Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Carmelo Anthony "I don't care for the money I want to win and NY is almost there"

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11263468

LAS VEGAS --*Carmelo Anthony*said it was not the money, but instead his confidence in Phil Jackson and his belief that the Knicks "aren't that far away from contending for an NBA title" why he opted to remain in New York instead of signing with the*Chicago Bulls.

"I want to win. I don't care about the money," Anthony told ESPN.com. "I believe Phil will do what he has to do to take care of that."

"I don't think we're that far away," he added. "People use 'rebuilding' too loosely."

Jim McIsaac/Getty ImagesThe Knicks' assurances that the team will win has Carmelo Anthony feeling good about his decision to return to New York.

In what were believed to be Anthony's first public comments since agreeing to a 5-year deal worth $124 million earlier this month, he told ESPN.com that the decision was so agonizing in the final days that he could not watch TV or go onto the Internet.

"It was overwhelming," Anthony said. "It was stressful in the final days, one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make."

Anthony said, though, it ultimately came down to New York and Chicago.

"I was flip-flopping," he admitted. "It was hard. It was Chicago, but then after I met with LA, it was LA. But it came back to Chicago -- and was pretty much always Chicago or New York. That's a situation where I could have walked in now to an opportunity to compete for the next however many years."

But the 30-year-old Anthony said he is invigorated to work with a new team president in Phil Jackson and a new coach in Derek Fisher.

"It's a matter of me believing in the organization, believing in Phil," Anthony said. "I wanted to go somewhere where I can end my career
    Last edited by MetroMan; 07-25-2014 at 12:59 PM.

vCash

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    He's delusional
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash

Carmelo Anthony "I don't care for the money I want to win and NY is almost th...

Ya O.K. Melo

vCash
    Is he intentionally trying to be Pinocchio so his wife can get pleasure when she sits on his face?

vCash
    This guy just wasted all of his prime years that he has left.

vCash
    If you take his words literally, he didn't say win championships, just simply win. Knicks were almost there as in 5 games under .500.

vCash
    If he truly wanted to win.. should've considered going to Bulls. But he's not wrong in what he said. NYK will have a lot to play with next season. Definitely was for the money... lol

vCash
    why didn't he sign with the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    Is he intentionally trying to be Pinocchio so his wife can get pleasure when she sits on his face?
    lmaoo

vCash
    So they might have a chance when he is 32? He is going down as one of the biggest losers of his era. Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, and Kobe (All guys I consider in Meloís era) have all won. KD is still up and coming with a better chance and has been to the Finals. Lebron isnít done yet and is being very smart about his choices. Im a Laker fan, but Melo could have went to Houston and had a chance at a ring this year.

vCash
    If he didn't care about the money, he would have taken a ton less so his team could get help.

I mean, I have zero issue with a guy taking as much as he can get, but then don't turn around and say this crap...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    there is nothing bad about taking the money over championships, its just when you are taking huge money, you are not helping the team to win, melo should just shut up, get money and play
    Last edited by Minimal; 07-25-2014 at 01:20 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Blah Blah Blah, Keep hating on the Knicks, its what you leeches on PSD do best.

They finally have an offensive system, young talent, and ample cap space. Please tell me how they are going in the wrong direction. Add someone like Marc Gasol and bring in a few defensive stoppers and you have a team that can compete for the East.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast