Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers interested in Earl Clark

at least Earl maybe interested in Lakers...

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ea...rucial-summer/

ďThis is going to be my sixth year in the NBA, and I feel like Iíve been through a lot,Ē Clark told Basketball Insiders. ďI feel like Iíve shown people over and over [what I can do]. I had to prove myself. Iíve been coached by many different coaches and survived. I went to different teams and didnít burn any bridges; itís hard to do that in this league. Now, Iím definitely looking for minutes Ė an opportunity to get out there and play my game. Ö Over and over, Iíve survived and once they put me out there, I do my job. Thatís all I can say; thatís all I can live for. Whichever teams calls my name and gives me that opportunity, Iím going to be ready to play.Ē
    Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ea...ilv3JUqGvFM.99

Remember, just two seasons ago Clark played very well for the Lakers, initially thriving as a reserve and then replacing Pau Gasol in Mike DíAntoniís starting lineup for 36 games (in which he averaged 9 points, 6.8 rebounds and nearly a block and a steal).

ďWhen I was with the Lakers, I got the opportunity to get out there and play some big minutes Ė I didnít have to look at the bench every possession to see if I was coming out,Ē Clark said. ďIt was the first time where I felt good, where I was comfortable playing basketball again. Thatís something that Iím looking for

ďIíve been hearing from a few teams, but itís not anything that Iím jumping at right now,Ē Clark said. ďItís been different, man. Iíve been a free agent a few times and this summer seems like itís going in slow motion. Iím just giving it time and going through the process. I just want the right situation and the opportunity to play. Thatís all I want Ė the opportunity to get out there, play, help the team and prove myself again.Ē

ďIíve been training down here at a local gym where I live; itís been basically what I do every summer,Ē Clark said. ďIím continuing to shoot and work on my game. The thing that I did more this summer is that I tried to get a lot stronger. I usually donít lift as much in the summertime, but I tried to dedicate time to working on my body. Thatís really something that Iím into. Other than that, Iím just getting up a lot of shots, trying to improve my three-point percentage every year like I always do.Ē

ďI feel like I play both sides of the ball, I can definitely guard anybody out there on the floor, I can rebound with the best of them and I can play multiple positions,Ē Clark said when asked why a team should sign him. ďIím a stretch-four or a three, wherever you want to play me. I run the floor. Iíve been here six years, I feel like I showed a lot of what I can do when the opportunity and the minutes are given. Iím just looking for somebody to give me that and to believe in me

vet min for our new SF?

since this is 6th year can we even afford him even with min offer?

think what we have left in room exception is less than the minimum for a 6th year vet could be wrong.

in before close

vCash
    We need a sf not a pf. Boozer,Randle and Kelly is enough.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Title is misleading

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    no! no! no!.. after what he did.. if we bring him back and had another good year.. he might leave again..

correct me if I'm wrong i didn't read anything saying he's interested in coming back..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    We need a sf not a pf. Boozer,Randle and Kelly is enough.
    he said he could play stretch 4 or SF. we need a starting SF.

just thought could be a cheap defensive minded player that has athletic ability and can make open jumpers.

I think we should grab him and then take cdr or maybe Shannon brown for vet min to add more depth to SG backup position.

who else is left that can start SF and play defense and shoot and is young (under 30) and can shoot?

you really wanta see wes Johnson start all season long at SF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post

just thought could be a cheap defensive minded player that has athletic ability and can make open jumpers.

I think we should grab him and then take cdr or maybe Shannon brown for vet min to add more depth to SG backup position.

who else is left that can start SF and play defense and shoot and is young (under 30) and can shoot?

I honestly don't think there is any difference between Clark and Johnson at this point

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Your right title is misleading I was bored and sneaky.

But if you read between the lines I do think earl wants to be in a situation where he can showcase his talents and what better place to do that than LA? He also said he didn't burn his bridges meaning he could return to teams he has already played for ie lakers. He talks about how much fun he had getting playing time for lakers. Well if he's the starting SF he will get playing time. He can showcase his talents. He can defend, can shoot outside.

If he plays well and we're not going anywhere might be a trade chip for next year's draft. Problem we have is when players have high stock ie when pau and Bynum was high we hold onto them too long instead of trading them while the price is high.

we got nothing for d12/pau just to name a few. where as if we traded Bynum when he was all star for iggudolla or other solid defensive wing players and an upgraded pg could of filled more holes. for pau making 20 mil last year and kobe hurt he should of been a man a leader scored 20 pts 10 rebounds EVERY game instead all he put on was his panties and left his big boy pants at home. even j.hill at 9 mill is better than pau at 20 mil. at least hill will try hard, sacrifice his body, rebound strong, give effort and hustle, instead of whinning, complaining, crying to refs about missed calls like pau did instead of shutting up and running back on defense. instead of posting up he passed the ball with him and bench players on the court or shot a brick jumper. Not to mention he played no defense and opponents scroed 20 pts plus against him. blake griffen no jump shot no free throw just torched pau last year. and don't get me started on Anthony davis. pau got blocked many times that game by davis. going to be funny this year watching how mad the bulls fans get after pau for lack of defense, soft as tissues, lack of effort, complaining about the coach, the refs playing time how he's not being utilized property lol.

vCash
    wes Johnson had some good games last year but I wasn't too impressed. was just hoping there was someone else coming. if wes can defend, run the floor, rebound, hit open shots that's what we need.

we're ranked next to last in west rankings. our ceiling with this current roster is 7th seed or 8th. And with one injury that lasts a week could fall to 12 or lower fast. if we are able to finish high enough to get past playing okc or spurs in first round we have a chance. maybe a dallas or Houston upset someone and gives us a chance in 2nd round.

vCash
    I'd love to have err grant back in P&G but given he's a 3-4 sorta ruins his chances in LA IMO. Id rather see a swing man 2-3 who can start at SF.

Still should try to convince Marion.

vCash
    It says clark is interested in the lakers not the reverse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post

No,but Clark isn't the answer. He hasn't the ability to play at sf. And against quicker sf he'll be burned everytime. I'd rather take a real sf. I agree there's no much left on the market,but I'd rather give a deal to Beasley,Garcia or CDR.Marion is not on my list just because I think he wants to play for a contender.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    2 years ago clark was the flavor of the moment in the Lakers forum ... just like davis wes clarkson etc.. are now...

These type of players are life long vet min types that get hyped by their current fan bases. They are fundamentally as replaceable as a battery in your tv remote...

remember this when you start hyping those above guys during the season.

vCash
    How come Ear " he is much better tha pau gasol" Clark, the next lakers saviour hasnt been already been signed by someone to a 15 milllion dollars a year deal is beyond my understanding

vCash
    He's nothing without dantoni
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th:28845732
    It says clark is interested in the lakers not the reverse
    I think he's interested in an NBA job period. The guy has only played like a month and a half of good basketball in five years in the league. No thank you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast