Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

who is our starting SF? we need another wing...

I'm sure there will be posts asking why I made this thread and closed shortly after, but after basically having an almost complete roster there are still what 2 open slots.

I for one am not comfortable with the starting SF options we have and am hopeful there is other cheap options available.

Since we don't have much money I'm unsure if we can land one of those players.

Anyone with some realistic options available?

Team

PG: Lin/Clarkson/nash
    SG Kobe/Xavier henry
    SF: Johnson/swaggy p
    PF: Boozer/randle/Kelly
    C: J.Hill/Ed davis/Sacre

I like our 2nd unit as has a lot of youth, athletic ability, energy.

I don't know about yall but I did not like wesly Johnson or whatever his name was last year. I do not feel well having him as our starting SF.

Now that aminu has signed with mavs for 2 years 2.1 mil why the hell couldn't we have made him an offer like that? We paid Kelly more than that lol.

Garcia is rumored to be going to Houston.

Marion as we all know is probally going to bulls probally not mavs now that they have aminu. Although at least with us would have a starting job. But he's after more money than we can offer. And if he isn't after money he's after a ring which we sure don't have this year.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/sma...wards_2014.htm

Here is an updated list.

What about CDR? Chris Douglas-Roberts? Kobe loves him he can play SG or SF has some nba experience plays hard can defend and score. Would be a solid rotation player. Maybe even kobe's backup and have Xavier henry start?

I was hoping for aminu but that ship has sailed.

I do miss that bazemore left as he could of been a good kobe backup.

What about Shannon brown? Could he backup kobe or even start at SF? An athletic player that can defend.

I'm kinda at a lost not sure what we do I just know we have a hole there at the wing position.

Kobe played 6 games last year he needs to have games off and when that happens we have 3 players to play 2 positions.

Clarkson is a PG and is better than nash at this point in time so I expect him to get backup PG minutes.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe have to wait after 20 games and see if something better becomes available via trade but at that point might even be too late to even make the playoffs.

Wesly Johnson isn't the answer at starting SF.

And swaggy p and kobe can't both start swaggy can play maybe some at end of games in certain situations but he is better off coming off the bench.

We could get MWP but he is more a PF now and we have what 6 of those already.

marion, Beasley, Garcia, cdr, Cunningham...

I know some of yall have said Cunningham before, I don't know much about the kid but he has to be better than wes Johnson.

maybe we take la Quinton ross SF from summer league or another summer league guy or maybe him and Deandre kane and move Clarkson to play some SG minutes as well.

Not sure what the plan is. But I would feel a lot better about this team if we knew who our starting SF was going to be.

In before close

Assuming Byron scott is our coach.

vCash
    I know there has been some talk of randle playing some SF and also Kelly also.

I think randle could play some SF but all the time. And Kelly no absolutely not. He looked just like pau out there last year. Lacks the quickness and lateral movement needed to play the position.

vCash
    I meant to say I think randle could play some SF but not all the time.

PG:Lin/Clarkson/nash
    SG:kobe/Xavier henry
    SF:randle/swaggy p/ wes Johnson
    PF:boozer/Kelly
    C:j.hill/ed davis/sacre

not sure how that would work...

but I do think marion would be a solid pickup and solid role player like j.hill would be. and maybe lin/kobe/boozer our big 3. and a young athletic energetic bench with young as primary scorer should be able to give us 30 bench pts a game.

I do not think wes johson can play backup SG and swaggy p can't start he's bench mob. So as it stands right now I assume Xavier henry is kobe's backup and wes Johnson is our starting SF with swaggy p backing him up at that position. With Xavier henry playing some Sf as well.

Its amazing how deep the wing FA options were this year yet we got Xavier henry and wes Johnson and let bazemore walk.

was funny we let barnes walk b/c we thought ebanks was next future SF and here barnes had a great year for clippers and ebanks is in d league. lol.

vCash
    Thread will prolly close.

I really hope we land Marion. He would really help this team and we could have a legit playoff run.

Lin-Nash-Clarkson
    Bryant-Henry
    Marion-Young-Johnson
    Boozer-Randle-Kelly
    Hill-Davis-Sacre

I can't recall if Jeremy Lin has been an all star (maybe through votes and popularity) but Marion would bring championship experience, defense, etc. and while it's an old squad, the team would have 4 former all stars, 5 if you count Lin.

And the great thing is, if he gets hurt, Johnson can slide into the starting role because he has similar attributes to keep Young's role consistent as 6th man.

Plus there's enough youth off the bench to have that Spurs-esque thing where you got some old dudes but mixed with young which makes them lethal.

The only negative with Marion is that ugly arse shot.

vCash
    marion or garcia..

vCash
    ideally we really need someone who can guard the wing players like Durant and lebron, but we also could really use SOMEONE who can spread the floor well being that we have no 3 point threats on this teams.... kinda screwed ourselves at the 3 for the next couple years going all in for melo/lbj and probably thinkin durant 2016

vCash
    Marion will prolly go to a contender like the Bulls, Garcia prolly goes to Cleveland for the vets min to add to the plethora of shooters that LeBron already has.

We probably end up with Rashard Lewis post knee surgery for the remainder of that 2.73M room exception.

vCash
    Michael Beasley for me. Everyone thinks he's this 6'10 PF hybrid. May have been a PF in college, but he's actually a 6'8 SF in the NBA. D is poor but the rest of his game is A grade. With where we are at, I think he's the perfect type for us. Definitely low risk - high reward still. Then I'd sign Shannon Brown as insurance at the 2. A Kobe favourite.

"Push off Kevin, I'm the starting PF on this team."
    "Not for long Buddy, not for long."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Michael Beasley for me. Everyone thinks he's this 6'10 PF hybrid. May have been a PF in college, but he's actually a 6'8 SF in the NBA. D is poor but the rest of his game is A grade. With where we are at, I think he's the perfect type for us. Definitely low risk - high reward still. Then I'd sign Shannon Brown as insurance at the 2. A Kobe favourite.
    +1

Id start Beasley over Wes (who I believe is better off the bench). At this point, weve got nothing to lose and we could use some "decorations".

A line-up of Hill-Randle-Beasley-X/Swag-Clarkson could, COULD provide a little bit of entertainment.

Hill-Davis-Sacre
    TRex-Beasley-Kelly
    Wes-X
    Kobe-Young
    Lin-Clarkson-Nash

vCash
    damn... I saw there was 10 posts and was just hoping that they were all by mufridaz

dude is the best post chucker around ... a true volume player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    damn... I saw there was 10 posts and was just hoping that they were all by mufridaz

vCash
    Take Beasley,he's the best available on the market and this team has no ambitions this year. He could play and give us a nice scoring option.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

Still doesnt best his all time record of 21 consecutive
    FREE CROONER

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Beasley would definitely be what the doctor ordered. If the guy can't focus around Kobe then its bye bye to his playing career.

Lin/Clarkson/Nash
    Kobe/Swaggy/Xavier
    Beasley/Johnson
    Randle/Boozer/Kelley
    Hill/Davis/Sacre

vCash
    Meh none of the names mentioned scream starting NBA SF except Marion and he's not coming. We'll probably just roll with Johnson again as the starter (and not like we're winning anything this year anyways so adding any of those names won't do much).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast