Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Celtics to sign Evan Turner

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
    Celtics finishing deal for FA Evan Turner, sources tell Herald. He will get a portion of their mid-level exception.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    I don't really understand this move, hope Danny has something in mind.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    Minnesota really likes Turner... Maybe if Cleveland deal falls through and GS deal falls through, we get Love. I think we're in 3rd place right now in the Love sweepstakes.

vCash
    Cant trade him until december

vCash
    Makes Green expendable, and Turner could turn into a cheap asset by the deadline.

vCash
    Turner looks like will be a great addition to the Celtics if he can discover his potiential. He was good with the Sixers but fell off playing with the Pacers so maybe a new system here will help him. Hopefully with Rondo/Smart passing him the ball he can finally achieve. Green hopefully will be shipped out to make it happen

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash
    Why on Earth have the Lakers not already done this?!

I guess signing Evan Turner could dry up the SF market a bit, making Green easier to trade.

vCash
    He's more of a 2 than anything IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's more of a 2 than anything IMO.
    Even at 6'7"?

vCash

Celtics to sign Evan Turner

This team now has what 20 players under contract? Interesting to see how this roster shakes out going into the regular season.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Green better be getting traded or else IDK what DA is doing.

vCash
    Interested to see what DA has up his sleeve. Too many people on this roster.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Based on what I've seen:

He's a SF.

He shoots poorly for a shooter.

He doesn't play D.

He's a decent passer/rebounder.

He's a knucklehead.

He's not as good as Green.

However:

If we are trying to tank and/or Stevens sees something - then it's a good move.

Five years from now almost for sure a largely forgotten move.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Interested to see what DA has up his sleeve. Too many people on this roster.
    For sure. A trade with multiple players going out and 1 coming back, could solve the problem quickly. Bogans, Johnson, Babb also have non-guaranteed contracts and could be out in a flash.

vCash
    Sixers fan here and wanted to put in my 2 cents.

1) Does anyone know exactly how much he signed for?

2) I have defended Evan Turner since he was drafted #2 overall. Defended him to the point I think I am the President of his fan club. With ET, in my opinion, you could have a serious bargain. When we drafted him, he was coming off the National Player of the Year award at Ohio St. Highly regarded as one of the more "NBA Ready" guys before the draft. When he came to the team, Doug Collins, who was our coach at the time, handled him in the worst way possible. With Turner, I believe a lot of it is mental. A team as bad as the Sixers needed a boost from a guy like this. Instead of playing him right away, or really letting him get in the groove, Doug brought him off the bench in favor of Jodie Meeks because it fit the system we had with Iguodala at the 3 (not a known 3 point shooter). Jodie Meeks. This guy was NPOY in college and Jodie Meeks started over him. That was a major burn to his confidence that I feel he never got back. When finally given the opportunity to kind of take charge under Brett Brown's (new coach) system, he played pretty well. Showed he could score, rebound really well for a 2, and dish the rock. Sure he had his frustrating plays, but also the talent around him was awful so typically the top wing defender would guard him. The Pacers had no business trading for him. They were 1st in Eastern Conference...the only thing they were doing was placing him out of his comfort zone yet again and causing some problems with the current flow of their team. He's a guy that shouldn't shock you with a 18/10/7 stat sheet some nights. He HAS the talent. He HAS the ability to be a really good player. I feel that he wasn't given a fair shake under the Doug Collins era, had the opportunity to show it off under Brett Brown which he still faced criticism because we were really bad, and then he got dealt to be a back up after being a 17/7/4 guy for us. All the moves and lack of faith can get to a players head. He was always criticized, and never given praise for his positive work.

The main point I guess I'm trying to make is that if Stevens is TRULY a good coach for you guys, he will let Turner kind of take on one of those go-to scorer mindsets and see where it takes the team. My only issue is that he seems to have signed with a team that has an abundance of young guys at the 1-3 positions. Time will tell, but with his potential, and the right coaching, I think Turner can really get on the right track and be a steal for you guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast