Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees Acquire Chase Headley

Jack Curry of YES Network reports that the Yankees are finalizing a deal to acquire third baseman Chase Headley from the Padres.

No word yet on what the Padres will receive in return, but it will obviously be a lot less than they could have received a year or two ago. He's also due to be a free agent this offseason. Headley is batting just .229/.296/.355 with seven home runs and 32 RBI over 77 games this season, but he has played better of late and could finish strong in the hitter-friendly Yankee Stadium. There's no question that he's an upgrade over what the Yankees currently have at third base. Jul 22 - 1:06 PM
    Source: Jack Curry on Twitter

According to @JonHeymanCBS, Yanks send Solarte, and Class A RHP Rafael DePaula to SD. Padres pay $1M of Headley's contract.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 07-22-2014 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    nice move for peanuts

vCash

Solarte and DePaula to Padres.

vCash

Who's DePaula?

vCash
    I really can't like any move that helps the Yankees, but being a Dodger fan I can't help but like when teams in the NL West prove that they are absolutely dysfunctional.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Who's DePaula?
    I think a single A righty

vCash
    Rafael De Paula

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=depaul000raf

High upside arm, (check those strikeout numbers) but he has had control problems the last 2 seasons. Maybe he resurges. I had hopes for him. Either way what a steal. I will gladly take a chance with Chase Headley

John Sickels synopsis for De Paula

Rafael De Paula, RHP, Grade C+: Extremely effective in Low-A but High-A hitters exposed flaws with his command and secondary pitches. A lot of people jumped off the bandwagon but his fastball is so good that he can be a useful bullpen asset even with erratic secondaries.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash

No such thing as a steal for a team that was gonna let him walk anyways. They got mediocrity for Headley but maybe these guys will find a home in San Diego. If DePaula does have the upside arm live it says, then I mean, it's not a steal. It's indifferent for the Padres and a good deal for the Yankees.

vCash
    Headley is def a good buy low candidate for the Yankees, hopefully the change of scenery will do him good. Solarte was great at the beginning of the year, has really struggled the last 2 months and needs more seasoning in the minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    No such thing as a steal for a team that was gonna let him walk anyways. They got mediocrity for Headley but maybe these guys will find a home in San Diego. If DePaula does have the upside arm live it says, then I mean, it's not a steal. It's indifferent for the Padres and a good deal for the Yankees.
    Yea I exaggerated a bit on that part. Im just thrilled that prospects like Aaron Judge, Luis Severino, etc were not moved. This teams track record shows that they like to package their "better" prospects for "rental" type players. I have hope for De Paula but he has struggled for 2 years and he may be destined for a BP role. To clarify, not so much a steal, just a much better deal than I though.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    What is the purpose of this? Is this a desperate attempt by the Yankees to stay relevant? Surely Cashman hasn't deluded himself into thinking that they have a shot at the playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Solarte was great at the beginning of the year, has really struggled the last 2 months and needs more seasoning in the minors.
    Solarte is 27 and has 9 years and almost 3000 minor league plate appearances.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    He's hitting .229 with seven home runs. He'll fit right in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    Yea I exaggerated a bit on that part. Im just thrilled that prospects like Aaron Judge, Luis Severino, etc were not moved. This teams track record shows that they like to package their "better" prospects for "rental" type players. I have hope for De Paula but he has struggled for 2 years and he may be destined for a BP role. To clarify, not so much a steal, just a much better deal than I though.
    Heh yeah, sorry I overreacted a bit.

You're spot on with that, Headley has just not been very valuable since 2012, he lost value because the guy just can't hit, I guess Solarte and DePaula were the best they were gonna get, who knows, this could work out nicely for both. Headley definitely just needed a change of scenery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    What is the purpose of this? Is this a desperate attempt by the Yankees to stay relevant? Surely Cashman hasn't deluded himself into thinking that they have a shot at the playoffs?
    Pretty much.. but like others said maybe a change of scenery will help both players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast