Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who should start at the SF spot , MDJ or McDermott ?

Yes the question many of us will be thinking heading into the season , the vet or the rook . On paper it makes sense to start MDJ because he's use to the system and Doug needs to build his confidence facing 2nd stringers but is it really that simple ? Yes Thibs is known for not playing Rookies "heavy "mins let along starting them but is this a different situation of a team with 3 rookie players ? Yes I agree Doug still has ways to go but is it best for him to develop with the starters rather than playing in between Snell and another Rookie Mirotic ?

Rose
    Jimmy
    Doug
    Gasol
    Noah

Or

Rose
    Jimmy
    MDJ
    Gasol
    Noah.

vCash
    Dunleavy.

vCash
    To start the season, definitely MDJ. I think he'll play well off of Rose and we need McD's versatility to power the second unit.

vCash
    is this a serious question? mdjr easily

we have no idea if doug will be good enough to handle such a thing as playing/thriving in the nba
    Last edited by abe_froman; 07-21-2014 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    During most of the year I see MDJr getting the nod. But come playoff time, perhaps we'll see him make enough progress to garner attention in the starting lineup

vCash
    Yes I agree Dunleavy should start , it all depends on how Doug advances as a player . But we've been looking for Taj to start over Booz most of last year and nothing changed . Doug will have to make a serious charge come training camp .

vCash

This year? MDJ (At least to start out)

Next year? I see McBucketts, I feel like he could have a quick adjustment to the league like Jimmy Buckets. Hah, just came up for a nickname for when they play side by side - the Buckets Bros!

vCash
    Dunleavy without a doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    is this a serious question? mdjr easily

we have no idea if doug will be good enough to handle such a thing as playing/thriving in the nba
    This.

vCash
    I disagree with most here and say McDermott. I think breaking up the young guys by having them in separate units could be beneficial. I also feel that McDermott has significantly more talent and versatility than dunleavy. Though I do like dunleavy.

vCash
    MDJ will start, but I could see McDermott taking it from him this season. All Doug really has to prove to Thibbs is that he can D up consistently IMO, then Thibbs will give him the reigns.

vCash
    And this may sound crazy, but I'm already rather confident that McDermotts the better offensive player, even though he's yet to play in the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    And this may sound crazy, but I'm already rather confident that McDermotts the better offensive player, even though he's yet to play in the NBA.
    There's something about the organization's atypical aggressive maneuvering to go up and get him mixed with thibs verbal praise of him (keep in mind thibs has worked with him with the team USA stuff) that makes this situation feel different than your usual thibs/rookie situation. At least in my opinion.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    I disagree with most here and say McDermott. I think breaking up the young guys by having them in separate units could be beneficial. I also feel that McDermott has significantly more talent and versatility than dunleavy. Though I do like dunleavy.
    That's why I brought it up in the 1st post is it smart to play Doug with other young players instead of having him develop with vets in a lineup . Kirk / Dunleavy and Taj with snell and Mirotic is a very nice calming Balance with the bench . It's almost a must we hope Doug develops faster to start because he's a better college shooter than Mike was which is irrelevant but I think he's just a better 3pt shooter in general than Mike.

vCash
    Doug is also going to be playing against stars in two weeks for Team USA so it prob wouldn't be far fetched if he won the SF during training camp and pre season . Dunleavy as of now just because he's the vet but if you ask what my heart wants it's Doug that I want starting .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast