Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    400
    vCash
    1500

    It's not THAT HARD to look into the Dodgers future people!

    First, I will absolutely kill Colletti if he's fckking stupid enough to trade Pederson, Seager, or Urias. HELL FRICKIN' NOOOO.

    What are team SHOULD be by 2015-2016.

    LF - Matt Kemp
    CF - Joc Pederson
    RF - Yasiel Puig
    4th outfield should be Van Slyke. I love this guy. If he was given a full season, he hits 30 HR Easy
    1B - Adrian Gonzalez
    2B - Dee Gordon
    SS - Guerrero (Cuban)
    3B - Corey Seager

    Let Hanley walk. Dude is injury prone like crazy. So stupid if they offer him a contract. This gives Guerrero his SS position back. Uribe is only signed for another year and once he's gone after 2015, Seager will be more than ready to take over. Dude is going to be a beast.

    Rotation should be

    1. Kershaw
    2. Greinke
    3. Urias
    4. Ryu
    5. Roster filler or FA


    If you don't bleed Dodger Blue, then somethings wrong with you...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,174
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jusscallmez View Post
    First, I will absolutely kill Colletti if he's fckking stupid enough to trade Pederson, Seager, or Urias. HELL FRICKIN' NOOOO.

    What are team SHOULD be by 2015-2016.

    LF - Matt Kemp
    CF - Joc Pederson
    RF - Yasiel Puig
    4th outfield should be Van Slyke. I love this guy. If he was given a full season, he hits 30 HR Easy
    1B - Adrian Gonzalez
    2B - Dee Gordon
    SS - Guerrero (Cuban)
    3B - Corey Seager

    Let Hanley walk. Dude is injury prone like crazy. So stupid if they offer him a contract. This gives Guerrero his SS position back. Uribe is only signed for another year and once he's gone after 2015, Seager will be more than ready to take over. Dude is going to be a beast.

    Rotation should be

    1. Kershaw
    2. Greinke
    3. Urias
    4. Ryu
    5. Roster filler or FA
    Do you have a similar post from 2012 on what the 2014 team should look like?
    I'd be quite interested to see it.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Do you have a similar post from 2012 on what the 2014 team should look like?
    I'd be quite interested to see it.
    I wouldn't worry. Dodgers are not expected to make any moves.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,775
    vCash
    1500
    You aren't saying anything that the management, the front office and fans have been saying.

    How is this so dire for you to put ALL CAPS in the headline?

    BTW, I think you're wrong about putting Kemp in LF, i think Joc will be the LF, Kemp in RF and the wild puig in CF in the future. Kemp is clearly more comfortable in right and Joc can play LF just fine.

    Seager is good at SS but yeah he may go to 3B but Guerroro doesn't have the range for SS but he'd be fine at 3B, so he may wind up there.

    Or he could play 2B and they put Dee back at SS to have the more rangey guy there. His main issue at SS was his arm but I think he should be fine in the future.

    catcher should be interesting. we have some young propects but have no idea when.

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,448
    vCash
    1500
    Dodgers working on a Matt Kemp trade. Personally I think it's time to move on from him. If the front office does a deal then they are convinced Pederson is ready for the bigs. Can't blame them. We need some power. Just trade him to the AL so if he turns back to beastmode he won't hurt us much.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,174
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Dodgers working on a Matt Kemp trade. Personally I think it's time to move on from him. If the front office does a deal then they are convinced Pederson is ready for the bigs. Can't blame them. We need some power. Just trade him to the AL so if he turns back to beastmode he won't hurt us much.
    All things being equal, I'd prefer to keep Kemp. If you trade him then we've got two starting OFers who are vulnerable to left-handed pitchers.

    Yeah, we've got SVS but one of either Crawford, Ethier or Joc would have to start vs a lefty.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    All things being equal, I'd prefer to keep Kemp. If you trade him then we've got two starting OFers who are vulnerable to left-handed pitchers.

    Yeah, we've got SVS but one of either Crawford, Ethier or Joc would have to start vs a lefty.
    He isn't looking like the player we wanted to have for the contract. I just don't see him ever turning back into beastmode with us. I don't think he is happy. Good move imo for both sides. Pederson will give us some much needed power and he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he is worth the hype. Of course I would love to move ethier or CC but that is not realistic. They have very little value right now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,174
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    He isn't looking like the player we wanted to have for the contract.
    That's certainly an understatement.

    I just don't see him ever turning back into beastmode with us.
    Then there's no reason to believe that he'd ever do so with anyone else either.
    And his trade value will reflect that.

    I don't think he is happy.
    I see no reason to believe that he's unhappy.
    No, the recent quotes don't lead me to believe that.

    Pederson will give us some much needed power
    I'd bet on Kemp's power for the rest of the season over Pederson's.

    and he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove he is worth the hype.
    You mean the same thing that Kemp is doing that you think is the reason we should trade him?
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    You aren't saying anything that the management, the front office and fans have been saying.

    How is this so dire for you to put ALL CAPS in the headline?

    BTW, I think you're wrong about putting Kemp in LF, i think Joc will be the LF, Kemp in RF and the wild puig in CF in the future. Kemp is clearly more comfortable in right and Joc can play LF just fine.

    Seager is good at SS but yeah he may go to 3B but Guerroro doesn't have the range for SS but he'd be fine at 3B, so he may wind up there.

    Or he could play 2B and they put Dee back at SS to have the more rangey guy there. His main issue at SS was his arm but I think he should be fine in the future.

    catcher should be interesting. we have some young propects but have no idea when.
    It wasn't his arm, it was making terrible plays, and ****ing up constantly. For all the complaining about hanley's defense, people need to go back and take a look at what Dee Gordon was doing at SS. When they got hanley, they improved their defense.
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-26-2014 at 06:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    That's certainly an understatement.


    Then there's no reason to believe that he'd ever do so with anyone else either.
    And his trade value will reflect that.


    I see no reason to believe that he's unhappy.
    No, the recent quotes don't lead me to believe that.


    I'd bet on Kemp's power for the rest of the season over Pederson's.


    You mean the same thing that Kemp is doing that you think is the reason we should trade him?
    I don't think anybody really believes in your last two statements. Kemp is probably playing with a chipped shoulder rather than a chip on his shoulder. I won't deny he is a decent player but he has fallen off the wagon from when he was just starting to put up his full potential and as I said trading ethier and/or CC is not gonna happen unless some team is stupid enough to take on a decent portion of their contract. I definitely think we need to get rid of one of our outfielders either way.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,885
    vCash
    1500
    We should sign Jon Lester in the offseason

    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    We should sign Jon Lester in the offseason
    maybe if he gets traded, then he won't have a pick attached, but 2015's pitching class looks a lot better than 2014's.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,174
    vCash
    1500
    Do people really think the Dodgers are going to go after another #1/#2 type starter?

    I wish I had that same confidence.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    32,386
    vCash
    1500
    Who cares if Kemp isn't the player he once was currently... he's still our 2nd best OFer


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    500
    Kemp is coming back from 3 offseason surgeries and concussion syndrome and still has a 770 OPS. It's very likely if he stays healthy he'll put up even better numbers next year and yet everyone is just dying to trade him so we have less outfielders and Crawford and Ethier can get more time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •