Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My Tiger Targets

It's a really bad time of the year to try to fix your bullpen but that is really where we are at right now. Forget getting one piece or even two, we need a complete overhaul. Here's some pieces I would suggest we go and get:

1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.

2. Antonio Bastardo, LHRP, Philly- He's not the best option but he's pretty solid and we can then FINALLY rid ourselves of Coke. I don't think he'd cost too much either.

3. Thayer or Stauffer, RHRP, SD- Both these guys are pretty proven bullpen guys that are not going to cost you too much but will supply some reliability in the pen for the 7th inning.

4. LaTroy Hawkins, RHRP/Closer, Colorado- Not a big name but the guy is having a very nice year. Another low cost guy that can fill in for the 7th or even close a game or two for you.

Get me three of these guys, preferrably both lefties, and one of the righties. This would put us in the drivers seat for the playoffs and beyond.

vCash
    Hoog, are you a FA? I'll take you over Coke right now.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    It's a really bad time of the year to try to fix your bullpen but that is really where we are at right now. Forget getting one piece or even two, we need a complete overhaul. Here's some pieces I would suggest we go and get:

1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.

2. Antonio Bastardo, LHRP, Philly- He's not the best option but he's pretty solid and we can then FINALLY rid ourselves of Coke. I don't think he'd cost too much either.

3. Thayer or Stauffer, RHRP, SD- Both these guys are pretty proven bullpen guys that are not going to cost you too much but will supply some reliability in the pen for the 7th inning.

4. LaTroy Hawkins, RHRP/Closer, Colorado- Not a big name but the guy is having a very nice year. Another low cost guy that can fill in for the 7th or even close a game or two for you.

Get me three of these guys, preferrably both lefties, and one of the righties. This would put us in the drivers seat for the playoffs and beyond.
    I'd like anyone on this list. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they signed some bum off of Woodward to pitch out of the bullpen. With that said though, I don't see the front office adding 3 relief pitchers at the deadline. I'm sure a deal will be made, but just for one player.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion

Solo Tackles: 8
    Assists: 6
    Combined Tackles: 14
    Sacks: 1
    Forced Fumbles: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Hoog, are you a FA? I'll take you over Coke right now.
    This.

Seriously just about anyone available for trade/rumored to be on the trade block would be an improvement from the trash we have in the first place, including Blow Nathan.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Go get Andrew Miller back. Like they never traded him for Miggy in the first place

vCash
    Latroy Hawkins is still alive?

vCash
    Ahoda, you don't want me, my arm has long been blown out. Back in the,day maybe. Guysir, not only is Hawkins still alive, he has an ERA under 3.00 and has saved 17 out of 18 this year. Worried about his age or arm? He threw 80 some innings last year and isn't close to that this year. He'd actually be a decent pick up.

vCash
    Ahoda, you don't want me, my arm has long been blown out. Back in the,day maybe. Guysir, not only is Hawkins still alive, he has an ERA under 3.00 and has saved 17 out of 18 this year. Worried about his age or arm? He threw 80 some innings last year and isn't close to that this year. He'd actually be a decent pick up.
    I was honestly shocked he's still in the league lol, I don't follow the non-Tigers teams close enough. I still remember him owning me as a Twinkie in an N64 game

Hey, if he can contribute, I'm in.

vCash
    Wheres Armondo Beneitz these days? Lets go get him, Darren Oliver, and LaTroy Hawkins.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash

I agree with you about Miller. He has been fantastic and would complete our bullpen for the post season imo.

According to Jon Morosi, the Tigers are still looking at bullpen arms. Maybe Miller is on their radar?

Edit: Wouldn't mind Bastardo either
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I agree with you about Miller. He has been fantastic and would complete our bullpen for the post season imo.

According to Jon Morosi, the Tigers are still looking at bullpen arms. Maybe Miller is on their radar?

Edit: Wouldn't mind Bastardo either
    Bastardo was reportedly an option for the Tigers but the Phillies kept trying to dump Paplebon in the deal as well. Tigers, understandably, walked away after that point. Or so we know.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Paplebons contract 2014: $13 million, 2015: $13 million, 2016: $13 million vesting option. Along with Nathans 11 million next year we would have 24 million tied up in two closers. OUCH !!!!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I agree with you on Miller 100%. I also think we will need to a depth to hour infield at short and it would make sense that Drew would at least be talked about in any deal Tigers make with Boston. Suarez is good, but beyond him we have no plan besides...(gulp)... Romine. I see us making one or two more deals to net us the depth we need to get to the series. One of them is for a solid LH reliever (Miller makes most sense) and a veteran SS like Drew, Zobrist, Hardy, Santiago, etc.
    The Man, The Myth, The legend? Oh, well, I am theoldgoalie!!!

vCash
    Unless the Rays totally fall apart this week no way they trade Zobrist.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I feel the same way as Jack. Besides that, the Rays have his contract timetable set-up perfectly for the onset of Ben's 10-5 Rights.