• Deron Williams

0 0%
  • Kemba Walker

1 2.94%
  • Jeff Teague

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #9 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

1) Chris Paul
    2) Russel Westbrook
    3) Stephen Curry
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Kyle Lowry
    6) Damian Lillard
    7) John Wall
    8) Kyrie Irving
    9)
    10)

2013 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Tony Parker
    3) Russel Westbrook
    4) Stephen Curry
    5) Kyrie Irving
    6) Deron Williams
    7) Rajon Rondo
    8) Mike Conley
    9) John Wall
    10) Ty Lawson

2012 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Russell Westbrook
    4) Deron Williams
    5) Rajon Rondo
    6) Tony Parker
    7) Steve Nash
    8) Kyrie Irving
    9) Kyle Lowry
    10) Ty Lawson

2011 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Derrick Rose
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Russell Westbrook
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Rajon Rondo
    7) Tony Parker
    8) Jason Kidd
    9) Chauncey Billups
    10) Stephen Curry

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Deron Williams
    2) Chris Paul
    3) Steve Nash
    4) Rajon Rondo
    5) Derrick Rose
    6) Chauncey Billups
    7) Russel Westbrook
    8) Tony Parker
    9) Jason Kidd
    10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Deron Williams
    3) Chauncey Billups
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Steve Nash
    6) Derrick Rose
    7) Devin Harris
    8) Rajon Rondo
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
    1) Chris Paul
    2) Steve Nash
    3) Deron Williams
    4) Baron Davis
    5) Tony Parker
    6) Jason Kidd
    7) Chauncey Billups
    8) Gilbert Arenas
    9) Jose Calderon
    10) Andre Miller

vCash
    Mods please sticky this thread. Thanks

vCash
    ty lawson time is here
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Mike Conley. He should have gone earlier IMO

vCash
    Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings (no offense to the idea, it's a fine concept), but he should probably be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings, but he should probably be gone.
    It is simply for fun and enjoyment. Meant to invoke discussion and debate amongst users. I would hardly call it worthless as we are at least getting the opinion of the PSD users of who the top players are at each position. It is for PSD and PSD only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    It is simply for fun and enjoyment. Meant to invoke discussion and debate amongst users. I would hardly call it worthless as we are at least getting the opinion of the PSD users of who the top players are at each position. It is for PSD and PSD only.
    I say it only because virtually nobody votes and there is terrible discussion.

I'd say that a top 3 rather than a drawn out top 10 (with a longer voting process on those 3) would probably invoke the more vigorous voting and debate we're looking for. As it is, it's dead.

vCash
    Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings (no offense to the idea, it's a fine concept), but he should probably be gone.
    It helps prove you're a blowhard who takes his opinion as fact. That said, you have an argument for picking Mike Conley higher. He's one of the best defensive point guards in the league.
    Kyle Lowry, in my opinion, deserved the number four spot. He contributed more to wins defensively and offensively than any other player picked since number four except for Wall, who contributed the most defensively. Wall was also a better floor general than anyone picked since Chris Paul, and his offense keeps getting better and going out farther.
    All in all, I could live with ranking Conley number six, but not ahead of Lowry and Wall. Even then, I still feel as if I'm snubbing Tony Parker and Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving had a really off year, but LeBron James is going to perk him up this season.

vCash
    Conley here, Bledsoe to close it out
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Conleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Lawson should have gone a lot earlier, way better than who's left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It helps prove you're a blowhard who takes his opinion as fact. That said, you have an argument for picking Mike Conley higher. He's one of the best defensive point guards in the league.
    Kyle Lowry, in my opinion, deserved the number four spot. He contributed more to wins defensively and offensively than any other player picked since number four except for Wall, who contributed the most defensively. Wall was also a better floor general than anyone picked since Chris Paul, and his offense keeps getting better and going out farther.
    All in all, I could live with ranking Conley number six, but not ahead of Lowry and Wall. Even then, I still feel as if I'm snubbing Tony Parker and Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving had a really off year, but LeBron James is going to perk him up this season.
    All I see is a rambling blowhard diatribe with nothing to back it up; Like basically every other post in these threads.

vCash

7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #9 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Rondo so underrated....

SWIGGITY SWOOTY, I'M COMIN FOR THAT BOOTY!

vCash
    ...tough choice.

vCash
    I say it only because virtually nobody votes and there is terrible discussion.

I'd say that a top 3 rather than a drawn out top 10 (with a longer voting process on those 3) would probably invoke the more vigorous voting and debate we're looking for. As it is, it's dead.
    so salty digs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast