Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official 2014 Off-Season Thread Part III

Latest News:

Working to clear the logjam in the backcourt, the Knicks are discussing their potential trade options with guards J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Shane Larkin, a league source said Sunday.

“They’re working on trying to make a move in the backcourt,” the NBA source familiar with the Knicks’ thinking said Sunday.

The idea that the Knicks are trying to make a trade to balance the roster isn’t earth-shattering. President Phil Jackson and GM Steve Mills have mentioned the Knicks have a surplus in the backcourt, with Mills saying last week the Knicks are “heavy” at shooting guard.

The issue for the Knicks, of course, is deciding whom to send out in a trade and figuring out what they can get in return in such a transaction.

Tim Hardaway Jr. has been deemed virtually untouchable, per a source.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...ling-j-r-shump

The World Peace camp has expressed interest to the Knicks. Under the buyout, the Knicks already are paying World Peace $250,000 for next season. If World Peace were invited and made the team, he’d be eligible for the veteran’s minimum, $1.4 million.
    http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/knicks-...-chance-again/

Free agent Dahntay Jones is expected to work out for the Knicks this week as the shooting guard/small forward attempts to make a comeback after sitting out last season due to injury.
    Jones, 33, is also scheduled to audition for the Sixers, but the New Jersey product would prefer to land a contract with the Knicks that would reunite him with Carmelo Anthony, his former teammate in Denver.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1874219

vCash
    That Boston security guard doing the "3 to the Dome" will always be hilarious

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash

Kobe to knicks very possible just wait when la is 10-20 n Kobe pissed

vCash
    I doubt he wolves get fair value back for love even if he is traded it will most likely be to a team like bos and I doubt he resigns there the cavs are our biggest comp and if they keep wiggins we are in a really good position

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I doubt he wolves get fair value back for love even if he is traded it will most likely be to a team like bos and I doubt he resigns there the cavs are our biggest comp and if they keep wiggins we are in a really good position
    But who do we have that they want ? I mean shump is not that great and Phil has made it look like that Hardaway jr is untouchable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    But who do we have that they want ? I mean shump is not that great and Phil has made it look like that Hardaway jr is untouchable
    im talking about signing him in free agency we could keep all of our youth and just add him to the team

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    but if we did trade for love and wiggins and klay are not being offered I could see a deal of amare shump larkin timmy jr smith 2 first for k love and kmart

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash

Not that big on love unless it's fantasy hoops. Rather gasol dragic or rondo Jeff green

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Not that big on love unless it's fantasy hoops. Rather gasol dragic or rondo Jeff green
    but if we get love first we could still get gasol especially if we trade for him we don't need an upgrade at pg unless we miss out on love and lma

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    Phil is building Timmy's value very smart, I say he is the one that is getting mentioned from other teams in trade talks. He may end up netting us something good.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    Phil is building Timmy's value very smart, I say he is the one that is getting mentioned from other teams in trade talks. He may end up netting us something good.
    im only trading timmy for love

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I'm sorry but for Love..Timmy and anyone else not named Melo can go. Amare, Timmy, JR, Larkin...for Love and Kevin Martin and a 1st rd pick 2017. Martin's contract is big but the upside is he can shoot it from anywhere and Love to. So they both fit into triangle perfect. The problem would be on defense. So Knicks need a Donte Jones, MWP, and Kmart as in Kenyon Martin. The Rough House Crew...those 3 ladder mentioned.

PG Calderon
    SG Martin
    SF Melo
    PF Love
    C Dalembert

Outside of Dally, a team couldn't afford to double team anyone except Dally. Really sick lineup...I know I'm dreaming though...

vCash
    i dont think phil wants k love,he is the same player as melo,gasol and dragic or rondo are the players we should go after in 15
    rondo or dragic
    shumpert
    hardaway
    melo
    gasol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    I was thinking the same thing this morning when i heard Knicks where exploring trade for Shump, Larkin, JR.

Timmy is being built up (and rightfully so) and Phil could wind up cashing in that chip sooner than later unless he absolutely believes that THjr can be a star.

Phil has shown that he is willing to be patient and distract. Everything that has come out before anything happened has been a virtual smokescreen. Kerr, Hairston, Chandler trade, etc.

Timmy now goes to the select team and plays against the big boys. Maybe raises his value some more. I remember that being on the training team really helped DeRozan's game.

I would trade Timmy's potential for Love.

vCash
    Phil isn't done yet, he going to clear out our 2 guard glut. Donte Jones is coming is for that reason. He is an insurance policy and he and Melo are partners. There will be some kind of deal before training camp starts. Look for Jr, Larkin, Schump to be traded, Ellington will be released and maybe Bargs to be gone. Knicks want to make room for MWP, Jones, and Tyler.

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast