Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dunga new CBF coach

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/brazil-...39952?mobile=y

Unreal, no wonder Romario says what he says. Why would you go back to something that didn't work?

vCash
    It almost seems surreal, definitely an unexpected decision... I really have no idea wtf they are thinking with this selection but I'm hoping it was done based on set criteria instead of just picking at random from a hat.

Record wise, Dunga was actually one of the best coaches of the past 20 years for us, 75% pts won over 4 years is pretty impressive.

Trophy wise, he did win everything, Copa America, Confed Cup, 1st in qualifiers... except for the one thing that mattered. The Olympics we got beat by a much superior Argentina with U23 Messi so they had a massive advantage with their veteran selection, can't really fault him for that. The loss against the Dutch is only partly his fault too, if your keeper is gonna take a weak goal like that you can pretty much give up on your hopes of winning the WC. We were dominating that game until the second half... hard to blame him for Julio Cesar and Felipe Melo's collective blunder.

Tactical wise, he's decent I guess, he did have a sound tactical plan with a good emphasis on compact lines and hitting your opponents with through balls to take advantage of mobile forwards. His tandem of Kaka-Elano was pretty damn effective in doing that but unfortunately Kaka took a massive hit to form and Elano got killed by the Ivorians in the group stage. His set plays were quite effective, that I'll give to him, probably his best legacy from his era.

Selection wise, I'd say poor if only for the 2010 squad he made. A lot of irregularities, not enough emphasis on taking youth so they were ready for 2014. Neymar and Ganso should have been as subs just like Thiago Silva was so they had a taste of things to come. We did the same to Ronaldo 94, Kaka 2002, Germany did the same in 2014, it's a known practice to take your up and comers for experience. Another mistake? No player that could offer something new when put on the game. He put Nilmar, same as Robinho. Put Dani Alves, same as Maicon. He probably should of taken Dinho if only for the surprise factor.

Attitude wise, he'll set David Luiz straight or he won't be coming to Copa America 2015. He should be able to bring some balance to this 'media' side, hopefully Neymar lays off the social hubs while he's playing the ****ing competition of his life and David Luiz stops being a crybaby. This guy is a general so hopefully he'll add some discipline to the young fellas.

Felipe Melo is the happiest guy on the planet right now

vCash
    Do you think Luiz could play as a RB? He can't handle the CB position, too much responsibility for him. If I were PSG I would use him there since he likes to roam up to the other box and has a good shot
    Last edited by el_primo_nano; 07-22-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Wrong player

vCash
    I hope you mean Luiz and made a mistake

vCash
    Lol, yeah. Whoops!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el_primo_nano View Post
    Do you think Luiz could play as a RB? He can't handle the CB position, too much responsibility for him. If I were PSG I would use him there since he likes to roam up to the other box and has a good shot
    Not sure he's fast enough to play a very effective RB, he could probably be usable there but a guy like Danilo or even Rafael (I'm willing to pardon him after his horrendous mistake in the Olympics gold) I think should be given a chance to prove themselves, especially Danilo... there are several Porto players who I think are due for a call up lol. Alex Sandro and Danilo, I'd love to see them both on some friendlies, they really are due for a chance, Casemiro should be tested too.

I'd say try David as a sweeper, really surprised Felipao never tried that with the players he had... Thiago and Miranda/Marquinhos and let David do his thing, he's not a terrible defender but he's clueless so put 2 CB behind him and let him run all over the park like he already does.

