Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do we really somehow want to make the playoffs?

What would be the purpose? We would be facing much better pitching and facing teams that for the most part hit well. It would just be postponing the agony.

This team just does not have what it takes. I know the pitching is injured much more than most teams but even if they all were healthy.....we don't score runs. I know it does not feel right to hold up the white flag with so many games to go but I think it would be practical to look at being sellers and bringing up some of our limited minor league players and giving them some playing time.

This team is too old. There is no fire. It really is getting pathetic. I don't know exactly what it is but something is wrong with their attitude. It's almost like they are going through the motions.

I think Gerardi should go. He looks like he has given up at times. Even Derek has that, 'can't wait till this is over sense about him.' Nobody is a bigger fan of his than me but having watched him for so long you can see it. Last night he barely forced himself to run hard to first when he saw he was going to be out easily. I also noticed lately that when someone hits a home run he does not always stand on the top step to greet and high five them. He sits on the top step and pats them on the back as they pass by.

Overhaul with youth time. Forget about another Core Four....a Core Two would be a nice start.

Go Yanks! Always love them.
    Last edited by 7chuck7; 07-23-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Yes. Here is why
    Mo missing the playoffs his final season, imo, absolutely sucked
    I would hate for that to happen to jeter as well
    Also, once you get in the postseason anything can happen
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes. Here is why
    Mo missing the playoffs his final season, imo, absolutely sucked
    I would hate for that to happen to jeter as well
    Also, once you get in the postseason anything can happen
    I hear what you are saying and those are good points. Trust me, I love when they win. I just think we should bite the bullet and start rebuilding now.

-- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    The Yankees will never rebuild. They just can't. So of course it makes sense to try for the postseason as long it doesn't destroy the farm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    I hear what you are saying and those are good points. Trust me, I love when they win. I just think we should bite the bullet and start rebuilding now.
    I don't feel the yanks ever need to rebuild with the money they have. They could do a much better job of making trades and drafting and working prospects though. I've been a fan during many crap years of yankee seasons and it feels like watching paint dry really slowly during this process. I'd rather barely make the playoffs and have a shot at our guys catching fire at the right time then give up and attempt to rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    They Yanks should finish with 81 wins and go home at the end of the regular season. Much better than a shot at a championship.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    If the yanks "go for it" just to try to get Derek into the playoffs again.... I would rather they worry about 2015 and beyond... that is the worst reason to go for it.. if they go for it to try to win this thing.. that's fine...

Let's face it.. if Derek was not a legend... Derek would be riding pine... He runs like a statue and plays SS the same way... He's a singles hitter (when he hits)... The normal player who has fallen to this level would be either on the pine or DFA'd.... Babe Ruth had a better last season with NY and they simply let him go... Derek earned the accolades 10 years ago.. but he's not that guy anymore.. now he's creating a long list of errors if he gets to the ball at all... which sadly, he's not getting to most that Ryan would.

Yes, it sucked missing last year... would you rather trade with KC who has not sniffed the playoffs in 2 decades?

Let's face it.. The yanks are old.. and with AGE and without PED's... players break down... how many of those broken down players used to do the PED's and the drugs caused the issues? That I don't know and won't speculate..

Still, the Yanks need to think long term and not at OCT '14... but the years beyond. The Yanks have some servicable parts that can bring some return... get some prospects out of them and move on... we lose Derek at the end of the year and A-Rod will be back soon after that... Those will be an upgrade...of course the Bronze Bust that will join the HOF of Derek in 5 years could also field better than the real thing at this point too.

vCash
    You guys are hilarious. The red sox last year werent world series favorites. Yet they found a way to win it all!

the Yanks have lost 4 out of 5 starters…. And yet are 3.... Yes 3 games back of 1st place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    You guys are hilarious. The red sox last year werent world series favorites. Yet they found a way to win it all!

the Yanks have lost 4 out of 5 starters…. And yet are 3.... Yes 3 games back of 1st place.
    this X1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post

The Sox were not favorites last year because they did so bad the year before. "Worst to first"!
    Remember that?

They made moves during the 2012/2013 off- season and those guys performed well, maybe even above their heads but the chemistry was there. They played with a winning, cocky attitude all year long and they won. Beard pulling and all. I saw Pedroia in a post game interview last year and he said, 'I don't want to come across as arrogant but quite honestly, we think we will win every game when we step on the field and we are not afraid of being behind. We know we will come back.'

Heard that from any Yankee this year? I can't stand the Sox but credit where credit is due. They were butt kickers last year and they knew it.

The Yankees have done nothing like that. What is their excuse for not being able to hit and score runs? You have to score. This year if the Yanks are behind 5-1 in the 4th or 5th the game is basically over.

Last year if the Sox were behind like that you expected them to come back. Listen, we all love the Yankees but not to the point of being blind. Yes they are hurting but the truth of the matter, for a number of reasons is that, this team sucks.

They need to rebuild and spend time and money on young players. Not ex-stars. Take a look at the A's.

Still.......Go Yanks!
    Last edited by 7chuck7; 07-23-2014 at 07:46 AM.

vCash
    When I saw this thread I knew it had to be a 7chuck thread.

Boy was I right.

vCash

vCash
    The postseason can be a crapshoot. The overall quality of the roster often takes a backseat to the timing of performance. Anything can happen once in. So long as decisions aren't made that unjustifiably hinder the future, it's difficult to object to making the postseason.

vCash
    You have to be kidding me. This is baseball. Not the NBA.
    Every team that makes the playoffs can win the World Series in baseball.

Of course you want them to get in. Once they get in, they can get lucky and get on a 1 month hot streak and win it all.

vCash
    That's the point of playing, " you play to win the game" not to get a higher draft pick and pray the pick becomes a mlb player.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast