Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Fangraphs: A history of Lawn Darts

I found this article about botched throws, it was inspired by Ryan Rayburn giving Moustakas an inside the park home run.

vCash
    An excerpt and my personal favorite:
    The hit was a single by Brett Lawrie. It moved Edwin Encarnacion to second, where he stopped without an aggressive turn. So, ordinarily, this play would’ve ended with one out and runners on first and second. But as Sweeney played fetch with himself, Encarnacion scored, and Lawrie moved up 90 feet. Ryan Sweeney gave the Blue Jays three bases out of the goodness of his heart.
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-26-2014 at 05:04 AM.

vCash
    Here's the link in case anyone would like to read the article and watch the gifs.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-rec...the-lawn-dart/

Jeff Sullivan is probably my favorite baseball writing going.
    His monthly look at the swings at pitches most out of the strike zone is typically hilarious. He combines advanced stats with his love for the game as well as any writer I'm aware of.
    Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

vCash
    I don't know how I forgot to post the link....sad ciaban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Here's the link in case anyone would like to read the article and watch the gifs.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-rec...the-lawn-dart/

Jeff Sullivan is probably my favorite baseball writing going.
    His monthly look at the swings at pitches most out of the strike zone is typically hilarious. He combines advanced stats with his love for the game as well as any writer I'm aware of.
    Man that is funny.

I think he also did the worst calls of the year (which Matt Carpenter struck out on a pitch he had to get out of the way that was classified as the 'worst' of the year - only reason I remember it).