Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Michael Jordan 86-90 vs 95-98

OK, Jordan went through 3 different stages.

the first being the ascention into legendary status from 86-90

the second being his prime in which IMO we can all agree were his GOD like years making him the GOAT

the third being the end of MJ from 95-98 which was still incredible

My question is between his incredible 86-90 run VS the end MJ that was more post up mid range with more iq, smarter defense ..but much less athleticism. who do you take and why?

NOTE: for stat people**

The second question is for people who base all their opinions on a player on stats. This topic alone should be enough evidence that numbers aren't all its about in sports when judging talent.. maybe in math class or school. but not in sports. jordans stats from 86-90 were leaps and bounds better than his others. But his best years were from 90-93 (coincidentally his rings came those years too)

Stern is the new Mcmahon

vCash
    The only impression I got from this thread is that you dont understand stats and asked a question with your mind already made up on the answer, all to spread a cliche that you still havent proven. .. coincidentally? LMFAO

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    well my mind is already made up. i just wanted everyone else's opinion. i must say, u are one big internet tough guy btw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MTar786:28842948
    well my mind is already made up. i just wanted everyone else's opinion. i must say, u are one big internet tough guy btw
    Says someone who got offended by a post on the internet. Not even directly to you, he insulted a screen name. Technically you are the loser in this scenario

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The only impression I got from this thread is that you dont understand stats and asked a question with your mind already made up on the answer, all to spread a cliche that you still havent proven. .. coincidentally? LMFAO

^^ this.

MJ's best years were 1988-1992.

The numbers pretty much all agree. Which is why I get bored with all the LeBron bashing. They both went through the same struggle, being drafted to poor teams, spending their est ears carrying their team deep into the playoffs only to get beaten by better teams. Eventually, Jordan's team made the right moves and got better. LeBron's didn't and he took matters Ito his own hands.

vCash
    I always liked older MJ. 96 mj...more mind games, skill, IQ... 72 10....

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    OP is desperately trying to bring people on board to ignore Kobe's lack of statistical dominance and his insufficiency among his all-time great peers. Nice try.
    Last edited by naps; 07-25-2014 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    MJ had like 10 triple doubles in 11 games in 1989.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/1074...s-in-11-games/

vCash
    Why do I feel his intent is to insult LeBron by mirroring it towards Jordan?

vCash
    89 was his best season by far statistically.. disgusting numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MTar786 View Post
    Im sorry. How exactly was I suppose to respond to your incorrect assumptions?

I really am asking because I want to change my persona. Im not trying to bully you, Im trying to highlight how blasphemous you sound to those of us who prefer objective analysis.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    The early Jordan for me.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.