Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Triangle: Knicks style

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but if not I think the guy does a nice job explaining the triangle using this year's Knicks summer league team as the model. I think many of you will find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyKnN9AMIE

vCash
    That's a great find Knicks Fever. Really enjoyed watching it. You can definitely see where Melo could thrive in this system, especially with a big like Amare or Tyler who can shoot it or cut to the rim

vCash
    Nice find.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Really cool. Thanks for posting this.

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Great find! thanks for posting

vCash
    You're welcome everyone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n2s1 View Post
    That's a great find Knicks Fever. Really enjoyed watching it. You can definitely see where Melo could thrive in this system, especially with a big like Amare or Tyler who can shoot it or cut to the rim
    Thanks. You're definitely right, I think Melo will finally be infused in a system that caters perfectly to his skill set. Im glad to see our younger players are picking it up nicely, albeit a challenging system.

vCash
    Thanks for the video. I really like what I've seen from Tyler in this offense and I can see Amare thriving as the starting 5. Melo of course is going to be a stud. Calderon was traded for since he does all the things needed to run it, summer league showed what Timmy can do in it and I believe Jr can much more effective than what most are giving him credit for.

The people I see as the odd men out are Shump, Prigs (to some extent) and Bargs.

vCash
    Man...this video is just terrible... I freakn hate it.... Lmao...I'm just kidding..
    This was amazing..
    I Never knew there was so much responsibility on the power forward in the triangle system...
    And with that said...melo must never play the 4 ...
    For this to work to his benefit he's gotta buy into the system, and passing to the curler and cutters and trust that if he's open he will get the ball.
    This is the perfect system for melo...
    I can see him dropping 29 to 30 ppg in this system... This was a great video..

vCash
    Excellent find, Knick Fever. I bookmarked your link for future reference.

If Melo buys into the system it will definitely make scoring easier for him.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Man...this video is just terrible... I freakn hate it.... Lmao...I'm just kidding..
    This was amazing..
    I Never knew there was so much responsibility on the power forward in the triangle system...
    And with that said...melo must never play the 4 ...
    For this to work to his benefit he's gotta buy into the system, and passing to the curler and cutters and trust that if he's open he will get the ball.
    This is the perfect system for melo...
    I can see him dropping 29 to 30 ppg in this system... This was a great video..
    lol, no problem Yanks I'm glad you found it informative. Melo will indeed thrive in this system, where he will not only be able to score with ease, but will force him to find the open man in motion. This system limits second guessing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    Excellent find, Knick Fever. I bookmarked your link for future reference.

If Melo buys into the system it will definitely make scoring easier for him.
    No doubt Knick4Knack, its a sophisticated system with a ton of options. Melo will score, but expect his assists avg to break 4 as well. We'll hear MVP talks again next season.

vCash
    Today was the first day I put in the Triangle Offense with my team. I coach high school freshman and we have summer workouts.

vCash
    to Knick Fever,

Having never played besides in pick up games, I'm not really a "student" of the game but have always been a big fan going back to when I was AT MSG the night they introduced "Earl the Pearl" as the newest Knick! Place was rockin' cause 3/4 of the arena didn't even know about the deal. I'll never forget the eerie anticipatory silence as the crowd glued their eyes on the tunnel followed by the deafening roar of disbelief!

Anyway, I'll have to check this video out a couple times to grasp it but it is great! Thanks for posting it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Today was the first day I put in the Triangle Offense with my team. I coach high school freshman and we have summer workouts.
    Be interested to hear how it goes . . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast