Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sig Bet: I will delete my account if Lakers make the playoffs

this forum seems to be divided into two camps:

- the "debbie downers", "negative nancies", or so they are labeled by the other side

- the "delusionals", always with a false and misguided sense of optimism

my friend, who doesn't have an account here but reads the posts all the time, have criticised me, and others, for always being negative about everything, for being hopeless, for not being a true fan

so in response, i have agreed to the following bet with him: i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year
    FREE CROONER

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Please, oh please make the playoffs!!!!!

vCash
    Your friend must be on the ganja

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    What does he have to do when he loses this bet?

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch Time View Post

- the "debbie downers", "negative nancies", or so they are labeled by the other side

my friend, who doesn't have an account here but reads the posts all the time, have criticised me, and others, for always being negative about everything, for being hopeless, for not being a true fan

so in response, i have agreed to the following bet with him: i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year
    Syattit

Em kcus

vCash

hahaha dude you've had like six dupe accounts banned already , I'm surprised this one has lasted for so long L4s

Hey what happened to trolling the NBA forum lol

vCash
    You'll just create a new one.

vCash
    Well first, who are you? Does it even matter? Llullz

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Yep you'll create another one, no big deal

vCash
    If you lose you should have to send a suck me PM to one of the top mods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    If you lose you should have to send a suck me PM to one of the top mods.
    SFRush90?

vCash
    If you lose, you have to show us your Shaq jersey.

vCash

Wow...this is going to be fun to monitor. All i gotta say is, the lakers better run back on defense this year because if they don't....Coach scott is lay into em. That alone should add 10-15 wins whichs brings the total to 37-42 wins. Probably not enough to make the playoffs but this season just got even more interesting.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Underpinning psychologyEdit

Fan loyalty, particularly with respect to team sports, is different from brand loyalty, in as much as if a consumer bought a product that was of lower quality than expected, he or she will usually abandon allegiance to the brand. However, fan loyalty continues even if the team that the fan supports continues to perform poorly year after year. Author Mark Conrad uses the Chicago Cubs as an example of a team with a loyal fan following, where fans spends their money in support of a poorly performing team that (as of 2010) had not won a pennant since 1945 or a World Series since 1908.[1]

Several psychologists have studied fan loyalty, and what causes a person to be a loyal fan, that sticks with a team through adversity, rather than a fairweather fan, that switches support to whatever teams happen to be successful at the time. These include Dan Wann, a psychologist at Murray State University, psychologist Robert Passikoff.[1][2]

They attribute it to the following factors:[1][2]
    entertainment value
    The entertainment value that a fan derives from spectating motivates him/her to remain a loyal fan. Entertainment value of team sports is also valuable to communities in general.
    authenticity
    This is described by Passikoff as "the acceptance of the game as real and meaningful".
    fan bonding
    Fan bonding is where a fan bonds with the players, identifying with them as individuals, and bonds with the team.
    team history and tradition
    Shank gives the Cincinnati Reds, all-professional baseball's oldest team, as an example of a team where a long team history and tradition is a motivator for fans in the Cincinnati area.
    group affiliation
    Fans receive personal validation of their support for a team from being surrounded by a group of fans who also support the same team.
    fair-weather fans
    Fans who only follow their team when they are winning.
    die-hard fans
    Fans who follow their team no matter they are winning or losing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast