Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What grade would you give Thibs for this past season?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

15 78.95%
  • B

3 15.79%
  • C

1 5.26%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Report Card: Tom Thibodeau

We've done it before, you know what to do. If not, simply vote for the grade that you'd give the Bull in the thread title on their production/impact they've had this past season. Feel free to argue your point and mention a +/- if the raw grade score isn't exact for you.

First up, Coach Thibs! What report card grade would you give Thibs this past season?

vCash
    A.... I think the only legit knock in him is running his players into the ground but last season he had zero depth whatsoever. So maybe the knock is less legit. We will find out this year if running guys into the ground is truly his style or if it was due to lack of options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    A.... I think the only legit knock in him is running his players into the ground but last season he had zero depth whatsoever. So maybe the knock is less legit. We will find out this year if running guys into the ground is truly his style or if it was due to lack of options.
    I wish I could give him a A- for that reason. Otherwise amazing.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    I wish I could give him a A- for that reason. Otherwise amazing.
    you definitely can give him an A-, but for the polls we'll average out his A's and B's and that's where the -/+ will come into play (think like GPA calculations in high school/college)

vCash
    I thoughts we go alphabetical?

vCash
    B+, He's a very good Coach except for his stubbornness in player minutes management.

vCash
    On thread, A there is no way we should of been able to compete for the 3/4/5 seed in the east. He keeps saying **** you to the doubters and takes the depleted teams to the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdre View Post
    B+, He's a very good Coach except for his stubbornness in player minutes management.
    Stubbornness? You want to win games?

vCash
    Hey Ezy, love the disco pops gif!

vCash
    A+

vCash
    He had absolutely nothing to work with last year and had a fantastic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I thoughts we go alphabetical?
    we could, I thought doing Thibs first though made sense just to get his easy vote out of the way i don't think we did the report card threads last year though, do you remember?

vCash
    Win games, Yes,........ run players raggedy during meaningless games while there are 3 or 4 DNPs sitting on the bench... No!

vCash
    A+ during regular season, but Thibs needs to develop more flexibility and less stubbornness at times in the playoffs. You can almost set your watch by with his substitution patterns, and no matter how good or bad some guys are playing he keeps going with that "formula". Pretty easy for the opposition to plan for something that never changes. In the playoffs its about match ups, and you see coaches like Pop benching guys who perform poorly or are not matching up well. Pop even changes his starting line up at times. Thibs just says this is what got us here and we are sticking with it. He needs to get more flexible in this regard, but otherwise he has a great ability to get the maximum out of minimal talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdre View Post
    Win games, Yes,........ run players raggedy during meaningless games while there are 3 or 4 DNPs sitting on the bench... No!
    Explain how the minutes that Thibs plays his guys is any different from the history of coaches playing their guys over the course of what, 5 decades (the only coach that has done so any differently is Popovich, and he only just began doing that this past year and he's managing players minutes who are far older and have far more mileage on their bodies than players that Thibs plays).

The leading mpg getter on this team was Jimmy Butler at 38.7mpg (tied with Melo for most minutes per game, one of the lowest leaders in minutes per game in the history of the game). The leading minutes getter on this team was Joakim at 2,820 (15th highest in the league).

Thibs' rotations and the like is so overblown, and no matter how many times myself or Doogs (especially Doogs with his rants lol) explains this, points it out, glosses over the comparison to other teams the same season, draws up comparisons from past teams... people won't change their minds because they're stuck in the mud and think it's a jacuzzi tub.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast