Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jim Irsay passes out cash to fans at camp

Perhaps feeling the need to bolster his explanation for always carrying a bunch of cash (which puts him at constant risk of someone trying to rob him), Colts owner Jim Irsay opted to hand out a bunch of greenbacks on Saturday at Colts camp.

Via Andrew Siciliano of NFL Network, Irsay was giving $100 bills to fans who had come to watch practice.

Last month, Irsay produced a briefcase of $100 bills while being interviewed by Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star. Irsay hoped to prove that there was nothing unusual about having $29,000 in cash with him when police arrested him in March for operating a vehicle under the influence

“You’re talking about someone who is extremely generous, and I say that humbly,” Irsay explained. “That’s the way I try to live my life and it has nothing to do with the law. What’s been reported out there, there’s been a sensationalizing about things that have nothing to do with the law. It shouldn’t be an issue.”

It continues to be an issue when it comes to Irsay’s personal safety and security, and it’s likewise something that the league office may not regard as being appropriate behavior for an owner. With Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly considering a suspension for Irsay due to his arrest, it makes a lot more sense to keep a very low profile.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-cash-at-camp/
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Might want to get those tested for powder residue

There you go thumper

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    They should do this for ****** teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They should do this for ****** teams.
    This is actually how the Jags are "on pace to lead the league in season ticket sales."

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    This is actually how the Jags are "on pace to lead the league in season ticket sales."
    Makes sense.

vCash
    Irsay is an awesome owner. He has his issues, but he truly cares about winning and he's great with fan interaction.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Thats how they got sammy potkins over to clemson. As for the jags people paying people to attend that is complete uterly bull crap.

Now to bring this on topic isray is 1 screw loose from being insane. Hes only doing it to make it seem like he normally carries a bunch of cash so he can get a lighter sentence possibley. Roger needs to dish out the punishment for him. I think a 2 year suspension from all team functions and events. I think a sterling punishment is 2 far.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Thats how they got sammy potkins over to clemson. As for the jags people paying people to attend that is complete uterly bull crap.

Now to bring this on topic isray is 1 screw loose from being insane. Hes only doing it to make it seem like he normally carries a bunch of cash so he can get a lighter sentence possibley. Roger needs to dish out the punishment for him. I think a 2 year suspension from all team functions and events. I think a sterling punishment is 2 far.
    This isn't the first time he just hands cash over to fans. This isn't an isolated event.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    This isn't the first time he just hands cash over to fans. This isn't an isolated event.
    So hes so pathetic, he pays people to watch the colts?

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    He's old, rich, and crazy.

He's not handing out cash for his own legal benefit.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Irsay is an awesome owner. He has his issues, but he truly cares about winning and he's great with fan interaction.
    Donald Sterling would have great fan interaction at a Harlem pickup basketball game if he was handing out $100 bills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Donald Sterling would have great fan interaction at a Harlem pickup basketball game if he was handing out $100 bills.
    I bet it would be even better in da hoods znd ghettos

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    He doesn't need to pay people to watch the Colts. The Colts are a good *** team and don't need his help. Hell, i'd pay to go watch Luck any day. The day he comes to play the Cardinals i'll go buy a ticked and i am not a fan of either team. Although i do like the Colts.

There you go thumper

vCash
    The real question is whether he does this on his own free will or is he loaded up on prescription drugs? I know plenty of poor people that give away their money when they get drunk or wasted too.

15. 07-27-2014, 12:47 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

vCash
    Nice gesture but at the same time kind of odd lol.

Just about that action boss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast