Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Rice Retires

vCash

Rice Retires

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m

Per source, Sidney Rice's decision to retire arises from a history of concussions.
    Karma....It's a Biotch.

vCash
    Too bad for him, but you can't blame him either. Do we now make a play for Andre Johnson or just call it a day since Rice was not counted on anyways due to injury history?
    Karma....It's a Biotch.

vCash
    Word was he probably wasn't going to make the team as long as everyone else was healthy

Report: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice Is Retiring From The NFL http://t.co/RMtHnyIQr1

vCash
    Sucks, he would been solid for us this season.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Wish him the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner Down View Post
    Too bad for him, but you can't blame him either. Do we now make a play for Andre Johnson or just call it a day since Rice was not counted on anyways due to injury history?

You gotta do what you gotta do. in the words of Bob Marley, Money can't buy you Health!

would be nice to get Andre Johnson i think that make us favorites again but doubt it happens!

WR1 A.Johnson
    WR2 P.Harvin
    WR3 D.Baldwin
    Last edited by ryder78c; 07-24-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    I guarantee we were one of the teams calling HOU about Andre. Not sure we pull the trigger though. It would have to be a bargain (2nd round pick) and we would have to have a contract in place ready to be restructured. He already said he is willing to restructure a deal and I do believe he would take a discount to come play for Seattle. Now I don't know how much that discount will be. It might still be too spendy for Seattle. Plus I doubt HOU will want anything less than a first round pick for him. I doubt someone gives a first round pick for him unless it's NE or CLE. CLE has two first round picks next year and have a need at WR. I think he just stays in HOU

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Check out this article about Rice's career. Really interesting to think about what might have been. His advanced metrics were pretty amazing for a couple of years, in between being broken.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ould-have-been
    "There are many reasons the U.S. shouldn’t go to war with the Islamic State — and the best one may be because that is exactly what they want us to do." -- Dan Froomkin

vCash
    This is the reason I was such a big fan of him. His potential outweighed his injury concerns. I didn't realize how important and valuable he was until he got hurt. Wilson struggled a lot more after that. He still played well but it really shows how important a big receiver is, more so for Wilson than other QBs. Rice was always making big contested plays. He was never statistically the best in Seattle because Wilson likes to spread the ball and we run the ball more than anyone. I was a little shocked that we didn't go after a big receiver but I get the feeling Seattle is hoping Kearse can replace Rice. Doesn't quite have the size Rice does but he can still make huge contested plays downfield.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)