Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Opening 2015 in Philly?

Based on the most recent version of the 2015 schedule, the Red Sox will open next season April 6 against the Phillies in Philadelphia followed by a three-game series at Yankee Stadium before playing the Nationals in the home opener April 13, according to an ESPNBoston report.

The schedule is being reviewed by all major league teams and could be revised.

The Red Sox will play all National League East teams, squaring off against the Braves in back-to-back two-game series in Boston and Atlanta in June, hosting the Marlins in July then playing in Miami in August, and visiting the Mets in late August. The last interleague series would be against the Phillies at Fenway in early September.

The Orioles are scheduled to play at Fenway for the annual Patriots’ Day game. The Yankees‘ first visit to Fenway is May 1-3. The Sox close the season Oct. 4 against the Indians in Cleveland.
    weei.com

I really don't like the idea of opening the season with the NL. I realize that SOMEONE has to do it but it just feels wrong.

vCash
    Realize they take weather into consideration but it sure would be nice to open a season at Fenway again.

vCash
    To cold April 1 in Boston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    Doesn't change the fact we have still opened in Boston and it has snowed on other teams home openers, weather is apart of the sport. Every fan base deserves a season opener, there isn't anything like it. Home Openers are okay, but if you got swept the series before or 1-2 it can kill the vibes, nothing like starting a season at home.

2002 TOR---April 1st
    2009 Tampa--April 7th
    2010 Yankees--April 4th

vCash
    I actually kinda like it since we usually dominate the NL. It could set us up for a great start to 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    Then why not Tampa? I understand the issues related to weather and have pointed them out in the past. It's AL vs NL that bothers me.

vCash
    It's cold in Philly too. I don't really care, but it's funny when they open in places like Detroit, but never open at home. Opening in the NL is annoying. AL and NL have to play once every series, for the opening series they should always make it so the AL team is at home. It messes too much with the roster at the beginning of the season, when there is already a lot of time off.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 07-24-2014 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    Boston @ Miami in August!! Yes!!