Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 129
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    1500

    2015/2016 Offseason

    Just wanted to get everyone's input on what might be done next off season. Currently as it stands well have 8 players under contract for somewhere around 46.2 mill. If the cap stays the same that means well be 17 mill under the cap. What do you think the plan should be ?.. Go after someone like Aldridge on a max deal, even if be be comes over this season and next we would have 10 players under contract (if we sign Aldridge as Amir's replacement/ super upgrade) and would be at or just above the cap...or do we wait.. For the following off season when Lebron and KD are available lol.... Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,218
    vCash
    1500
    28 million of expiring. Aldridge or Millsap could be a nice addition to this core.

    Durant is from DC, Wiz are preparing hard. The man maybe homesick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    28 million of expiring. Aldridge or Millsap could be a nice addition to this core.

    Durant is from DC, Wiz are preparing hard. The man maybe homesick.
    Are you forgetting GV, Lowry and Pats raises with Amirs potential raise then Noggy and Brunos contract alongside Daniels and our first next year. We don't have cap space at all.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,795
    vCash
    1090
    Aren't Ross and Valanciunas FA's at that point? I assume they will be resigned.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    We'll have plenty of cap space next year if we let Amir go. I'd love to take a run at Millsap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Aren't Ross and Valanciunas FA's at that point? I assume they will be resigned.
    They aren't RFAs until 2016/17.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Are you forgetting GV, Lowry and Pats raises with Amirs potential raise then Noggy and Brunos contract alongside Daniels and our first next year. We don't have cap space at all.
    You rarely post in here, what's going on?

    Anyway, I used this source. So I don't know how accurate this site is ... Check 2015-16 season.

    Your post is based on this season. Thread is about the season after when Amir/Hayes/Fields/Lou/Hans salaries are off the books.

    http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...es/raptors.jsp

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    You rarely post in here, what's going on?

    Anyway, I used this source. So I don't know how accurate this site is ... Check 2015-16 season.

    Your post is based on this season. Thread is about the season after when Amir/Hayes/Fields/Lou/Hans salaries are off the books.

    http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...es/raptors.jsp
    Life's caught up bra lol.

    Also i was basing my post of an Amir raise. Unless we trade Amir this off season, I see absolutely no way MU let's Amir walk no matter what. If PPat is worth 6M then imagine what Amir will command?

    Can't say he'll take a hometown discount either because Lowry still asked for 12M. Amir can easily get 8 or 9M, especially with how widely accepted advanced stats has become.
    Don't forget Nogueira who's contract should be slightly higher than what Bruno is going to make this year. That's adding another 10M from 2 players easily to our roster.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Life's caught up bra lol.

    Also i was basing my post of an Amir raise. Unless we trade Amir this off season, I see absolutely no way MU let's Amir walk no matter what. If PPat is worth 6M then imagine what Amir will command?

    Can't say he'll take a hometown discount either because Lowry still asked for 12M. Amir can easily get 8 or 9M, especially with how widely accepted advanced stats has become.
    Don't forget Nogueira who's contract should be slightly higher than what Bruno is going to make this year. That's adding another 10M from 2 players easily to our roster.
    Amir play his heart out even on a non contract year, how much more can this warrior give especially on a season that he is due of an extension.

    However I am sure Masai already aware who is out there as far as Free Agent Starting Power Forwards...Millsap and Aldridge are available. I am sure Masai will have to decide before he sits down with Amir's agent.

    Amir - 7 mil expiring
    Landry - 6.25 mil expiring
    Hayes - 5.95 mil expiring
    Lou - 5.45 mil expiring
    Hans - 3.3 mil expiring

    That's a ton of expiring eagles.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Life's caught up bra lol.

    Also i was basing my post of an Amir raise. Unless we trade Amir this off season, I see absolutely no way MU let's Amir walk no matter what. If PPat is worth 6M then imagine what Amir will command?

    Can't say he'll take a hometown discount either because Lowry still asked for 12M. Amir can easily get 8 or 9M, especially with how widely accepted advanced stats has become.
    Don't forget Nogueira who's contract should be slightly higher than what Bruno is going to make this year. That's adding another 10M from 2 players easily to our roster.
    Even if we do re-sign Amir we should still have $7-8M in cap space. Then again if you can upgrade Amir with Millsap or another PF then money won't be an issue b/c you don't need to re-sign him in that situation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Even if we do re-sign Amir we should still have $7-8M in cap space. Then again if you can upgrade Amir with Millsap or another PF then money won't be an issue b/c you don't need to re-sign him in that situation.
    How do you figure that? We'll be at about $14M above cap this year, with Bebe's contract. Next year, Patterson, Val, and Ross all get the usual raises, plus we have two more first round picks plus Daniels. That puts us at about $18M over cap, with $27M in expiring.

    That gives us some cap room only if we don't sign Amir... If we do, we'll be at around the cap mark, with the usual MLE to spend.

    The only way we're bring in something big is through a trade, where we pass on these expiring contracts to someone else who can make better use of them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    The salary cap will go up again next year, probably to $66-67M range. And we only have one 1st next year.

    In 2015/16:
    Lowry- 12M
    DeRozan- 10.1M
    Vasquez- 6.6M
    Patterson- 6.27M
    Valanciunas- 4.66M
    Ross- 3.55M
    Johnson- 2.5M
    Caboclo- 1.5M
    Nogueira- 1.5M
    2015 1st- ~1.5M
    Daniels- ~1M

    Total: 11 players, roughly $51.18M

    Salary Cap this year is $63.065M this year, and is expected to increase again next year.
    The NBA salary cap is expected to increase some again for 2015-16 then make a much bigger leap the year after that when the money from a new national television deal floods the market.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-76-8-million/

    So, assuming it is somewhere in the 66-67 range, signing Amir to a ~7-8M/yr deal will bring us up to $58-59M range, giving us 7-8ish million in cap space.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    2015 1st- ~1.5M
    Raps don't have a first round pick next season, they have first round two picks in 2016 (their own and the Knicks).

    I love Amir, don't want to see him go, but there are already concerns over the state of his ankles, and questions surrounding why he didn't get surgery/if he needs to get surgery. To me this could be his last season with the Raptors, or maybe they try and bring him back at a discount? (unless he proves his ankles are fine this year): http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...big_worry.html

    Anyways, after next season the Raps will have about $40.5 committed: Lowry- 12M, DeRozan- 10.1M, Vasquez- 6.6M, Patterson- 6.27M, Johnson - 2.5M, Caboclo- 1.5M, Nogueira- 1.5M, Daniels- 1M

    So they should have around 26-27M for the next offseason. They'll obviously bring back Val, I'd say this season determine what happens with Ross. Amir definitely remains in question.

    I personally think Masai will try and re-sign key players and solidify the core, won't go over the cap this year and will sign on one-year contracts that won't hamper their position in 2016 (they have two first rounders that year too so they could go pretty hard on key players, knowing they can fill the ends of the bench through the draft if need be).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsportsfan View Post
    Raps don't have a first round pick next
    season, they have first round two picks in 2016 (their own and the Knicks).
    No, we have a 1st rounder in 2015.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    No, we have a 1st rounder in 2015.
    So yeah, I may only be viewing sites listing transactions and potential transactions of upcoming drafts, rather than ones just listing out who is picking in what year. That may have been why I thought Toronto had no pick in the next draft. So that would drop it about another 1.5M then.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsportsfan View Post
    So yeah, I may only be viewing sites listing transactions and potential transactions of upcoming drafts, rather than ones just listing out who is picking in what year. That may have been why I thought Toronto had no pick in the next draft. So that would drop it about another 1.5M then.
    The info I posted is correct, we have a little over 51M committed next year. You're missing Valanciunas and Ross's club options. They will definitely be back next year, they aren't RFAs until 2016/17.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •