Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

OKC Thunder Trying To Pull A Shady Move On Rookie To Save Money

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/2...ookie-d-league

"Presti, according to Mayberry, plans to convince Huestis to hold off on signing his $750,000 guaranteed contract for the 2014-15 season and instead sign a contract around $25,000 to join the NBA D-League for a year. Huestis would then sign his Thunder deal a year from now or maybe two, at which point the standard guaranteed rookie contract would begin."

Talk about shady and cheap as fu**.

vCash
    I don't see the big deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't see the big deal
    If he does this and blows his knee during his season in the D-League it will be a big deal. It's a shady backdoor deal. Pay the man chump change by NBA standards of 750k... THEN stash him. Saving 725k is petty as hell for a contending team.

Edit: I may have misread. Sounds like he may still get guaranteed money next year? Still doesn't seem right really for a kid who has worked to get here. If someone asked me to wait a year to get 725k more as a favor to them I'd tell them where to shove it.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-25-2014 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    25k? He can make more than that working in a factory

vCash
    If I'm Huesti and my agent call me about this BS from the Thunder, I'm firing him on the spot. Give me my 750K or let me go to Europe for a year or 2. What if he tears his ACL in a DLeague game. Why do the team any favor? they can easily trade your rights to another team.

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    He probably wasn't being picked in the first round if he didn't make that promise. Then there's no guaranteed scale.

vCash
    He'd be stupid to do this ... Obvious reasons everyone stated what if he blows a knee

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    This guy is an idiot and if anything has sold himself low as a player. By openly saying "I think I should stay in the d league rather than to prove myself" all while killing his market value and salary in the process. This guy needs to fire his agent

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/2...ookie-d-league

"Presti, according to Mayberry, plans to convince Huestis to hold off on signing his $750,000 guaranteed contract for the 2014-15 season and instead sign a contract around $25,000 to join the NBA D-League for a year. Huestis would then sign his Thunder deal a year from now or maybe two, at which point the standard guaranteed rookie contract would begin."

Talk about shady and cheap as fu**.
    im not sure you know what the word shady means. its also OKC and there isnt much playing time for rookies so it makes sense they owuld prefer him to start in the d league

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He probably wasn't being picked in the first round if he didn't make that promise. Then there's no guaranteed scale.
    good point. i didnt think of Huestis as a first rounder to begin with.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    It's his choice. Hopefully it pans out. I'm just surprised it's legal.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash

OKC Thunder Trying To Pull A Shady Move On Rookie To Save Money

I'd say "show me the money !"

vCash
    This was a dumb move by OKC. So they reach for a 2nd round pick in the 1st round. Only to send him to the D-League for a year or 2. Why not just trade the pick for a future 1st rounder?

vCash
    He is stupid, why would you accept this, if they want you to develop in the d-league, make them sign you and send you there for the year while making an NBA salary. What a wasted year for him, getting an nba salary last for only so long and he just cut 1 year off that to make 25k. The guy graduated from Stanford he should be making much more than this even in his 1st year out of school.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

vCash
    This isn't shady at all. 2nd round contracts are non guaranteed contracts. They could offer him $0.00 if they wanted to. They don't see his value so they don't want to take a risk on him. He can go play wherever he wants, getting drafted in the 2nd round doesn't stop him from doing what he wants.

Playing in the NBA at this point just isn't an option for him, that's all.

This isn't shady and he isn't getting screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast