Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pierzynski expected to join #Cardinals on Saturday, working on deal

Pierzynski expected to join #Cardinals on Saturday, working on deal and travel from Cooperstown, multiple sources say bit.ly/1tLCrIY

This isn't surprising to me. But in a way it is. Doesn't fit our clubhouse but that may be a good thing. Could be a good spark. Could just be a desperate signing in a season with too many hurdles to over come

Time will tell. I'm intrigued.

vCash
    He's signed. He's already in Chicago and will join the team at Wrigley tomorrow. Decent signing considering what's on the market and how our current catchers have been playing.

vCash
    He's the best available catcher. He's shown legit power a year ago. Have to figure there's some still in there. If it shows or not who knows but if he can add a .400 slugging that would be very helpful

vCash
    I'll take it I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'll take it I guess
    Gotta hope it works because there won't be any time to get a new one unless it's off the waiver wire after the 31st

That could be bad lol

vCash
    I'm excited to see the reception he gets at wrigley haha

vCash
    I'll take it I guess
    Agreed.

Sadly, apart from finding a reinvigorating starter, I think the only thing we can do to improve is just get back to last year's form. Wong is streaky, which is better than 2013. Carpenter is a shadow. Craig hasn't shown up yet. So if we trade for an infielder, then what?!? And Craig is kind of our X-factor right now.

*EDIT* This is post #1234! I just made a wish... Probably won't come true, though...
    Hey groundhog, Jeff Passan thinks the Cardinals can't win anything. What do you think about that?

Challenge accepted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehmiu View Post
    Agreed.

Sadly, apart from finding a reinvigorating starter, I think the only thing we can do to improve is just get back to last year's form. Wong is streaky, which is better than 2013. Carpenter is a shadow. Craig hasn't shown up yet. So if we trade for an infielder, then what?!? And Craig is kind of our X-factor right now.

*EDIT* This is post #1234! I just made a wish... Probably won't come true, though...
    It's a move.... Maybe something like this to shake the team up will be good

vCash
    It's a move.... Maybe something like this to shake the team up will be good

At this point I dont see anything shaking this team up.. This team is an under achiever of the first order.. Lots of reason's and range from players to FO to MM.. All share blame for this disaster of a season. Not often are managers put on the hot seat or fired one a season after making it to World Series. But I cant help, but feel MM has done his career no favors with his two faced approach to handling playing time this season. Heck if Im a young player on that team watching veteran players fail game after game and keep getting PT yet when they get a chance to play the leash is so short and reactive, I would have a hard team buying into the team concept under MM..

MM has truly turned lineup construction into a daily WTF moment for Cards fans..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    At this point I dont see anything shaking this team up.. This team is an under achiever of the first order.. Lots of reason's and range from players to FO to MM.. All share blame for this disaster of a season. Not often are managers put on the hot seat or fired one a season after making it to World Series. But I cant help, but feel MM has done his career no favors with his two faced approach to handling playing time this season. Heck if Im a young player on that team watching veteran players fail game after game and keep getting PT yet when they get a chance to play the leash is so short and reactive, I would have a hard team buying into the team concept under MM..

MM has truly turned lineup construction into a daily WTF moment for Cards fans
    No argument here

vCash
    Definitely can only help us. Besides it's only costing us the league minimum and the BoSox pick up the rest. I think he may very well help us out if he's put in the right spot in the line up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post

MM has truly turned lineup construction into a daily WTF moment for Cards fans..
    Both parts are very true but the important thing is while we are underachieving we are keeping in the race.

Look, the rays feel what was it? 14 games under .500? They were terrible and are now within easy striking distance of the playoffs

That said they have a genius, not a moron for a manager

vCash
    No argument here
    I'm just curious, how is it you have not yet evolved to PSD's Machamp? Do you need someone to trade with you?
    Hey groundhog, Jeff Passan thinks the Cardinals can't win anything. What do you think about that?

Challenge accepted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehmiu View Post
    I'm just curious, how is it you have not yet evolved to PSD's Machamp? Do you need someone to trade with you?
    Maybe he can find PSD's Haunter and they can do the classic trade-evolve-trade back

vCash
    Just waiting till that day I find PSDs haunter or graveler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast