Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The (Very Early) Angels Playoffs Thread

What do you guys think of the Angels' chances to make the playoffs? Win in the Playoffs? Get to the World Series, and win the World Series?

I think we'll definitely get at least a wildcard playoff game, then I think we win the first series. A series against Oakland would be tough, but I think we have at least a 45% chance of winning it.

I've very high on this Angels team, as it is now. I really like their chances to do something in the playoffs (win it all). Especially if two of our three big hitters get hot around the end of the year (Trout, Pujols, Kendrick).

The 2002 Angels were the last time we won so many games in come from behind fashion. That's teamwork and chemistry!

vCash
    Hopefully the Tigers beat the A's again, but this team dose not look like they have a deep enough rotation to get through the AL.

vCash
    FanGraphs has the Angels with a
    64% chance at the playoffs
    33% chance at winning the ALDS
    18% chance at winning the ALCS
    10% chance at winning the World Series
    *http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx#ALW
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    After the FOUR GAME SWEEP of the As, we now have a projected 85% chance at a division crown, and a 12% chance of winning the series. Only the Nationals are ahead of us on WS%.

Is it still too early for this thread? What are your predictions now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    After the FOUR GAME SWEEP of the As, we now have a projected 85% chance at a division crown, and a 12% chance of winning the series. Only the Nationals are ahead of us on WS%.

Is it still too early for this thread? What are your predictions now?
    No I don't think it is too early.

In fact I am amazed how well they are doing.
    I just don't see them going deep into the playoffs. The starting pitching for
    the Angels is not too good to go deep into the playoffs but I hope I am wrong.

vCash
    If our batters keep up their confidence, then we can put the lie to "Pitching wins championships". What a crock. Pitching vs. opp's batting that is better than opp's pitching vs. your batting is what wins championships. I.e., he who scores more wins.

Heck we won in 2002 with batting, didn't we?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    If our batters keep up their confidence, then we can put the lie to "Pitching wins championships". What a crock. Pitching vs. opp's batting that is better than opp's pitching vs. your batting is what wins championships. I.e., he who scores more wins.

Heck we won in 2002 with batting, didn't we?
    Batting and a great bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Batting and a great bullpen.
    Our bullpen was top notch that year.

Shields, KRod (rookie form), Percival....that's nasty