Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: 6 years of there prime, who do you take to build around to win a ring.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Robinson

14 46.67%
  • Kobe Bryant

16 53.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

6 years of Prime DRob Vs Prime Kobe, who would you rather build around to win a ring.

You have Prime Drob for 6 years or Prime Kobe for 6 years, who do you take and build around to win a chip.

vCash
    Duncan

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    DRob on this.

vCash
    For 6 years? Robinson

For career? Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beyourself View Post
    For 6 years? Robinson

For career? Kobe
    Agreed

vCash
    fans like to talk about how MJ kept all the 90s greats from winning championships. for the most part thats true, except in the case of david robinson, who didn't win until MJ retired while paired up with Tim Duncan.

1990: Portland
    1991: GSW (first round exit)
    1992: Injury (SAS first round sweep by Phoenix w no Robinson)
    1993: Phoenix (second round, 4-2)
    1994: Jazz (first round exit despite 3rd in SRS for regular season).
    1995: Rockets (WCF)
    1996: Jazz
    1997: Injury
    1998: Jazz.

generally speaking the teams who MJ prevented from winning rings prevented Robinsons spurs from ever getting to the finals.

is this a simple case of bad timing with injuries? why did his team lose so many times with HCA? why did they get knocked out in the first or second round despite having respectable regular season SRS? was Robinson carrying a team of scrubs? why did the Utah Jazz beat them three times over a five year period? where is robinsons six year peak?

vCash
    This is pretty easy for me. I'm picking 6 years of David Robinson. In fact I am taking 6 years of any top 10 center over anyone not named MJ (hopefully I don't sound like Skip Bayless). Kobe is my boy, but it is just too hard to assemble a championship team around a wing player.

Correction: I meant 6 prime years or any top 10 center
    Last edited by Ty22Mitchell; 07-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty22Mitchell View Post
    This is pretty easy for me. I'm picking 6 years of David Robinson. In fact I am taking 6 years of any top 10 center over anyone not named MJ (hopefully I don't sound like Skip Bayless). Kobe is my boy, but it is just too hard to assemble a championship team around a wing player.
    well kobe's done it twice with being the number 1 while drob always fell short. This is kobe anyday

vCash
    There are no valid reasons for picking one of the most overrated big men of all time over Kobe.

vCash
    Robinson. Better player and a big? Forget about it. Not a tough choice although it's not exactly a bad consolation prize to get Kobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    well kobe's done it twice with being the number 1 while drob always fell short. This is kobe anyday
    I want to qualify my statement and include "prime top 10 center." Sorry about that,

Kobe has done it twice, and that's a fact. My point was and is, that it is very hard to assemble a championship team around a wing. Much more difficult than having prime a top 10 center, and then adding a wing to compliment him. The events surrounding the Kobe and Shaq break up illustrate this well. An old 20 and 8 Shaq (guessing these stats) was enough to win a ring with D Wade. It took Mitch and company a while to acquire a competent big for Kobe. It's very hard to acquire size in the NBA, let alone top 10 size. The reason I'm choosing David is b/c you're more likely to find a wing to pair with him than vice versa.This isn't an indictment against Kobe at all.
    Last edited by Ty22Mitchell; 07-24-2014 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotone1401 View Post
    There are no valid reasons for picking one of the most overrated big men of all time over Kobe.
    How so?

vCash
    I think a more interesting question is how many titles would a Prime Kobe and Robinson win together if they played during the 90's.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    How so?

Calling Kobephiles in 3,2,1......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty22Mitchell View Post
    I want to qualify my statement and include "prime top 10 center." Sorry about that,

Kobe has done it twice, and that's a fact. My point was and is, that it is very hard to assemble a championship team around a wing. Much more difficult than having prime a top 10 center, and then adding a wing to compliment him. The events surrounding the Kobe and Shaq break up illustrate this well. An old 20 and 8 Shaq (guessing these stats) was enough to win a ring with D Wade. It took Mitch and company a while to acquire a competent big for Kobe. It's very hard to acquire size in the NBA, let alone top 10 size. The reason I'm choosing David is b/c you're more likely to find a wing to pair with him than vice versa.This isn't an indictment against Kobe at all.

it is alot easier to build around a big man rather than a wing player BUT it just cant be any big man. Drob was pretty good but if this argument was hakeem vs kobe or duncan vs kobe or something like that would be alot better since those guys have done it as the number 1 guy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast