Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Demand of Minnesota Vikings tickets

This article is a few days late but with all the other news its still a headline for good or for bad.
    Link with pic

This photo, from CBS Minnesota, shows the entirety of the line to buy single-game Vikings tickets for much of Tuesday morning, when they went on sale.

Toughing it out was Anthony Williams, who had the day off work and showed up at 5:40 a.m., more than early enough to be first in line. Williams said it wasn't until 7:00 or so that anyone else joined him.

"I probably could have slept in a little while, later and still been first in line," Williams said with a laugh.
    By the time tickets actually went on sale at 9 a.m., there were 14 people in line. And that included reporters doing stories on the lack of people in line.

I don't blame people for staying home! The Vikings will be playing the next two seasons at University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium, while their own new bird deathtrap stadium is constructed. TCF Bank Stadium is outdoors. It gets cold up there. And still, ticket prices are up an average of 27 percent over last year. And waiting on line at Vikings offices merely gave fans an hourlong head-start on internet purchases.

Audubon Society Calls New Vikings Stadium "A Death Trap" For Birds
    One of the more distinguishing features of the new Vikings stadium, set to open in 2016, is the…
    Read more
    Still, that left the pick of the best seats to those willing to work for them, like Williams.

Williams bought for himself and four friends. They'll be attending the Week 4 game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Williams wanted the season opener, but that would have required him to buy tickets to another game as well.
    The only man in the Twin Cities who woke up early to buy Vikings tickets absolutely didn't want to go to more than one game.

[CBS Minnesota, h/t Al]

vCash
    So low then?

vCash
    But why do they hate birds so much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So low then?
    That appears to be so but simply putting that in the thread title I could be subject to "trolling". Users have to decide for themselves the demand of tickets based on the information provided. This appears to be a story worth monitoring for the season which is why I created the thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    That appears to be so but simply putting that in the thread title I could be subject to "trolling". Users have to decide for themselves the demand of tickets based on the information provided. This appears to be a story worth monitoring for the season which is why I created the thread.
    If Jags get the most tickets sold thread then why not.

vCash
    Why is everything in reverse this year?

vCash
    That's embarrassing. As big of a story regarding this, 25% raise in ticket prices. For what, other than they have less seats? Greedy.

Hopefully will make it to a home outdoor game late in the season, despite the game likely having no bearing on playoff hopes...at least for the home team.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    I'm surprised anyone even bothered driving somewhere and potentially waiting in line to buy tickets.

I would like to know how many tickets they sold online. It's easier, faster and more convenient to do it that way.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-25-2014 at 07:18 AM.

vCash
    Why are the prices up 27% when there transitioning quarterbacks and stadiums

I love the stadium tho , to bad it'll kill birds

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Speaking of stadiums did anybody else see the 3D version of the falcons stadium ..fuggin awesome!

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Minnesota fans are lucky. Both of them. If I want season tickets I have to join the waiting list behind 40,000 people and with a renewal rate of 99.7%. Maybe when I'm 70 years old.

vCash
    Typical fans of some teams, they only support their team when they are winning!
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I might attend a game in the next 2 years while they are at TCF but it's not huge on my list. I'm only 4 hours away and I've got the best seat in the house right in front of my TV. The Metrodome put such a bad taste in my mouth 4-5 years ago that I said I wouldn't go to another one until they built a new stadium.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    MN Fans are very excited about our team this year. Lots of talent to watch. But I just don't think people have the money to spend on a seat in a college stadium. We are not going to care how cold it is until it gets below 20 degrees, so its not that. As MN fans we have been spoiled with the riches of the Twins Stadium. If I go to a football game for much much more money, I want that same luxury around me as I get at a Twins game. TOO Much $$.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Typical fans of some teams, they only support their team when they are winning!
    To be honest it kind of hard to go to Viking games. I've never been to Lambeau but it's just rich in history and tradition. The Vikes had an outdoor stadium which I believe most enojoyed, then they moved us in doors for the past 30 years, now they expect us to play outside again and then move back in. Ya it's just hard to have tradition like the Packers or Bears.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast