Sizemore (32)
    Denard Span (31) $9MM club option with a $500K buyout
    Chris Young (31)

Right Fielders

Norichika Aoki (33)
    Tyler Colvin (29)
    Nelson Cruz (34)
    Michael Cuddyer (36)
    Chris Denorfia (34)
    Jeff Francoeur (31)
    Scott Hairston (35)
    Torii Hunter (39)
    Nick Markakis (31) $17.5MM mutual option with a $2MM buyout
    Alex Rios (34) $13.5MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Nate Schierholtz (31)
    Ichiro Suzuki (41)
    Outside of Cruz, Melky is the best OF option for teams looking to spend. He's gonna make a lot of money this off-season and will probably make more than Cruz given his age.

vCash
    The jays do have a nice culture for Melky here. Every time the camera goes to the bench those Dominican guys are always close together speaking there own language. I can really see him listening to a jays offer instead of going to FA right away.

vCash
    He'll get a minimum a nice $12 mil a year type deal if he went to FA for like 4-6 years.

vCash
    Probably get closer to 14/15 given that's above the qualifying offer.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toronto416 View Post
    The jays do have a nice culture for Melky here. Every time the camera goes to the bench those Dominican guys are always close together speaking there own language. I can really see him listening to a jays offer instead of going to FA right away.
    What culture??? Speaking their own language???? He's not going to give a cut rate so he can sing Kumbaya with the other DOM.s on the team. It's money , term and likely wants a contender. And given the competition, as Halladay, said he's going to sign and get a lot of MONEY, and it won't matter what language their speaking!

vCash
    Are you kidding me you don't think having friends on a team makes a difference. I'm not saying it's a lock but I can see him doing the Kyle Lowry treatment to toronto and listen to the jays offer before leaving town like most other players. Look at players like cliff lee. Players leave millions on the table all the time you just don't always hear about it. I say that Melky odds to resign with Toronto is higher than any other at the moment

vCash
    Are you kidding me you don't think having friends on a team makes a difference. I'm not saying it's a lock but I can see him doing the Kyle Lowry treatment to toronto and listen to the jays offer before leaving town like most other players. Look at players like cliff lee. Players leave millions on the table all the time you just don't always hear about it. I say that Melky odds to resign with Toronto is higher than any other at the moment
    Of course he's going to listen what the Jays have to offer, he's not an idiot, but if you think he's going to sign here for less because he may have some friends, then he's not the idiot! And as far as players (LOL) leaving millions on the table ALL THE TIME, but we just don't hear about it...thennnn..... How do you know they do, since we don't know and you do, who told you?

vCash
    I can see NYY making a hard push for him the off-season.

vCash
    Having friends on the team does matter, money just matters more. You don't think Pujols had buddies in St.Louis? Cano in New York? These guys were on two of the more consistent playoff teams in the entire league. It's almost a shock when players leave money on the table because 9 times out of 10, players don't do that unless it's simply to win a championship at the end of their careers AFTER they've made their money. This is Melky's last crack at a huge contract, he already lost out once with the PED scandal, no way he takes another team-friendly deal to stay.

vCash
    I don't think we are going to resign him, so never.

vCash
    He has been terrific this year. All-star caliber.

You can't easily replace Melky, so hopefully AA will resign him before FA starts. Look at his numbers and tell me how we'd replace that type of production out of the two-hole.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast