Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Around MLB: part 4

There's part 3:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...und-MLB-Part-3

Here is some news: Cubs DFA Darwin Barney.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    There's part 3:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...und-MLB-Part-3

Here is some news: Cubs DFA Darwin Barney.
    Wow, they were so high on that guy.

vCash
    Id like to sign him to a minor league deal

vCash
    Too bad they already signed Uggla. I'd take Barney over Uggla any day.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    It's raining second basemen!!!!

vCash
    I'd be pretty surprised if Barney even got to a point where the Giants could take him. Wouldn't every other NL team have to pass first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    I'd be pretty surprised if Barney even got to a point where the Giants could take him. Wouldn't every other NL team have to pass first?
    Yes, you're probably right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Almost every other team.

vCash
    I would be down with taking a look at Barney, but he is ONLY a defensive 2B. He has been a black-hole at the plate now for 2 years, and even when he was "good", he was just OK.

Between him and Uggla, I would rather take my flier with Uggla. He has the track-record of being superior at one time, and was in a bad situation in Atlanta that was just spiraling. Uggla may be done (likely is), but I think the potential pay-off with him is considerably higher than the potential payoff with Barney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Almost every other team.
    This.

The Nats "pick" after us. Although, with his 2.3M contract, and no options, I would not be surprised if he clears waivers and stays with the Cubs.

vCash
    Soria was traded to the Tigers for two pitching prospects.
    Cameron Maybin was suspended 25 games for amphetamines.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calsnowskier:28834215
    I would be down with taking a look at Barney, but he is ONLY a defensive 2B. He has been a black-hole at the plate now for 2 years, and even when he was "good", he was just OK.

Between him and Uggla, I would rather take my flier with Uggla. He has the track-record of being superior at one time, and was in a bad situation in Atlanta that was just spiraling. Uggla may be done (likely is), but I think the potential pay-off with him is considerably higher than the potential payoff with Barney.
    Uggla also has a much higher chance to put up a severely negative WAR. At least with Barney you know you're definitely getting an elite glove.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Soria was traded to the Tigers for two pitching prospects.
    Cameron Maybin was suspended 25 games for amphetamines.
    Alonso, Evreth, Wasn't Grandal suspended too? They're now the San Diego Seahawks.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Alonso, Evreth, Wasn't Grandal suspended too? They're now the San Diego Seahawks.
    Yea, Grendal was suspended lest year (I think the suspension bled into this season as well, IIRC).

A poster on another board is a huge Padre fan and even huger Giants hater. He could not shut up about Mota a couple years back and claimed that everything the Giants do is tainted and how they are the embarrassment of the league because of their link to Roids. I asked him for the link to the story about Grendal and Cabrera getting released by the Padres and his response was a simple "Really?"

I am sure he has some new excuse for Maybin now as well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    Uggla also has a much higher chance to put up a severely negative WAR. At least with Barney you know you're definitely getting an elite glove.
    Aren't Panik/Adrianza considered good or even borderline/elite gloves as of now (and can potentially get better)?

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast