Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,740
    vCash
    1500

    My Tiger Targets

    It's a really bad time of the year to try to fix your bullpen but that is really where we are at right now. Forget getting one piece or even two, we need a complete overhaul. Here's some pieces I would suggest we go and get:

    1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.

    2. Antonio Bastardo, LHRP, Philly- He's not the best option but he's pretty solid and we can then FINALLY rid ourselves of Coke. I don't think he'd cost too much either.

    3. Thayer or Stauffer, RHRP, SD- Both these guys are pretty proven bullpen guys that are not going to cost you too much but will supply some reliability in the pen for the 7th inning.

    4. LaTroy Hawkins, RHRP/Closer, Colorado- Not a big name but the guy is having a very nice year. Another low cost guy that can fill in for the 7th or even close a game or two for you.

    Get me three of these guys, preferrably both lefties, and one of the righties. This would put us in the drivers seat for the playoffs and beyond.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,806
    vCash
    1500
    Hoog, are you a FA? I'll take you over Coke right now.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,339
    vCash
    4625
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    It's a really bad time of the year to try to fix your bullpen but that is really where we are at right now. Forget getting one piece or even two, we need a complete overhaul. Here's some pieces I would suggest we go and get:

    1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.

    2. Antonio Bastardo, LHRP, Philly- He's not the best option but he's pretty solid and we can then FINALLY rid ourselves of Coke. I don't think he'd cost too much either.

    3. Thayer or Stauffer, RHRP, SD- Both these guys are pretty proven bullpen guys that are not going to cost you too much but will supply some reliability in the pen for the 7th inning.

    4. LaTroy Hawkins, RHRP/Closer, Colorado- Not a big name but the guy is having a very nice year. Another low cost guy that can fill in for the 7th or even close a game or two for you.

    Get me three of these guys, preferrably both lefties, and one of the righties. This would put us in the drivers seat for the playoffs and beyond.
    I'd like anyone on this list. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they signed some bum off of Woodward to pitch out of the bullpen. With that said though, I don't see the front office adding 3 relief pitchers at the deadline. I'm sure a deal will be made, but just for one player.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion




    Solo Tackles: 8
    Assists: 6
    Combined Tackles: 14
    Sacks: 1
    Forced Fumbles: 1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    65,672
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Hoog, are you a FA? I'll take you over Coke right now.
    This.

    Seriously just about anyone available for trade/rumored to be on the trade block would be an improvement from the trash we have in the first place, including Blow Nathan.



    Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,836
    vCash
    1500
    Go get Andrew Miller back. Like they never traded him for Miggy in the first place

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    16,242
    vCash
    500
    Latroy Hawkins is still alive?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,740
    vCash
    1500
    Ahoda, you don't want me, my arm has long been blown out. Back in the,day maybe. Guysir, not only is Hawkins still alive, he has an ERA under 3.00 and has saved 17 out of 18 this year. Worried about his age or arm? He threw 80 some innings last year and isn't close to that this year. He'd actually be a decent pick up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    16,242
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Ahoda, you don't want me, my arm has long been blown out. Back in the,day maybe. Guysir, not only is Hawkins still alive, he has an ERA under 3.00 and has saved 17 out of 18 this year. Worried about his age or arm? He threw 80 some innings last year and isn't close to that this year. He'd actually be a decent pick up.
    I was honestly shocked he's still in the league lol, I don't follow the non-Tigers teams close enough. I still remember him owning me as a Twinkie in an N64 game

    Hey, if he can contribute, I'm in.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,806
    vCash
    1500
    Wheres Armondo Beneitz these days? Lets go get him, Darren Oliver, and LaTroy Hawkins.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,375
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    It's a really bad time of the year to try to fix your bullpen but that is really where we are at right now. Forget getting one piece or even two, we need a complete overhaul. Here's some pieces I would suggest we go and get:

    1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.
    I agree with you about Miller. He has been fantastic and would complete our bullpen for the post season imo.

    According to Jon Morosi, the Tigers are still looking at bullpen arms. Maybe Miller is on their radar?

    Edit: Wouldn't mind Bastardo either
    % of Souls Taken: 100

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    65,672
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I agree with you about Miller. He has been fantastic and would complete our bullpen for the post season imo.

    According to Jon Morosi, the Tigers are still looking at bullpen arms. Maybe Miller is on their radar?

    Edit: Wouldn't mind Bastardo either
    Bastardo was reportedly an option for the Tigers but the Phillies kept trying to dump Paplebon in the deal as well. Tigers, understandably, walked away after that point. Or so we know.



    Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,362
    vCash
    1500
    Paplebons contract 2014: $13 million, 2015: $13 million, 2016: $13 million vesting option. Along with Nathans 11 million next year we would have 24 million tied up in two closers. OUCH !!!!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ludington, MI
    Posts
    983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    1. Andrew Miller, LHRP, Boston- He's my number one target. He is having a phenominal year. He could shore up our LH issue but he's looking like he could be a dominant closer at some point. We could use him in both roles this year.
    I agree with you on Miller 100%. I also think we will need to a depth to hour infield at short and it would make sense that Drew would at least be talked about in any deal Tigers make with Boston. Suarez is good, but beyond him we have no plan besides...(gulp)... Romine. I see us making one or two more deals to net us the depth we need to get to the series. One of them is for a solid LH reliever (Miller makes most sense) and a veteran SS like Drew, Zobrist, Hardy, Santiago, etc.
    The Man, The Myth, The legend? Oh, well, I am theoldgoalie!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,362
    vCash
    1500
    Unless the Rays totally fall apart this week no way they trade Zobrist.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Mich.
    Posts
    436
    vCash
    1500
    I feel the same way as Jack. Besides that, the Rays have his contract timetable set-up perfectly for the onset of Ben's 10-5 Rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •