Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bears Forum Fantasy $Money$ League Year 3

Most of you know the score by now. 12 teams, standard scoring, standard rosters, ESPN. We did a 40$ buy-in last year, we can either keep it there or bump it up a few bucks to $45 or $50 as we usually do in the Cubs forum, depending what league members want.

As per tradition last year's members have first rights to 2014 membership, with probably a few slots opening up for newcomers based on guys being priced out or just not returning for whatever reason.

Regarding the extension of last year's trade deadline: I have no intent to go diving down this rabbit hole again. There were rules last year, just like there will be rules this year. 9 or 10 guys in the league, including at least one mod from this forum, had no problem with the deadline being extended once it was collectively realized by the league that ESPN had it set way too early.

I think that specific problem can be remedied this year very simply by voting on what the league would like the deadline to be before the season starts. Then again, I thought (and most seemed to agree) that a one week extension last year was a pretty reasonable fix at that time too, there was even a league poll, as some will recall - but there were still those that refused to let it go even after the league had collectively spoken.

So I'll just say this now - concerning those two that have issues with the way the league's run, I think the simplest solution for you if you're that disconcerted with how things are handled would be to not plop down your hard earned money to play. Nobody's got a gun to your head, and we turned away like 3 or 4 guys that were wait-listed last year. This is a fun league for some light cash that I think has been rather successful over the past few years, and obviously not 100% of people agree on everything 100% of the time. But if your intent is to just endlessly piss and moan about anything that doesn't go your way, I'd advise doing everyone including yourselves a solid and simply don't join. Why you'd want to spend money on a league whose basic operation you fundamentally disagree with anyway, I don't know.

So, for the other half dozen or so dudes who've been around since league inception and are looking to re-up for year 3, submit your intent below. Newcomers, same deal - just declare your interest and you'll be added to the list. Once we get to our 12 we'll start looking at draft dates that best suit everyone.

Any and all questions or concerns are of course welcome as well, from both new and old alike.

Welcome to Year 3.

Brandon Marshall.

He really wants to play a game in January.

vCash
    I'm in again. Just stop trying to cheat like you do in every ff game you've ever played on PSD.

vCash

our future

vCash
    Also, i call for a vote for a new commish. I want in, but I really don't trust you to stop pulling shady **** every year.

vCash
    Make it 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    Also, i call for a vote for a new commish. I want in, but I really don't trust you to stop pulling shady **** every year.
    I'm going to run this league the same way I've run it every year, the same way the overwhelming majority of the people who've played in it have been fine with. You want to go run another league, I'd be fine with/strongly in favor of that.

vCash
    There's been a motion for a vote of no confidence. Uh ohhh

vCash
    Just don't do shady **** like last year.

The baseball league has run fine this year, I've had no qualms.

Simply don't change the trade deadline without a vote so you can acquire a TE and then think it's okay. That's shady as ****.

I'm in, just no questionable ****.

vCash
    Like I've already said, I think it's very much in the best interest of the league for us to all vote before Week 1 on what we want the trade deadline to be. Most acknowledged last year that ESPN had it set far too early, it just so happened that nobody noticed that until it was almost upon us. We get it set this year well before Packers/Seahawks kicks off, any such issues are avoided.

Brandon Marshall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'm going to run this league the same way I've run it every year, the same way the overwhelming majority of the people who've played in it have been fine with. You want to go run another league, I'd be fine with/strongly in favor of that.
    Motion to ask me to leave is declined. I placed too highly to not come back. League quality suffers without me.

Call to vote on approval of TA not doing shady **** per usual.

vCash

vCash
    Wait... Does TA berate every trade "winner" and "loser" with his expert trade analysis then completely excuses his rape trades for analysis?

If so, I'd love to be added to the waiting list so I can be a part of that!

<3 TA
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Wait... Does TA berate every trade "winner" and "loser" with his expert trade analysis then completely excuses his rape trades for analysis?

<3 TA
    Lolol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post

<3 TA
    Oh you're just upset that your own trades have boned you into a 6-9 record several of which I berated you for at the time they were made.

The reality is, and this is applicable to both sports, you'll very rarely ever come across a 50/50 trade in fantasy. There's almost always a decisive winner and loser at the time of trade because unlike real life, nobody's trading pieces that you have to wait 3-5 years to pass judgment on. So most deals are pretty easy to analyze at the time they're made, and I enjoy providing my analysis on this, a sports forum ...with a thread dedicated specifically to a fantasy league... just as much as you enjoy pretending any of it actually bothers you.

Brandon Marshall.

vCash
    Sooooooo when are we getting that new commish?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast