Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cubs 2014 trade deadline.

How many moves will the cubs make at or before the deadline? Will we add a core piece to add to the wealth of talent that has been assembled by Theo Einstein? Yes indeed the future is very bright! Butterflies and Rainbows!

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/2014/07/trade-deadline/
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I bet we see maybe 2 trades. Russell gone and hopefully Bonifacio.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Ruggiono will be gone, he's mashing and will not be a part of the future
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    I think Ruggiano is a nice piece to keep. He won't fetch much, I don't think, and he's a wonderful 4th OF option for next year, or, a good platoon option if we choose to keep Bryant at 3b for the near future. I wouldn't move him unless you're getting something pretty good for his value back.

Russell and Edwin Jackson would be the two I'd try my best to move. I'd let Jackson go for almost anything at this point.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Yeah I want Jackson off the team any way possible. He costs a starting pitching spot, and that's pretty valuable right now when they have a lot of players who could use an opportunity to start. If they can get any salary relief, it'd be great.

Bonifacio, Sweeney, JRussell, Villanueva.

vCash
    I think one of these relievers will be moved:
    Russell, Villanueva or Wright

Bonifacio could also be moved. I don't think Ruggiano will be moved since he is under team control for next year. It would be nice to move Jackson, but does any other team want him? Cubs will probably have to pay part of his salary to make a trade.

vCash
    Yankees had a little interest at one point or another. That gives me hope.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago657 View Post
    Yeah I want Jackson off the team any way possible. He costs a starting pitching spot, and that's pretty valuable right now when they have a lot of players who could use an opportunity to start. If they can get any salary relief, it'd be great.

Bonifacio, Sweeney, JRussell, Villanueva.
    As bad as he's been this year, Jackson is still one of the 5 best SP options the Cubs have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    As bad as he's been this year, Jackson is still one of the 5 best SP options the Cubs have.
    This year, perhaps. Next year? He hopefully won't be. It's just too easy to replicate what he's given us. For way cheaper.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Ejax
    Bonifacio
    Sweeney
    JRussell
    Villanueva
    Wright
    Lake
    Vitters
    Bjax
    Schierholtz
    Ruggiano

there will be no core piece being added, not til the offseason. Just looking for potential....

vCash
    One more trade... Possibly two

vCash
    Why is this not in the trade deadline thread thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    Why is this not in the trade deadline thread thread?
    There is no trade deadline thread for one. Except this one.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    There is no trade deadline thread for one. Except this one.
    Then what the hell is the other impostor that says free agent and trade thread all star/trade deadline edition I have been posting in!!!!

vCash
    I will discuss with 1908.
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast