Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bucs, Carl Nicks Mutually Part Ways

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Carl Nicks have mutually agreed that they will part ways, ending his tenure with the team. After signing as an unrestricted free agent during the 2012 offseason, Nicks played in nine games for the Buccaneers over the past two seasons.

“I’d like to thank the Buccaneers organization for working with me as I have attempted to get myself back on the football field,” said Nicks. “However, after careful consideration, I have made the decision to step away from the game. This was by no means an easy decision, but I believe that it is what is best for me and my family as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.”

The two-time Pro Bowler played in 73 games (70 starts) during a six-year career with the New Orleans Saints (2008-11) and Buccaneers (2012-13).

“I know this has been a difficult time for Carl and his family, but we respect his decision and thank him for his effort in trying to get back on the football field,” said Buccaneers General Manager Jason Licht. “Carl is a very prideful athlete and has been an elite level guard in the league. We are all disappointed that he will not be a part of this new chapter of Buccaneers football.”

Buccaneers Head Coach Lovie Smith added: “I regret not having the opportunity to work with Carl, but I understand and support his decision to do what is best for him and his family. I know Carl gave this decision a lot of careful consideration and I appreciate his honesty through this process.”
    source: Buccaneers.com
    Last edited by bucc4life; 07-25-2014 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Wow!

vCash
    What could have been...

Farewell, Carl.

vCash
    Sucks that he couldn't get past it. Hopefully our BUCS don't get hit with that big cap hit. Maybe that settlement they agreed on lessens the blow.

Gotta call up the Eagles/Niners for Evan Mathis or Alex Boone ASAP

Meredith and Cousins are not the answer at both guard spots and we'll see if our rookie Kadeem Edwards has what it takes to be a starter on this OL

vCash
    We have to pay out 4 mil.

I didnt see him at camp today and now I know why.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post
    Sucks that he couldn't get past it. Hopefully our BUCS don't get hit with that big cap hit. Maybe that settlement they agreed on lessens the blow.

Gotta call up the Eagles/Niners for Evan Mathis or Alex Boone ASAP

Meredith and Cousins are not the answer at both guard spots and we'll see if our rookie Kadeem Edwards has what it takes to be a starter on this OL
    Boone would be nice. The 9ers are usually stacked anyway.

And yes, what could have been...

vCash
    I think the Bucs will wait till after the first two pre season games to possibly make a move. From what I've seen in practice I haven't noticed there being any huge holes in the line on the right side. Although it is hard to tell sometimes.

I'm not worried about the LG spot at all. Meredith is a really underrated player. I'm hoping if he has a good season we can extend his contract.

vCash
    49er RB's have been going down in training camp, with Alex Boone holding out because he wants to get a decent contract and us having a stable of backs, let's make a deal

Preferably Bobby Rainey.

I love me some Jamon Meredith especially with the attitude he's carrying into camp but I'm not so confident in his abilities as a full time starter. They're moving him from guard to tackle in training camp and I like that role for him. Hopefully we do make a move for another interior lineman. I have big expectations for our rookie offensive lineman Kadeem Edwards.. We'll see if we can plug him in as a starter on our OL after we all see him in preseason games.

vCash
    Thats not a bad idea. I know as we eek towards pre season I think Lovie will have to make a decision on whats plan C.