Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Frank Thomas Hall Of Fame Thread

Frank Thomas goes into the Hall of Fame this weekend on Sunday. Not sure how old some of you are but I am 34 and got to see the majority of his career.

What's your best memory of Frank's career? Or share any stories you may have.

Congrats Frank Thomas!

vCash
    Congrats Frank Thomas.

Just wish we kept him to end his career as a Sox, But got a ring for 05.
    Last edited by South Side Sox; 07-25-2014 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    I was at the game when he hit his first home run at Comiskey against Milwaukee when I was 5 and he was my favorite player ever since. I've seen plenty of his games and HRs. Saw him use an aluminum bat in BP and hit it off the scoreboard in the Cell. Was also at what ended being his last game in US Cellular as a member of the White Sox that he played in against Detroit in the great year of 2005. It was for my birthday. I have his autograph on a ball, bat, jersey and program. Arguably the best right handed hitter in the 90's and one of the best right handed hitters of all time. He was very outspoken against PEDs even when he was very young and wasn't scared to bring up the topic. Great man, great player and great role model. The greatest White Sox player to ever live. Congrats to The Big Hurt Frank Thomas.

vCash

Frank is the ONLY guy that would tell reporters in the clubhouse they were wasting their time covering that day's game when they could win awards for reporting on the massive steroid use in MLB.

vCash
    Frank is the modern day Mr. White Sox, having said that ... he is going in as a SOX right, not an A or a Blue Jay??
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash

Most definitely a member of the White Sox.

vCash
    Im 41 so i remember Frank's first game in Milwaukee and his first home run in Minnesota. Heck, i remember reading about him when he was drafted. Not everyone knows that when he was a freshman tight end for Auburn, his roommate was Bo Jackson.

Some of the things that stand out the most in my mind, besides his gigantic staute, was the controversy that was created when Walt Hriank was messing with his swing. Apparently it turned out ok. And the second longest homerun ive ever seen live...at Skydome when he hit the upperdeck in left...that was amazing.

vCash

A great four year run in the draft, a Frank, Ventura , Black Jack and Alex Fernandez
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash

vCash
    His display was all White Sox, except for his 500th homerun ball, bat and Bluejays jersey