I don't think Dunga will be bold enough to try a 3-5-2 though. He will definitely start the most tenacious DM available and at least 1 more CM that has decent defensive qualities. Gustavo had a good WC but the way I see it, Dunga probably thinks he's a bit soft and not his type of enforcer. He may give a chance to Fernando of Man City if he decides to accept it (bastard offered his services to Portugal). If this was 3 years ago, he'd give Ralf the spot

The one thing I like about Dunga is he does search the entire planet for good options... but then he tries to be cute and chooses some nobodies like Dudu Cearense

I'm curious as to whether he will start a striker or not, we don't have any good ones so going with Neymar-Lucas like Mano did at times would be great. I know for sure he's gonna call up Firmino and Coutinho which is great

vCash
    RIP joga bonito. the pitbull is coming back http://haberciniz.biz/felipe-melodan...ov-8372-2g.jpg

vCash
    Haaaaaa!!!

vCash
    He's actually a decent DM but it's time to try new ideas

It's been forgotten but he actually assisted on the Robinho goal against the Dutch

vCash
    I like melo

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hizpcstr View Post
    I like melo
    His only problem is his attitude, was already naturally bad and with Dunga it just became a whole lot worse... this is the downside with having Dunga, he can make soft guys disciplined (Kaka, Robinho) but he turns the thugs into violent bone breakers (Melo, Fabuloso)

The "good" thing with the generation going into 2018 is that they are all soft... not one of them looks to be a thug, but Neymar may get his fair share of reds for opening his mouth too much under Dunga

First call up is in a month, Dunga has already stated he was going to coordinate with the U23 coach to get a team ready for the Copa 2015 and Olympics 2016 so I'm hoping he will get a mix of best talent and youth, leaning towards youth

GK: Diego Alves, Rafael, Gabriel
    CB: Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Miranda, Doria (David Luiz)
    RB: Danilo, Rafael (Rafinha)
    LB: Alex Sandro, Filipe Luis
    DM: Fernando (City), Romulo (Pitbull)
    CM: Fernandinho, Casemiro
    AM: Coutinho, Oscar, Lucas Moura, Everton Ribeiro
    WF: Neymar, Firmino, Rafa Alcantara
    ST: Luiz Adriano

Rafael
    Danilo - Thiago Silva - Miranda (Marquinhos) - Filipe Luis (Alex Sandro)
    Fernando - Fernandinho (Casemiro)
    Lucas Moura (Everton Ribeiro) - Coutinho - Oscar (Firmino)
    Neymar (Luiz Adriano)

vCash
    Its like you are in a room with 19 geniuses and one guy with a down-syndrome and you pick the guy with the down-syndrome

One contender less in Copa and the next WC (if he makes it that far)
    I feel it for Neymar... Injury-riddled season, couldnt fit with Messi, dominates the WC but gets injured for the most important matches, sees his nation get raped, and now a ****** will be his coach that didnt even pick him in 2010 despite Pele telling him to.. No to add the Pato and Ronaldinho snubs.. Some nations dont get the memo i suppose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alencp3 View Post
    Its like you are in a room with 19 geniuses and one guy with a down-syndrome and you pick the guy with the down-syndrome

One contender less in Copa and the next WC (if he makes it that far)
    I feel it for Neymar... Injury-riddled season, couldnt fit with Messi, dominates the WC but gets injured for the most important matches, sees his nation get raped, and now a ****** will be his coach that didnt even pick him in 2010 despite Pele telling him to.. No to add the Pato and Ronaldinho snubs.. Some nations dont get the memo i suppose
    Not gonna defend him but we definitely don't have geniuses waiting to be picked lol. Probably should of gone with Pep when we had the chance... but it's too late for that now that he's on a project with Bayern

But I still think he's an ok coach, nothing amazing but he did win everything except for that match against the Dutch in 2010... he had a sound gameplan and it worked against every team he faced, even in that fateful quarters when we dominated up to that horrendous own goal by Melo

If he can learn from his mistakes I believe he can do better: not instill emotional stress to his players, select players that allow for better tactical variation, don't gamble on players just before the big event

His discipline will be great for David Luiz and Neymar, let's be honest there... these guys are in need of a good "whipping," he will also work on a tactical plan that won't rely 100% on Neymar which is something we need as well

The only thing I hope doesn't happen is him selecting just the most physically imposing players... he has a tendency to take those players due to efficiency in set plays and in stopping opponent's play

vCash
    If i was gonna award a " second chance" id much rather give it to Luxemburgo....

Btw Hoops.

How in hell did Tele Santana never get the job back?

vCash
    tele santana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast