Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Keith Olbermann becoming a media dictator?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it's his opinion and that's it

    10 66.67%
  • no, I have seen him allow other's to have an opinion

    5 33.33%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,235
    vCash
    1500

    Is Keith Olbermann getting too big for his britches and not allowing any other opinio

    Recently Keith Olbermann slammed Tony Dungy, calling him the 'World's Worst Person In Sports'. Now I just want to say that I applaud Keith Olbermann for ACTUALLY having an opinion and sharing it. But I also applaud Tony Dungy for having an opinion and sharing it. Maybe more because it goes against the typical media way. My problem with Olbermann is that he has an opinion, but goes over the top on it and doesn't allow or believe anybody that doesn't share his opinion should have a say. I think he went over the top on the Redskins issue as well. I watched his show and sat there listening patiently. He stated a good case, but on a few things threw out incorrect information to make his case appear stronger. Then on the radio, a day later listened to him as well. He disallowed a caller to even speak back on his Redskins issue. Is he a media dictator? What happened to Freedom of Speech in America Keith Olbermann? I love the fact that you have an opinion and share it, but despise the fact that you won't allow anybody to have one besides yours.
    NFC Here we come!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Posts
    751
    vCash
    500
    I wanted to vote "Who cares?" but it wasn't an option.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    I bet you disprove of gay marriage

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    2,259
    vCash
    1500
    As someone who leans left on nearly every single social issue including gay marriage and gay rights, I really don't understand what the huge deal is with what Dungy said. I read it as a shot at the media, who then proceed to prove exactly the point he was trying to make.

    It's not entirely comparable, but I wouldn't have drafted Tim Tebow or Johnny Manziel for the same reasons.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,392
    vCash
    700
    Becoming? He's always been a clown.


    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Recently Keith Olbermann slammed Tony Dungy, calling him the 'World's Worst Person In Sports'. Now I just want to say that I applaud Keith Olbermann for ACTUALLY having an opinion and sharing it. But I also applaud Tony Dungy for having an opinion and sharing it. Maybe more because it goes against the typical media way. My problem with Olbermann is that he has an opinion, but goes over the top on it and doesn't allow or believe anybody that doesn't share his opinion should have a say. I think he went over the top on the Redskins issue as well. I watched his show and sat there listening patiently. He stated a good case, but on a few things threw out incorrect information to make his case appear stronger. Then on the radio, a day later listened to him as well. He disallowed a caller to even speak back on his Redskins issue. Is he a media dictator? What happened to Freedom of Speech in America Keith Olbermann? I love the fact that you have an opinion and share it, but despise the fact that you won't allow anybody to have one besides yours.
    It's a habit of many on the left, unfortunately. Their opinions are the only ones that count somehow. For most people on the right, if they don't like what somebody has to say, they ignore them or change the channel. However, for many people on the left, if they don't like what somebody has to say, they censor them or try to ruin their livelihoods.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,414
    vCash
    500
    I believe Olbermann leads the division in canceled programs.

    He fails miserably at being funny while his sarcasm doesn't cover up for his distortion of facts. As Mike Francesa said "I think the guy is lost". I agree
    .
    .


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,973
    vCash
    3425
    It's the way Keith Olbermann is. Either you get it and you love him or you don't like it and hate him.
    Coulson Lives

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,974
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    It's a habit of many on the left, unfortunately. Their opinions are the only ones that count somehow. For most people on the right, if they don't like what somebody has to say, they ignore them or change the channel. However, for many people on the left, if they don't like what somebody has to say, they censor them or try to ruin their livelihoods.
    That's because half the opinions on the right are directly against people's rights to make their own decisions, and it's mostly because of their religion and false beliefs (life at conception is one thing they try to argue which scientifically is not even remotely true).

    A good example is the whole gay marriage thing. Yes, we dont want to listen to the rights opinion on the matter - because they're simply wrong on it.
    Last edited by basch152; 07-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Olbermann's a ****. Always has been. The only amazing thing is that he keeps getting television programs that no one watches.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    That's because half the opinions on the right are directly against people's rights to make their own decisions, and it's mostly because of their religion and false beliefs (life at conception is one thing they try to argue which scientifically is not even remotely true).

    A good example is the whole gay marriage thing. Yes, we dont want to listen to the rights opinion on the matter - because they're simply wrong on it.
    LOL. Thank you for this wonderfully ignorant, hypocritical post. Bookmarking/screenshotting this, many laughs will be had at your expense.

    Most people can't be trusted to make their own decisions, unfortunately. And making any argument with your chief claim being "you're wrong because we say so" is HILARIOUS.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    1500
    By the way, those cell's that start rapidly multiplying at point of conception, yeah that's the definition of life my friend. The day the cells start mutiplying is the day life starts, and the day cells stop multiplying is the day death starts. It's simple, your not dumb, just unaware.
    Last edited by The Captain; 07-25-2014 at 12:50 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    1437
    I lol'd pretty hard at "britches" haha.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,269
    vCash
    500
    I thought that Dungy piece by Keith Olbermann was pretty funny. He just pointed out all the back tracking and false statements Dungy was making, like about the Oprah show and all and 1st saying he wouldn’t draft Sam and then saying he wouldn’t have a problem with Sam on his team. Just pointing out how dumb Dungy was being. The Ray Rice thing was pretty good too.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Posts
    751
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's the way Keith Olbermann is. Either you get it and you love him or you don't like it and hate him.
    Or you don't care at all and simply ignore him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •