Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Minor League Thread (07/21/2014 - 08/03/2014)

Conforto 2 for 3, with a double.

Molina with 7 Ks in 6 innings.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Michael Katz 3 for 3 with a double. He is really benefiting by hitting behind Conforto.

EDIT: Katz now 4 for 4 and batting .306.
    Last edited by Gideon; 07-21-2014 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Brooklyn remains undefeated since Conforto joined the club.

vCash
    The Comforter has yet to strike out.

vCash
    Didn't know where to post this, so I figured why not here because the people that care about the draft and prospects are usually in this thread:

MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes reports that a change has been made to the protected pick structuring. Previously, the CBA had called for the “Top 10″ picks to be protected, but changes have been made that will protect the picks of the teams with the 10 worst records, regardless of whether or not comp picks are inserted into the first 10 selections.

This very situation may have cost the Mets a chance to sign Michael Bourn in the 2012-13 offseason (an outcome that, in hindsight, may have been beneficial to New York). The Mets finished the 2012 campaign with the 10th-worst record in baseball, but their No. 10 pick was pushed back to No. 11 due to the Pirates’ inability to reach agreement with 2012′s No. 8 overall pick — Mark Appel (who was drafted 1-1 by Houston the following season).
    Glad we dodged a bullet with Bourn, but really? The Mets always get screwed on things like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Didn't know where to post this, so I figured why not here because the people that care about the draft and prospects are usually in this thread:

Glad we dodged a bullet with Bourn, but really? The Mets always get screwed on things like this.
    That comes into play right away with the Astros missing the #1 pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    That comes into play right away with the Astros missing the #1 pick
    The Mets are also currently tied with the Red Sox for the 10th worst record in the league. I don't see them finishing that low, but it's good to know that the rule change was made. The old rule was stupid and people clearly hadn't thought it though enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Conforto 2 for 3, with a double.
    Bump him to Savh.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Michael Katz 3 for 3 with a double. He is really benefiting by hitting behind Conforto.

EDIT: Katz now 4 for 4 and batting .306.
    I've often hypothesized that who bats in front of you is > than who bats in back. True?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Bump him to Savh.
    I say leave him in Brooklyn for this week. Give the guy a chance to ride the Cyclone, eat some more Italian food, and help Brooklyn get to a couple games above .500. Then move him straight to St. Lucie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I've often hypothesized that who bats in front of you is > than who bats in back. True?
    I'd agree with this. Theoretically pitchers are worse out of the stretch (if a guy got on in front of you), and if nobody is batting behind you, you'll constantly be ahead in counts if the pitcher is trying to nibble. Being ahead in the count is way more important than "getting pitches to hit" because the pitcher doesn't want to walk you in front of who is hitting behind you.

vCash
    @AmazinAvenue: Mets pitching prospect Chris Flexen had Tommy John surgery, bone chips removed from elbow http://t.co/ZMJ1YUVHcH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    I say leave him in Brooklyn for this week. Give the guy a chance to ride the Cyclone, eat some more Italian food, and help Brooklyn get to a couple games above .500. Then move him straight to St. Lucie.
    Savannah is a much nicer place to visit. Everyone should visit once.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Tough break for Flexen.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Nimmo with a Home Run and Herrera with a Double.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast