Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nieuwenhuis Optioned, Flores Recalled

Wilmer Flores will be called up from Triple-A, the Mets announced.

He will join the team in Milwaukee.

Flores is hitting .341 with a .376 OBP in 93 plate appearances since July 1. He has eight home runs and 28 RBI over 21 games, and recently had a 23-game hitting streak snapped.

To make room for Flores on the roster, the Mets optioned Kirk Nieuwenhuis to Triple-A Las Vegas. He was hitting .179 with a .294 OBP over 34 plate appearances since July 1.
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/flores-...from-triple-a/

So...what exactly does Chris Young have to do to get released?
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash

Get hit by a truck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/flores-...from-triple-a/

So...what exactly does Chris Young have to do to get released?
    What RH OFer would replace him, Andrew Brown? There needs to be a measurable upgrade to justify cutting him and his salary. If no significant candidate exists, they won't release him -- probably.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    What RH OFer would replace him, Andrew Brown? There needs to be a measurable upgrade to justify cutting him and his salary. If no significant candidate exists, they won't release him -- probably.
    The measurable upgrade would be Eric Campbell, the guy who can't buy an AB because of Chris Young and his terrible play. With Flores starting, and Tejada on the bench, TC can actually use Campbell.

If he can't be traded this week (which he won't be because who wants Chris Young), I hope Chris Young gets placed on waivers at 12:01 AM next Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    The measurable upgrade would be Eric Campbell, the guy who can't buy an AB because of Chris Young and his terrible play. With Flores starting, and Tejada on the bench, TC can actually use Campbell.

If he can't be traded this week (which he won't be because who wants Chris Young), I hope Chris Young gets placed on waivers at 12:01 AM next Friday.
    Eric Campbell is on the 25-man roster already. So I'll go back to my question, who would replace him on the roster that deserves to be on the roster and isn't better off at AAA?

Howie Rose just mentioned that CY is at 200 ABs, and as I've mentioned from time to time, 200 is a magic number. Teams like to give players 200 ABs/PAs -- whatever -- to demonstrate their worth. Especially a vet making $7m+.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Did we see the last of Kirk?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Maybe. Could see him come up in September though.

Really hoping they call up den Dekker. He has another double tonight.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    AAAA player. Sayonara Captain K.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

AAA player. He's playing in the right league. He's not a major leaguer
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    This move is complete ********. Why do I need to see Abreu take another AB in a Met uniform?
    Enough already. He's a 40 year old punch and Judy hitter. It's OVER.

Kirk has a slow two weeks and he's sent down. Meanwhile, Abreu, Tejada and CY can suck indefinitely and they stick around. Totally ridiculous. We should be seeing a Kirk / Campbell platoon in left and telling Abreu thanks for the memories. What exactly is his upside?? He's a waste of a roster spot and it drives me crazy.

As usual, the decision makers in this organization continue to be lost.
    Last edited by truthbtold; 07-26-2014 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

This is his third extended look with the team. His roster spot could be in jeopardy this off season.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    This move is complete ********. Why do I need to see Abreu take another AB in a Met uniform?
    Enough already. He's a 40 year old punch and Judy hitter. It's OVER.

Kirk has a slow two weeks and he's sent down. Meanwhile, Abreu, Tejada and CY can suck indefinitely and they stick around. Totally ridiculous. We should be seeing a Kirk / Campbell platoon in left and telling Abreu thanks for the memories. What exactly is his upside?? He's a waste of a roster spot and it drives me crazy.

Its more likely you dont see the big picture than the FO. Fans often focus on the little picture - the whole forest for the trees scenario, or is it the trees for the forest? Whichever.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 07-26-2014 at 12:39 AM. Reason: buttah
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Its more likely you dont see the big picture than the FO. Fans often focus on the little picture - the whole forest for the trees scenario, or is it the trees for the forest? Whichever.
    Well they certainly seem horrible at conveying their intentions to their fans, like they don't have to but it helps

and queue your defense of them..............

vCash
    Umm, no. Abreu is done. He has no business on this roster. A blind man can see that tank is dry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Umm, no. Abreu is done. He has no business on this roster. A blind man can see that tank is dry.
    Contesting that Abreu was not my point. I was commenting on the general statement and perspective...

"As usual" my ***.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    After July 31, I hope that both Abreu and CY are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast