Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the 2010-14 Heat based on Entertainment Value?

So they got to 4 finals and 2 straight titles. They had the best player in the league who won 2 League MVPs and 2 Finals MVPs. They had a big 3, they had the best 3 pt shooters, some clutch moments in the playoffs and finals.

But ask yourselves, were these Miami Heat truly that entertaining? Did they really play an exciting brand of basketball?

One can argue that yes, seeing Wade and Bron on the fast break was beautiful to watch, especially their first 2 yrs together.

But will fans down the line say 15 to 20 yrs say "Oh wow, those Miami Heat!!!!, Just awe inspiring, out of this world!", or will they just say "Oh well, they had the best player in the world in LeBron James, they had a big 3 with Wade and Bosh" and then just leave it as is?

Were these Miami Heat exciting to watch to the point where their legacy and the great moments in detail live in the minds of fans?

How would you rate their entertainment and "unforgettable" stature on a scale from 1-10?

vCash
    Their plays were awful to watch. To me they were not entertaining at all. Spurs were a joy to watch while they played. Golden State was good, Portland too.

vCash

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the 2010-14 Heat based on Entertainment Value?

I would say the middle two years were the most fun to watch. The first year they were still trying to get used to each other and this past year they didn't get out and run at all. They were great on the fastbreak

vCash
    Their first season, it was pretty much iso taking turns with the ball. Second was interesting seeing lebron and bosh finally win one. Third and fourth were an after thought with wade injured every other game. Overall, i think the only people that really watched them play were the ones that wanted to see them fail, and the few lebron fans. So if you considered them villains, they did their jobs and brought that entertainment. Similar to the Detroit bad boys, except they weren't really that bad lol.

vCash
    8 for me.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Season 2 and 3 were both very entertaining, there was a little less iso and a little more of a team effort defensively.

Overall, I'll give them a 9.

There was a little too much iso for my taste and a lot of focus on individuals (for obvious reasons).
    Last edited by Goose17; 07-27-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    there'll be less alley oops, but we'll see bosh return to 20/8 form.

vCash
    You forgot about their 27(?) game win streak.

vCash

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Around 6-7. Thought they'd be more fun to watch but wades injuries derailed it

vCash
    If we're grading on a curve based on how the Heat's entertainment value stacked up with all the other teams in the league, I don't know how you can argue they aren't a 9 or 10. Lebron James by himself is worth an 8. Then you have to throw in how good their team defense was at times in years 2 and 3, how much fun he and Wade were to watch when Wade was still an elite level athlete those first two years and how effective they were at getting wide open 3-pointers to some of the all-time great 3-point shooters.

Over the last decade, I don't know that there was a team that did a better job of getting wide open threes from the corners and straightaway center. And I'm not sure there was a team that played better perimeter defense or did a better job of getting out in transition. They were a well-oiled machine at their peak and whey they played their A+ game, nobody in the league could touch them.

vCash
    5. I only enjoyed watching them in series where they had actual competition. So basically 3 series in 4 years. It was actually sad to watch them beat up on the weakest conference in nba history.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If we're grading on a curve based on how the Heat's entertainment value stacked up with all the other teams in the league, I don't know how you can argue they aren't a 9 or 10. Lebron James by himself is worth an 8. Then you have to throw in how good their team defense was at times in years 2 and 3, how much fun he and Wade were to watch when Wade was still an elite level athlete those first two years and how effective they were at getting wide open 3-pointers to some of the all-time great 3-point shooters.

Over the last decade, I don't know that there was a team that did a better job of getting wide open threes from the corners and straightaway center. And I'm not sure there was a team that played better perimeter defense or did a better job of getting out in transition. They were a well-oiled machine at their peak and whey they played their A+ game, nobody in the league could touch them.
    Nobody In the east could touch them*
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Nobody In the east could touch them*
    That was pretty amazing.. Someone said the East was weak, and especially at the end it was, but even that first year they had some great series.

They beat a Boston team that was much better looking than the year before when they went to 7 games in the finals (more wins, all their players playing at a higher level than the year before). They didn't go as far and history will say that was the start of their decline, but right up until tip-off against the Heat, that just wasn't true.

They beat a 62 win Chicago team that was just dominating the west that year (best record vs. the Western conference of all 30 teams in NBA).

They beat the Pacers 3 years straight. Over those three years the Pacers had the 5th best record in the entire NBA against the West.

It wasn't like the East was devoid of talent top to bottom for the past 4 years. With the heat running through them 4 straight times though it may appear so, but that looks to be more about the Heat's ability to beat very good teams.

vCash
    As a Heat fan, those four years are probably the best I'll ever see (at least consecutively), and it was a total joyride. Finding out that the best player in the world was gonna join my team on live national TV was awesome, the 27 game win streak was incredible, the 2013 finals will go down as one of the best ever, Ray Allen's career defining moment will probably be his shot in game 6. And of course there were the nightly highlight reels from LeBron, and co. I still can't believe I was able to witness all that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast